Qatar Bollocks (AKA Qatar consider MUFC takeover?)

Sir Matt

Blue Devil
You'd prefer to keep the Glazers?
The devil you know vs the devil you don't. The Glazers wouldn't be awful if they keep getting rid of the debt. Better than having to worry about when the owner will get board and leave.

Q80

Hasn't realized users can't edit thread titles, he edited the title in the 1st post.
This.

My bad!

Not sure I would want United to be some rich Arab's plaything.
I wouldnt either. The way city are being run right now isnt something to look up to. The owners job is to "own" and spend cash.

Leave the running of the club and squad to SAF and the likes.

Crumpsall Red

The devil you know vs the devil you don't. The Glazers wouldn't be awful if they keep getting rid of the debt. Better than having to worry about when the owner will get board and leave.
You mean bored.

Don't want the Yanks or some trumped up Arab family who no doubt got where they are by crushing people, owning Manchester United. They can all feck off

CLK_FPC

Fists of Fury
You mean bored.

Don't want the Yanks or some trumped up Arab family who no doubt got where they are by crushing people, owning Manchester United. They can all feck off
Bit silly that, I take it your naked living in a cave somewhere and somehow posting on the Caf using mental powers. Most things are based off of people crushing others. The clothes you have on probably made in a sweat shop etc

Barclays was founded with money from Slavery doesn't stop people from banking with them!

Unfortunately with business there is always a loser and people will end up being crushed.

Nate Dogg

Don't Make Me Angry
Lets see how long it takes for the is story to end on caughtoffside...

decorativeed

Does anyone else remember the days when Qatar's only football claim to fame was being the shittiest nation possible to play against in the original FIFA console game back in 1993? The one you picked so you could thrash ten shades of shite out of without breaking a fingernail? How things have changed...

Alex

Does anyone else the days when Qatar's only football claim to fame was being the shittiest nation possible to play against in the original FIFA console game back in 1993? The one you picked so you could thrash ten shades of shite out of without breaking a fingernail? How things have changed...
Is that actually true? :lol:

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Yeah, cos they need that at the moment. I honestly can't think of any other way in which people might associate Qatar and football at the moment.:smirk:
You can't?

Well firstly I associate Qatar and football by playing Fifa International when I was about 7 or 8 and Qatar being the worst side on their by a country mile.

Secondly I assoiciate Qatar as a country that has nothing to do with Football yet is somehow hosting the worldcup despit 99% of the Footballing world questioning why on earth this is allowed to happen when they have no experience whatsoever.

Thirdly I assoiciate them with the biggest club in world football who they are subject to a takeover bid that would cost them relatively nothing and earn them a fortune and instantly put them on the world stage and let everyone know who they are.

I was forever talking about Abu Dhabi in 2008. Couldn't shut me up about them. Since they took over a midocre club in City though I've forgotten all about them.

To think I thought you were cynical Dan. Fo shame.

EDIT - My First sentenc is relevant to post a couple above. They had a black and white flag I believe?

The Adidas Predetor adverts when you scored a goal in that game were pretty much the best reward for any goal in any game ever!

jb8521

Does anyone else remember the days when Qatar's only football claim to fame was being the shittiest nation possible to play against in the original FIFA console game back in 1993? The one you picked so you could thrash ten shades of shite out of without breaking a fingernail? How things have changed...
Yeah that used to be great I had never heard of the place and pronounced it quator like in equator.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Yeah that used to be great I had never heard of the place and pronounced it quator like in equator.
While we're on the nostalgic path, did you ever use the trick of standing your striker in front of the goalkeeper then they were kicking out of hand and it hit your striker and dropped in front and set you up for an easy goal?

I used to have 20+ scorelines thanks to this..!

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
Would love it if Qatar did buy us .... we'd basically have an open cheque book til at least 2022. It would prob convince SAF to stay on until he is last breath. Would be great.

Care_de_Bobo

Would love it if Qatar did buy us .... we'd basically have an open cheque book til at least 2022. It would prob convince SAF to stay on until he is last breath. Would be great.
And it's not as if rival fans would be able to say our success is only down to a sugar daddy or anything, Chelsea and City are only where they are because of rich owners. With us it would just mean we would be able to sign the biggest names in football a lot easier, though I'm not sure SAF would go down that route anyway, he knows that having 11 superstars on one team is likely to lead to problems.

ciderman9000000

I imagine if anything like this did happen then English football would suddenly become a very stupid sport. Can't believe some people are actually willing it; "I hope to God this happens" in one guy's case. It'd be a transfer muppet's wet dream, but the end of football as we now know it.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
I imagine if anything like this did happen then English football would suddenly become a very stupid sport. Can't believe some people are actually willing it; "I hope to God this happens" in one guy's case. It'd be a transfer muppet's wet dream, but the end of football as we now know it.
On the other hand I'd rather see United in the hands of a transfer muppet rather then submerged in debt as it is at the moment. Lets face it, its not as if the Glazers are experts in football am I right?

elmo

Can never have too many Eevees
While we're on the nostalgic path, did you ever use the trick of standing your striker in front of the goalkeeper then they were kicking out of hand and it hit your striker and dropped in front and set you up for an easy goal?

I used to have 20+ scorelines thanks to this..!
I remember the good old days when you could control players tp purposely slide the goalkeeper before he took the goal kick in order to get sent off :lol:

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
Their main interest is no doubt to promote the WC 2022 but what after that WC?
Is there a guarantee that they would still continue to back us after the World Cup?
After the Portsmouth debacle I'm quite wary of these takeovers tbh.

DanH

On the other hand I'd rather see United in the hands of a transfer muppet rather then submerged in debt as it is at the moment. Lets face it, its not as if the Glazers are experts in football am I right?
They don't pretend to be though do they. They let the experts get on with it with minimal interference.

We seem to be doing just fine despite 'drowning in debt' as you term it.

Anyway this appears to just be baseless currently.

Gambit

Desperately wants to be a Muppet
Their main interest is no doubt to promote the WC 2022 but what after that WC?
Is there a guarantee that they would still continue to back us after the World Cup?
After the Portsmouth debacle I'm quite wary of these takeovers tbh.
A bit of a different situation than Portsmouth. If they buy the club and remove the debt, then they can just let United be self financing and we would be able to spend the money we make which wouldn't need any financial outlet from the owners, and still compete with any team out there.

vanrooney

Generally i am all against the shit turbo financing of football. Because maybe there is at some time nothing left of the game we love. But i have to say if we are talking about United i only think about whats best for the club.

Therefor i have to say that a takeover is inevitable. The only question is who is going to buy out the Glazers. The point is i prefer a takeover at a time where the great superb and hoperfully for long time serving Sir Alex Ferguson is in charge. Because he knows and can articulate that nobody is bigger than the club. All in all i have to say bring in the money now. Why not. Its not as if we have no history.

ps: i am totaly drunk and not english so please take the mistakes as given