Raheem Sterling vs Joe Gomez

robinamicrowave

Wanted to be bran, ended up being littlefinger
Supports
Man City
He didn't hang Sterling out to dry and it definitely wasn't for no reason, he attacked Gomez. Gomez being booed is not because of Southgate, it's because of numpty fans. You're putting the blame in the wrong place here.
Gomez being booed was inevitable. Southgate should know how to make sure fans have no ammo.

sebsheep

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Gomez being booed was inevitable. Southgate should know how to make sure fans have no ammo.
Well I think a lot of the comments in this thread would back you up on it being inevitable, but as Sterling caused the whole thing and it was the fans that booed Gomez then they are the ones to be blamed here.
I'm not sure why there seems to be the suggestion that Southgate is trying to show everyone who is boss here when he's dealing with a player who has physically attacked another member of the squad.

Seaman

Supports
Barnet
Well I think a lot of the comments in this thread would back you up on it being inevitable, but as Sterling caused the whole thing and it was the fans that booed Gomez then they are the ones to be blamed here.
I'm not sure why there seems to be the suggestion that Southgate is trying to show everyone who is boss here when he's dealing with a player who has physically attacked another member of the squad.
Southgate really did it to flex his muscles and give the media something. No wonder every gossip loving journo praises him