Television Quiz by ITV

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
Anyone been watching Quiz? It's a 3 episode drama, with last episode tonight (Wednesday 15th).

It's about the the 'coughing' scandal' from 2001on ITV quiz show 'Who Wants To Be a Millionaire?'. First 2 episodes (last 2 nights) were outstanding; British TV drama at its very best. Caused quite a stir so far, and given current lockdown, many expecting record viewership tonight.

Sylar

I saw it coming on yesterday, so taped it and downloaded the others (sky catchup or whatever it is).
Looking to watch this tonight (think its three, right?)

I remember the 'major fraud' show that ITV did and was so fascinated by it. Given the reviews, looking forward to it.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
I saw it coming on yesterday, so taped it and downloaded the others (sky catchup or whatever it is).
Looking to watch this tonight (think its three, right?)

I remember the 'major fraud' show that ITV did and was so fascinated by it. Given the reviews, looking forward to it.
Yes. Last episode tonight on ITV 3. I think they are showing the actual show itself on Thursday night too.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
First two episodes were outstanding. Third a little weaker (not just because of the more innocent slant in court).

Was a big Millionaire fan in the day and era that brings back a lot of happy memories so was always going to enjoy it.

Loved the behind the scenes dialogue when they first suspected him of cheating.

Oggmonster

So I think he was innocent. Way too much circumstantial evidence and no definitive ‘gotcha’ proof of guilt.

Seems even judge agreed with his sentencing.
I think they missed stuff out towards the end in the court. Apparently the theatre production plays up more the "what if they were innocent" where as they show implied they actually were. I think the problem of making the show is that cos they maintain their innocence they can't really show their guilt properly because they don't know what they said in private (they'd surely talk about their guilt at home together for example.)

I enjoyed the show for what is was and whilst it did raise some questions I don't think it'd make me change my mind on it really...it wouldn't surprise me if ITV have another show about it soon so made it a bit open ended to get people talking and it has worked in fairness

Acole9

Outstanding
I thought it was excellent, although the third episode was slightly weaker. Sheen was terrific as Chris Tarrant. The only criticism I have was that Aisling Bea, really poorly casted character.

If you haven't seen it then it's well worth watching.

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
I've only seen the first two so far and it's great but I really felt they could've stretched it out a few more episodes, no? It moved at a blistering pace and there seems to be so much material there.

esmufc07

Brad
Scout
Was decent viewing but felt like a sketch at times. Certainly a strong defence though I’d imagine they’ve left a lot out so not surprising. One thing however, they make it seem like it happened just prior to 9/11, but when I watched the actual footage of Ingram winning his million the cheque shows the 18th September 2001?

44:22

Did they just add the 9/11 stuff for drama?

Garethw

scored 25-30 goals a season as a right footed RW
Was decent viewing but felt like a sketch at times. Certainly a strong defence though I’d imagine they’ve left a lot out so not surprising. One thing however, they make it seem like it happened just prior to 9/11, but when I watched the actual footage of Ingram winning his million the cheque shows the 18th September 2001?

I think it was filmed on 9/11 and 10/11but the cheque had the shows broadcast date written on it.

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff

I think it was filmed on 9/11 and 10/11but the cheque had the shows broadcast date written on it.
I've only watched the first two episodes but it was explained in the second that the broadcast dates were delayed due to the irregularities. Even Ingram's wikipedia page says the episodes were filmed on the 9th and 10th (think you mean 9/9 and 10/9 (or 9/10 if American format) Gareth).

esmufc07

Brad
Scout
I've only watched the first two episodes but it was explained in the second that the broadcast dates were delayed due to the irregularities. Even Ingram's wikipedia page says the episodes were filmed on the 9th and 10th (think you mean 9/9 and 10/9 (or 9/10 if American format) Gareth).
So I haven’t uncovered a giant conspiracy ?

Garethw

scored 25-30 goals a season as a right footed RW
Yeah, sorry. Was just following Elvis’ date format :D

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
The defence lawyer made a pretty convincing arguement IMO.

Tough to say they were definitely guilty beyond reasonable doubt.

WR

Frankie Barwell ITK
Does the show try and imply he could be innocent? He’s the most guilty man ever ffs. Guy couldn’t answer a question at first, then next minute he’s saying it’s one answer but oh actually it might be this and stumbling his way to one million. Not as if he was reciting knowledge during the questions either, he was just saying “could be this, but also could be this..”

Having said that I’ve not seen it in years so may be missing parts. If he had any sense he would have stopped at 125k

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
Does the show try and imply he could be innocent?
Yes but it is based on a play, so not sure if the play was the same. They probably also have legal action etc to consider if they frame it as him being 100% guilty.

The creator has posted some facts