Rafa Benitez Sackwatch

Ludens the Red

The round one is closing in on his 4th sacking in 4 years (impressive).

Liverpool 2010
Inter 2011
Chelsea 2013
Napoli 2014??

Napoli failed to qualify for the Champions League, failed to mount a title challenge last year and have stunk the place up so far this season in the league.

watch this space...

united_99

Takes pleasure in other people's pain
The round one is closing in on his 4th sacking in 4 years (impressive).

Liverpool 2010
Inter 2011
Chelsea 2013
Napoli 2014??

Napoli failed to qualify for the Champions League, failed to mount a title challenge last year and have stunk the place up so far this season in the league.

watch this space...
:nervous: I think I don't need to write down what is going through my head now! Don't even think about it Ed!!

Mindhunter

To be fair he was decent for Liverpool and Chelsea. Also, Chelsea wasn't a sacking. It was a short time appointment and he was never going to get the job especially after how the fans reacted to him. Fair enough on Inter, he completely destroyed a treble winning team.

shaggy

Prefers blue over red, loathed by Spurs fans
Rafa's an alright manager. Certainly miles better than someone like David Moyes. I'll still laugh if he gets sacked though.

RedDevilCanuck

Quite dreamy - blue eyes, blond hair, tanned skin
Do they still have Hamsik? After Snieder he was a muppet's dream on here around 2010.

RooneyLegend

Don't rate him as a manager. Napoli need to get rid before he causes any more damage.

binary bot
To be fair he was decent for Liverpool and Chelsea. Also, Chelsea wasn't a sacking. It was a short time appointment and he was never going to get the job especially after how the fans reacted to him. Fair enough on Inter, he completely destroyed a treble winning team.
That Inter job looked like an inevitable failure in hindsight. It must be one of the oldest XIs to win the CL. Then you look at the careers of the team after Mourinho(Cesar, Maicon, Lucio, Sneijder, Eto, Cambiasso). Mourinho really did get the maximum out of players who were only going to deteriorate from that point on.

Joga Bonito

The Art of Football
That Inter job looked like an inevitable failure in hindsight. It must be one of the oldest XIs to win the CL. Then you look at the careers of the team after Mourinho(Cesar, Maicon, Lucio, Sneijder, Eto, Cambiasso). Mourinho really did get the maximum out of players who were only going to deteriorate from that point on.
You could add Chivu and Walter Samuel to that list as well. Boy did that team have a great defense... Julio Cesar, Zanetti, Lucio, Samuel, Maicon and Cambiasso shielding them. Inter's collapse was just staggering.

Mindhunter

True, but he still should get the blame nonetheless. He knew what he was getting into when he signed up for the CL champions. The fact that he couldn't continue their success is proof that he isn't good enough. To put it another way, had Mourinho remained coach, Inter would have done far better with the same players and a few additions over the summer.

I personally think that he is a decent coach and would do considerably well for a national side. However consistent results in a league format is not his cup of tea.

adamwest

This old timer seemed to do pretty well against us on Sunday :)

Sam

Not sure why I read the title as 'Rafa Benitez sandwich'

Probably my subconscious playing tricks :smirk::lol:

Invictus

Poster of the Year 2015 & 2018
Staff
Supports
Piracy on the High Seas.
He has a stingy management at Napoli. Didn't he win a trophy with them last season?

I guess my point is, he's a good manager.
Wouldn't call them stingy per se. Serie A teams have fallen on some hard times in recent years through a combination of corruption allegations, plummeting attendances and low UEFA coefficient. Considering that Napoli have done well to spend a net of ~60 million in 4 seasonsincluding 21 million in the last 3 seasons. Roma have spent a roughly similar amount on transfers ~65 million including -2 million in the last 3 seasons.

Rafa's achilles' heel right from the Valencia days has been overspending on average grade players. Since his appointment he's spent good money (by Serie A standards) on Albiol, Jorginho, Callejon, de Guzman, Koulibably and they haven't performed to a high standard. Roma and partially Rudi Garcia in comparison have been really astute - bringing in Marquinhos, Gervinho, Pjanic, Dodo, Naingollan, Benatia, Destro - who have far exceeded their transfer fee in terms of productivity or resale value.

langster

Captain Stink mouth, so soppy few pints very wow!
Scout
He's so unbelievably dislikeable, a real cringe to listen to when giving interviews. The Spanish Moyes in that respect, he's just won more and obviously a far better manager. His win% for Liverpool was actually not bad only 3% behind Fergies. Although that doesn't count for much really.

KiD MoYeS

Good Craig got his c'nuppins
Did very well at Valencia. Began well at Liverpool before Ferguson completely destroyed him. Did horrendous at Inter. Did well at Chelsea. Not doing too great now. Dunno what to make of him as a manager.

The Mitcher

connoisseur of pot noodles and sandwiches
Did very well at Valencia. Began well at Liverpool before Ferguson completely destroyed him. Did horrendous at Inter. Did well at Chelsea. Not doing too great now. Dunno what to make of him as a manager.
Did you look at the Fachts?

Smoke On the Water

Oooof, I'd forgotten about this. Why on earth did someone not run out into the presser and just stop him and go 'mate come on what the hell'. Reminds me of when they were trying to calm Mascherano down when he got sent off for being a plank.

The whole scripted nature of it. Cringeworthy stuff really.

Ludens the Red

Wouldn't call them stingy per se. Serie A teams have fallen on some hard times in recent years through a combination of corruption allegations, plummeting attendances and low UEFA coefficient. Considering that Napoli have done well to spend a net of ~60 million in 4 seasonsincluding 21 million in the last 3 seasons. Roma have spent a roughly similar amount on transfers ~65 million including -2 million in the last 3 seasons.

Rafa's achilles' heel right from the Valencia days has been overspending on average grade players. Since his appointment he's spent good money (by Serie A standards) on Albiol, Jorginho, Callejon, de Guzman, Koulibably and they haven't performed to a high standard. Roma and partially Rudi Garcia in comparison have been really astute - bringing in Marquinhos, Gervinho, Pjanic, Dodo, Naingollan, Benatia, Destro - who have far exceeded their transfer fee in terms of productivity or resale value.
He's awful in the transfer market, like really bad, he doesn't seem to have a policy. ITs just a random assortment of players. The more he brings in players the worse his teams get.