Rafael | Lyon Player

Status
Not open for further replies.

justboy68

LVG has been accused of having something against Brazilians before so to me it sounds like some journo has asked him if he thinks that is the reason and Rafa is trying to play it down in his response.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
Maybe Van Gaal didn't like him because he prefers a right back who can go longer than 3 or 4 games without breaking down?
Well he seems to like our other defenders who are all pretty much the same as him when it comes to injuries, he rewarded two of them with new contracts over the summer actually.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
LVG has been accused of having something against Brazilians before so to me it sounds like some journo has asked him if he thinks that is the reason and Rafa is trying to play it down in his response.
Exactly.

Smores

Reading the full interview it's clear he does his best not to say a bad word about any of the managers. He clearly states that he couldn't say that LvG has a problem with Brazilians, they've just selected a section of the interview to mislead.

Think he'll always have big regrets. If Fergie had stayed on another year or two his career may have gone a very different course

Walters_19_MuFc

Van Gaal doesn't have anything against Brazilians. Rafael, as good as he could have been, didn't get played because he was a liability, and has been over the last few years. Unfortunately, we can no longer rely on these type of players, and I guess Van Gaal saw Valencia as a much more reliable second choice to have at right back over Rafael.

OldRed73

Rafa, DDG, Valdes, Nani, Ando, Falcao, ADM

Maybe it's just Spanish and Portuguese speakers he doesn't like :D

Eric'sCollar

Asked for his wife's permission before signing up
Favourited a tweet of mine the other day. I think it moved.

Status
Not open for further replies.