Rúben Dias - FWA Footballer of the Year

11 more goals in the league isn't really far more when you take into account the first 3 matches with almost no pre-season and 1 of them we played with 10 men, we conceded 11. That's pretty much the difference.
36 in 34 for Maguire and 21 in 31 for Dias.

https://www.squawka.com/en/comparison-matrix/?compare=mkE5UMqZF0FxJb0Z-lvGh

Stats aside, the impact Dias had on his team is remarkable, especially at his age, in a new league, with no pre-season. Fully deserving of the accolades.

PaulScholes99

Shocking performance in the 1st half. The own goal was bad luck, but he was terrible in the whole 45 minutes.

Nero

This is what happens when you actually have to defend more than once a game.

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
Not quite the one man defence he's been made out to be for City tonight.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
He's obviously really terrified of Havertz.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
Had a shit tournament. Got thrown about by lukaku today.
Most people do. Even Pepe when they squared up to each other. Lukaku is still Lukaku's worst enemy.

If that bullet header hadn't been straight at Courtois...

Pow

Supports
Chelsea
Most people do. Even Pepe when they squared up to each other. Lukaku is still Lukaku's worst enemy.

If that bullet header hadn't been straight at Courtois...
Header is irrelevant I'm talking about his defending it's been awful. He was spun constantly against Germany let benzema waltz past him and got thrown about all game by lukaku. The 40 year old alongside him looked levels above.

cyberman

The false 9 formation protects him a lot at City. Every teammate is within close proximity to each other

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
Roasted by Lukaku. He should be embarrassed and wearing face mask everywhere.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
Header is irrelevant I'm talking about his defending it's been awful. He was spun constantly against Germany let benzema waltz past him and got thrown about all game by lukaku. The 40 year old alongside him looked levels above.
I don't disagree. Just that I've yet to see a defender go toe to toe physically with Lukaku. Maybe Marquinhos did, but Rom scored a brace against them.

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
He had a terrible tournament IMO. Pepe looked far more secure.

Ladron de redcafe

Let me guess, he's also protected by City's system?
Is it that wild a claim? It was always arguable that Gerard Pique benefited from a system that accentuated his strengths and hid his weakness when he was playing for the older Barcelona teams from the turn of the last decade till the mid 2010s.

Some defenders do benefit from a system that suits them. I am not saying it's necessarily true in this case, but that we have seen several examples of defenders struggling when asked to play in an entirely different system.

adexkola

Doesn't understand sportswashing.
The CL is a glorified FA Cup set to music
Supports
orderly disembarking on planes
Is it that wild a claim? It was always arguable that Gerard Pique benefited from a system that accentuated his strengths and hid his weakness when he was playing for the older Barcelona teams from the turn of the last decade till the mid 2010s.

Some defenders do benefit from a system that suits them. I am not saying it's necessarily true in this case, but that we have seen several examples of defenders struggling when asked to play in an entirely different system.
Oh I just wonder out loud at when we can get this magical system installed at Old Trafford. Because this is somehow applicable to every player at City sans De Bruyne...

Ladron de redcafe

Oh I just wonder out loud at when we can get this magical system installed at Old Trafford. Because this is somehow applicable to every player at City sans De Bruyne...
Is there such a thing as a magical system? It's more to do with Guardiola's juego de posición. And it might hamper some who might see their ability to express themselves and take risks hampered, while elevating the play of others and hiding their weaknesses.

De Bruyne would be successful anywhere because he's a legitimately world class player. But that's the entire argument here. I assume whoever thinks Diaz's excellence in the premier League is predicated on Pep's management would not recognize Diaz as a world class player. The comparison isn't analogous.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
The false 9 formation protects him a lot at City. Every teammate is within close proximity to each other
It’s mostly the dark arts protecting him. When your midfielders can chop down opponents and stop every counter without facing any consequences you’re living a charmed life as a CB.

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
It’s mostly the dark arts protecting him. When your midfielders can chop down opponents and stop every counter without facing any consequences you’re living a charmed life as a CB.
Yup. When Fernandinho gets away with stopping counters without getting a yellow it does make your life easier.

Eddy_JukeZ

It is a bit funny how every City player bar KDB is far worse for their national team though.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
Didn’t he say he’s Portugal’s best ever defender? Absolute muppet.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
Yup. When Fernandinho gets away with stopping counters without getting a yellow it does make your life easier.
Wales red card yesterday, that’s what Fernandinho does at least 5 times per game without even getting a booking.

adexkola

Doesn't understand sportswashing.
The CL is a glorified FA Cup set to music
Supports
orderly disembarking on planes
It is a bit funny how every City player bar KDB is far worse for their national team though.
It's also funny how Pep's a fraud.

Is there such a thing as a magical system? It's more to do with Guardiola's juego de posición. And it might hamper some who might see their ability to express themselves and take risks hampered, while elevating the play of others and hiding their weaknesses.

De Bruyne would be successful anywhere because he's a legitimately world class player. But that's the entire argument here. I assume whoever thinks Diaz's excellence in the premier League is predicated on Pep's management would not recognize Diaz as a world class player. The comparison isn't analogous.
That's not the definition of a world class player, otherwise there aren't more than 3 in the world today. Most players perform best when being managed in optimal setups. A drop off in performance is not indicative of their true level of quality.

El Jefe

Let me guess, you can't find anything better to do than run a cluster analysis on my posts like a sad sap?
Not the guy with 41k posts talking about having anything better to do.

I have no clue what you post like in general but when it comes to City topics you get awfully sensitive about them and easily stand out for the bollocks you spout. When challenged with good points you resort to silly sarcastic posts just as you've done in this very thread.

krentz

FWA is a joke anyway. I remember Scott Parker winning it in the season where Nani and Berbatov were tearing up the league apart.