Quiet Old Trafford

hp88

I got moved into South Stand from upper East due to the vermin being there. Loads who don't normally sit there were in South hence the improved atmosphere - plus it being 'them' obviously helps. Kept getting told to sit down by the regulars :lol:

Saw McClair just swanning around on the concourse looking a bit merry with a hairband in his long grey hair. He is literally living the dream.
Ah that explains it then, to be fair the whole place was bouncing at times. Just shows what we’re capable of though as a fan base, just a bit shit it takes having to play the scousers to bring it out of everyone.

Murder on Zidane's Floor

You'd better not kill Giroud
Yeah, kind of.

The "Sun was right, you're murderers" is a more direct reference to Hillsborough. So grim. We lose any right to moan about Munich stuff when we sing that.

The You'll never get a job chant is proper grim aswell. Especially at the moment with so many struggling.
I personally love the sign on chant.

Murder on Zidane's Floor

You'd better not kill Giroud
The only game i recall for atmosphere equal to yesterday was the Barca semi final in 2008.

I can imagine though the derby when Owen scored was probably similar to yesterday

the noise at the end of the game was just unbelievable. It was just bedlam and pandemonium everywhere you looked

It was honestly a privilege to be there and feel lucky to have been there.

They will be talking about that game 30 years from now
Amen brother

Steve Bruce

Yeah, kind of.

The "Sun was right, you're murderers" is a more direct reference to Hillsborough. So grim. We lose any right to moan about Munich stuff when we sing that.

The You'll never get a job chant is proper grim aswell. Especially at the moment with so many struggling.
You're right in the first paragraph and totally agree, it's not something to chant about.

The second paragraph, it's just a banter song and I think you would have to be super sensitive to be offended by it. Imo it's quite a tame song.

We don't want football to be too sterile

Adebisi's Hat

Supports
who do you feckin think ?
The only game i recall for atmosphere equal to yesterday was the Barca semi final in 2008.

I can imagine though the derby when Owen scored was probably similar to yesterday

the noise at the end of the game was just unbelievable. It was just bedlam and pandemonium everywhere you looked

It was honestly a privilege to be there and feel lucky to have been there.

They will be talking about that game 30 years from now
that was poetic bro. I happened to be listening to the wireless in the car yesterday and they played back the radio commentary for the last goal that i not previously heard, there is just something about a radio commentary over TV that makes your hair stand on end and catches the atmosphere, wonderful stuff. If you have not already heard it i urge you to dig it out, BBC i think.

GregM40

that was poetic bro. I happened to be listening to the wireless in the car yesterday and they played back the radio commentary for the last goal that i not previously heard, there is just something about a radio commentary over TV that makes your hair stand on end and catches the atmosphere, wonderful stuff. If you have not already heard it i urge you to dig it out, BBC i think.
I think you are referring to Gaz Drinkwater who perfectly demonstrated how the end of that game felt for everyone in the ground.

Adebisi's Hat

Supports
who do you feckin think ?
I think it was this one with Andy Townsend that i heard, go to 2:39, that ref added sooo much injury time though.

SouthMancRed

Cheimoon's Fault
The winner highlighted the rollercoaster of being a football fan. For the breakaway, pass, score you could hear the crowd go...YAY! C'MON...t'ch awww sigh...GOOOAAALLLLLLLLL!!!!!! Being there must've been unreal.

Rood

nostradamus like gloater
Scout
Time to rename this thread !

How noisy was Old Trafford during Liverpool classic?
https://www.manutd.com/en/news/deta...dest-old-trafford-crowd-of-the-2023-24-season

It was bedlam, madness, mayhem and ecstasy, and a million more words besides. But just how loud was Old Trafford during our colossal FA Cup win over Liverpool?

Well, new data that has been made available by the club has just revealed the answer: the Theatre of Dreams delivered its loudest noise of the 2023/24 season last Sunday.

The average decibel level was a mighty 94.9dB across those dramatic 120-plus minutes – substantially beyond the racket produced for standout victories over Brentford and Aston Villa earlier in the campaign...

Red00012

Yeah, kind of.

2024 the year people gets offended by “you’ll never get a job” sung at Scousers .

Red00012

Time to rename this thread !

How noisy was Old Trafford during Liverpool classic?
https://www.manutd.com/en/news/deta...dest-old-trafford-crowd-of-the-2023-24-season

It was bedlam, madness, mayhem and ecstasy, and a million more words besides. But just how loud was Old Trafford during our colossal FA Cup win over Liverpool?

Well, new data that has been made available by the club has just revealed the answer: the Theatre of Dreams delivered its loudest noise of the 2023/24 season last Sunday.

The average decibel level was a mighty 94.9dB across those dramatic 120-plus minutes – substantially beyond the racket produced for standout victories over Brentford and Aston Villa earlier in the campaign...
I’ve always thought the best atmosphere was at home to Madrid where Nani got sent off . I think Sunday beat it. I’m still watching highlights 4 days later