Raheem Sterling

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rolaholic

Absolutely a steal in this market if the quoted fee is true (45-55m).

Less accomplished forwards are being floated and sold for more like the likes of Raphinha,Richarlison and Antony. He's a proven winner and G+A machine in the league and isn't near passed it yet or a crock/injury prone.

Really like the signing for them, him and Mane are likely to prove to be some of the best buys of the summer imo

Maluco

Last Man Standing 3 champion 2019/20
It’s definitely cheap for a player of his quality. I’m surprised City were ok selling to a title rival.
I don’t think he was happy with his starts last season and his lesser profile in the team, so I assume he has asked to leave and they would rather let him go amicably after his service to the club.

It’s definitely cheap though, even with time left on his contract. He is an 80 million pound player for me.

Brwned

Have you ever been in love before?
I really don’t understand the fee. He’s clearly a much better player than Richarlison and it’s not like he’s old. They must really believe he’s going to do a Rooney.

Yagami

Good post resistant
Great signing for Chelsea. Shame we had no chance of getting him.

Orc

Pretended to be a United fan for two years
Supports
Chelsea
I really don’t understand the fee. He’s clearly a much better player than Richarlison and it’s not like he’s old. They must really believe he’s going to do a Rooney.
Only reason the fee is reasonable is that he’s got 1 year left on his contract. He’d cost double otherwise and City would never agree to sell him to us.

Brwned

Have you ever been in love before?
Only reason the fee is reasonable is that he’s got 1 year left on his contract. He’d cost double otherwise and City would never agree to sell him to us.
Ah, fair. The fee mostly makes sense then!

Tallis

Absolutely a steal in this market if the quoted fee is true (45-55m).

Less accomplished forwards are being floated and sold for more like the likes of Raphinha,Richarlison and Antony. He's a proven winner and G+A machine in the league and isn't near passed it yet or a crock/injury prone.

Really like the signing for them, him and Mane are likely to prove to be some of the best buys of the summer imo
Look at the bit about the deal making him “one of the best paid players”. Deal may not be as cheap as it seems at first instance

Cee90

Redcafe Fantasy Football Champion 2012/13
Chelsea have done well here I feel.

I would have taken him at United personally.

Orc

Supports
Chelsea
Look at the bit about the deal making him “one of the best paid players”. Deal may not be as cheap as it seems at first instance
Even the transfer fee of £45-55m isn’t “cheap.” It’s just much more reasonable than a English, PL proven player would ordinarily go for.

Ikon

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
I don’t think he was happy with his starts last season and his lesser profile in the team, so I assume he has asked to leave and they would rather let him go amicably after his service to the club.
It’s definitely cheap though, even with time left on his contract. He is an 80 million pound player for me.
Despite his dubious background of Liverpool & City, I'd still take him, definitely.
We are not in a position to tweak the nose to spite the face.... :rolleyes:

Vapor trail

Easily the deal of the summer. Sterling is a 100 million plus player. Very good deal for Chelsea.

Bosws87

Wouldn't go anywhere near him, yet to find many City fans who aren't glad he's leaving.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
Good deal.

I'd be surprised if Chelsea continue with their supposed interest in Ronaldo after this.
I think Ronaldo was the back-up option if this deal were to go somewhat south.

And for all the talk that United may have their eyes on a more varied attack, with the lack of a true out-and-out number 9, Chelsea may very well be thinking that too.

Lukaku was a disaster last year and, though Ronaldo will likely score more goals, team-play wise I can only see a marginal upturn.

Orc

Supports
Chelsea
Good deal.

I'd be surprised if Chelsea continue with their supposed interest in Ronaldo after this.
I think Ronaldo was the back-up option if this deal were to go somewhat south.

And for all the talk that United may have their eyes on a more varied attack, with the lack of a true out-and-out number 9, Chelsea may very well be thinking that too.

Lukaku was a disaster last year and, though Ronaldo will likely score more goals, team-play wise I can only see a marginal upturn.
I think we will still be targeting another attacking player so Sterling signing doesn’t necessarily mean we’re done shopping for forwards.

Dempsey19

Wouldn't go anywhere near him, yet to find many City fans who aren't glad he's leaving.
I am the same. I don't understand how it's a great deal for Chelsea. Sterling was always on the end of Man City walking the ball into the net.

Chelsea don't do that so I think he will be terrible for them.

I think City are the winners here.

Suedesi

It's a good deal by City, Sterling has never been world class. He's too erratic and not calm in front of goal. I don' care about 'stats' in a team like City they're meaningless. In the top games where it matters he's hardly delivered.

united_99

Takes pleasure in other people's pain
Not sure how much he still has to offer. Right now it actually looks a better deal for City than for Chelsea.

Rajiztar

Supports
Chelsea
I think we will still be targeting another attacking player so Sterling signing doesn’t necessarily mean we’re done shopping for forwards.
If we sign another winger then definitely look to move 4-3-3 as our main formation. Depends on opponents 3 back formation will be played. In game transition also possible with 5 subs we will be lot more unpredictable.

hellhunter

Eurofighter
Supports
Karlsruher SC
If we sign another winger then definitely look to move 4-3-3 as our main formation. Depends on opponents 3 back formation will be played. In game transition also possible with 5 subs we will be lot more unpredictable.
Do you even have enough CBs currently for a back three :D ?

NotoriousISSY

$10mil and I fecked it up!
It's a coup for Chelsea. Sure he's not world class, but he's had an incredible career all things considered and I'm not sure you can say City improved by taking him out of the team.

Of course that's also a reflection of how much they've spent and how many options they have.

I'm surprised Chelsea were the only club who were serious about him across Europe, though I'm sure his preference was London above all else.

adexkola

Doesn't understand sportswashing.
The CL is a glorified FA Cup set to music
Supports
orderly disembarking on planes
It's a good deal by City, Sterling has never been world class. He's too erratic and not calm in front of goal. I don' care about 'stats' in a team like City they're meaningless. In the top games where it matters he's hardly delivered.
This is false, he's been a major contributor towards City's 4 PL trophies with top performances and last minute winners.

Sterling was absolutely WC in 2017-18 and 2018-19.

CarbonStoolBites

One girl’s trash is another girl’s treasure, he would’ve been our best player, comfortably.
He runs funny, maybe that’s why they don’t like him.

Rolaholic

This is false, he's been a major contributor towards City's 4 PL trophies with top performances and last minute winners.

Sterling was absolutely WC in 2017-18 and 2018-19.
Yea he's been their most influential player in attack not named Aguero or KDB in recent years. He was their best winger by far up until the likes of Silva and Mahrez really took that next step for them this past season.

For the price it's gonna end up being one of the deals of the summer come the season in my eyes. Much better buy for them than Raphinha

Bosws87

One girl’s trash is another girl’s treasure, he would’ve been our best player, comfortably.
He runs funny, maybe that’s why they don’t like him.
If by we you mean United, no just no.

He would be god awful for us we ain't producing half the chances he wastes nevermind scores.

Rajiztar

Supports
Chelsea
Do you even have enough CBs currently for a back three :D ?
In numbers yes but quality big no. Silva chalobah,azpi then sarr and colwill for sub appearances. Christensen never a loss for us but rudiger big loss so minimum one defender we will get. Probably two.

Teja

Richarlison had a year on his deal and Spurs still paid 60M for him. Sterling's a much better player and he's going to a rival, so I'd have thought they'd demand a bigger fee.

Fair play to City too, if it was us, we would've offered him 350k p/w in wages and lost him on a free next year.

Easily one of the biggest transfers of the summer. Huge for Chelsea.
How will they line up? Straight swap in for Werner?

--------------- Havertz -------------
--- Sterling ------------ Mount --

Status
Not open for further replies.