Ralf Rangnick | Austria manager

arnoldS

Why are so many fans here so bitter towards Ralf? And all this "worst manager" nonsense. I mean he was interim and it was clear he will only stay 6 month so our pirimadonna squad didn't give a shit what he wanted them to do. He is doing a very good job with the national team now so apperently he is a good coach.
But yes he would be a disaster at Bayern. Him and muppets like Hoeness would be wild.

Acrobat7

Supports
Bayern Munich
Why are so many fans here so bitter towards Ralf? And all this "worst manager" nonsense. I mean he was interim and it was clear he will only stay 6 month so our pirimadonna squad didn't give a shit what he wanted them to do. He is doing a very good job with the national team now so apperently he is a good coach.
But yes he would be a disaster at Bayern. Him and muppets like Hoeness would be wild.
I don't know if you were including me, but since I've already posted in this thread: I'm not bitter since I'm a Bayern fan and therefore haven't had any first-hand experience with Rangnick. I'm strongly against the signing because in my opinion he's a colossal, power-hungry arsehole. He also personifies the Red Bull model for me.

Big Ben Foster

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Supports
Also support Vasco da Gama
Are posters still pining for this guy?
I don't think most posters here feel that strongly towards him, one way or the other. He really didn't do much during his brief tenure and his personality was quite boring and unmemorable, to be honest.

Except that Mitcher fella. He hates everything about Ralf with a fiery passion, and if given the chance would gladly raze Rangnick's hometown to the ground and salt the earth afterwards.

ThierryHenry14

Supports
Arsenal
Is he so far the only manager has his reputation rebuilt after his time with Utd? He has a 61.9 win percentage with Austria. Southgate has 61.3% with a much stronger team.
It is probably wise to stay clear of Bayern at this stage and also at his age, and stay with Austria.

stefan92

Supports
Hannover 96
Is he so far the only manager has his reputation rebuilt after his time with Utd? He has a 61.9 win percentage with Austria. Southgate has 61.3% with a much stronger team.

It is probably wise to stay clear of Bayern at this stage and also at his age, and stay with Austria.
In a way with Austria he is reaping the rewards of his own work now. Considering that he built the Red Bull Club network and established a clear philosophy and a conveyor belt for talent he now has lots of players for Austria who came through this network and learned it's philosophies etc. So taking the Austria job made a lot of sense and his little United adventure probably did nothing to influence this situation. But yes, it's impressive how it actually goes.

And I agree, it's wise to stay clear of Bayern. But I absolutely love how he quite publicly prepares to smugly snub them :lol:

FortunaUtd

Let's have a look at the rumoured candidates/favourites and what they did after they were first mentioned as candidates

Alonso? Confirmed to stay in Leverkusen
Hoeneß? Extented his contract in Stuttgart
Nagelsmann? Extented his contract with Germany
Tuchel? Confirmed that he will definitely leave, no matter what (yes that was seriously asked in a press conference)
Emery? Extented his contract with Villa
Zidane? Only "big name" so far about whom Bayern clearly claimed not to be a candidate.
Everybody is actively fleeing the Bayern job, it is hilarious.

People going on how they are a 'well run club', when in fact this is a complete clusterfeck.
If they hire Rangnick now :lol: :lol:

Wasn't there a Bayern fan on here who despised Rangnick?

stefan92

Supports
Hannover 96

People going on how they are a 'well run club', when it fact this is a complete clusterfeck.

One? I think there are many after several statements of his against Bayern over the years and Hoeneß obviously hates him anyways :lol:

B. Munich

Supports
Bayern Munich
I'm no fan of appointing Rangnick mainly for 2 reasons.
His counter/pressing style doesn't fit Bayern's possession football.
Second he wants total control over transfers. No Bayern manager every had this and that's how it should remain.

He would fit Borussia Dortmund much better, at least from the football he let pay.

didz

I don't think most posters here feel that strongly towards him, one way or the other. He really didn't do much during his brief tenure and his personality was quite boring and unmemorable, to be honest.

Except that Mitcher fella. He hates everything about Ralf with a fiery passion, and if given the chance would gladly raze Rangnick's hometown to the ground and salt the earth afterwards.
Mitcher sounds like a smart guy.

Halftrack

Surely if you did a poll of Ragnick vs Murtough for DoF, it would be close to 100% for Ragnick? Unless you believe otherwise?
The claim was that most wanted Rangnick to stay on, and I asked him to back up that claim, because I never got the impression that most wanted him to stay. Many wanted it, but many also wanted him booted the feck out for doing a terrible job and blaming everyone but himself.

strongwalker

Supports
FC Bayern München
Second he wants total control over transfers. No Bayern manager every had this and that's how it should remain.
This has been debunked in an sz article. He is "encouraged to participate in the teams rebuild" , but did explicitly not request a contract clause that would give him the decision-making authority on transfers.

https://www.sueddeutsche.de/sport/fc-bayern-rangnick-trainer-oesterreich-tuchel-1.6568919

"Dem Vernehmen nach haben Eberl und Freund exakt mit einem derartigen Versprechen bei Rangnick punkten können: Er darf und soll ausdrücklich Einfluss nehmen auf den an der Säbener Straße viel besungenen Umbruch der Mannschaft. Rangnick hat bei den Gesprächen offenbar den Eindruck erhalten, dass sich beim FC Bayern gremienübergreifend die Einsicht verfestigt habe, wonach der scheidende Trainer Tuchel durchaus recht hatte mit seiner sehr klaren Meinung. Tuchel findet seit Langem, dass es der Mannschaft guttäte, wenn die bestehenden Hierarchien gebrochen und neue Spieler hinzustoßen würden. Nicht korrekt ist nach SZ-Informationen allerdings, dass Rangnick - wie mancherorts zu lesen - eine vertraglich verankerte Entscheidungshoheit in allen Transferfragen gefordert haben soll. Aber die sportfachlichen Dinge bewegen, das will er schon!"

B. Munich

Supports
Bayern Munich
This has been debunked in an sz article. He is "encouraged to participate in the teams rebuild" , but did explicitly not request a contract clause that would give him the decision-making authority on transfers.
Another proof how bad journalism became lately. False statements are published just for click bait. You really can't believe anything anymore.

Pretty sure Rangnick hasn't said the other headline, which made the rounds yesterday, either.
"If Bayern Munich offer me a contract, then I will ask myself do I really want this job".

A ridiculous statement to make, if Rangnick is really interested in the position.

Acrobat7

Supports
Bayern Munich
Trying REEEEAAAAllly hard to put a positive spin on this... :(

stefan92

Supports
Hannover 96
The father of the gegenpress getting this much hate from multiple posters is mad.
It's not surprising. Over the years he promoted himself and his teams multiple times as the antithesis to Bayern (and got fitting responses from Bayerns "attack department" Uli Hoeneß). In that sense Bayern signing Rangnick could be seen as the death of classic Bayern style, mentality and philosophy, much more than most other potential new managers.

Zehner

Football Statistics Dork
Supports
Bayer 04 Leverkusen

People going on how they are a 'well run club', when in fact this is a complete clusterfeck.

Hansi Fick I believe but he has somehow vanished. Must be devastated right now :lol:

B. Munich

Supports
Bayern Munich
Hansi Fick I believe but he has somehow vanished. Must be devastated right now :lol:
Didn't Flick speculate on the Barcelona job? If so he must be disappointed to learn Xavi made an u-turn and decided to start as Barcelona manager.

stefan92

Supports
Hannover 96
Didn't Flick speculate on the Barcelona job? If so he must be disappointed to learn Xavi made an u-turn and decided to start as Barcelona manager.
Zehner was talking about the user "Hansi Fick" on this forum, not about Hansi Flick. But that user account apparently doesn't exist anymore

strongwalker

Supports
FC Bayern München
Trying REEEEAAAAllly hard to put a positive spin on this... :(
It's not surprising. Over the years he promoted himself and his teams multiple times as the antithesis to Bayern (and got fitting responses from Bayerns "attack department" Uli Hoeneß). In that sense Bayern signing Rangnick could be seen as the death of classic Bayern style, mentality and philosophy, much more than most other potential new managers.
I'm undecided; He wasn't super successful at a struggling United thats for sure, but i hesitate to compare the situation - yet ;) He seems to have the balls (or at least the hybris) to think he can survive the current Bayern atmosphere, that is an important feat. He may be bright enough to adapt his idea of football to the clubs DNA and the players at hand - we'll see about that. He negotiated his input about certain adjustments to the squad - also a good thing, because currently i fail to see the improvement from hiring Sarr, Roca or Nianzou under Brazzo to hiring Boey and Saragoza while sending Stanisic away and selling Pavard....
He might be less of a super micro manager of every player, like Tuchel or Nagelsmann seemed to be, which might be what the team needs just now.

strongwalker

Supports
FC Bayern München
Another proof how bad journalism became lately. False statements are published just for click bait. You really can't believe anything anymore.

Pretty sure Rangnick hasn't said the other headline, which made the rounds yesterday, either.
"If Bayern Munich offer me a contract, then I will ask myself do I really want this job".
This comes from an exclusive Interview with "90minuten.at" Ralf Rangnick bestätigt: "Der FC Bayern hat mich kontaktiert" [Exklusiv] (90minuten.at)

They describe meeting him in a hotel lobby and even have a photo to prove it happened :D

About the "Ente" of him requesting absolute control over transfers, we have the internet news in a state where one original article gets shortened and re-distributed numerous times by a gazillion klickbait news portals, true.
But we know that right? it is possible for everyone to do the legwork to find the origin and see what was written there, who was given as source of the news, and what caveats were added. Sports news quite often comes from secondary sources; using those is in the judgement of the journalist; a diligent one will say it is hearsay and will also rate the credibility.

B. Munich

Supports
Bayern Munich
This comes from an exclusive Interview with "90minuten.at"
Such an answer would end most job interviews on the spot. You can't tell your potential future employer you will have to think about first whether you actually want the job at all, if offered.
You expect better from a seasoned manager like Rangnick, if he indeed is interested in the Bayern job.

Zehner was talking about the user "Hansi Fick" on this forum, not about Hansi Flick. But that user account apparently doesn't exist anymore
My bad then. Nevertheless, the real Hansi Flick will have to reconsider guys options after his preferred job isn't available anymore.

I prefer Flick despite his shortcomings over Rangnick, who is a good coach but not a good fit for Bayern. He would be a much better fit to Dortmund's or Liverpool playing style.
Liverpool hiring Rangnick would actually guarantee a lot of fun here.

strongwalker

Supports
FC Bayern München
Such an answer would end most job interviews on the spot. You can't tell your potential future employer you will have to think about first whether you actually want the job at all, if offered.
You expect better from a seasoned manager like Rangnick, if he indeed is interested in the Bayern job.
He didn't send his Resumée or got sent there by the job agency. Bayern approached *him*, if i understood correctly not even with a concrete offer, more a question like "if we would ask you to coach for us, would you be interested?" and he already has a job. Think thats a legit answer in that situation

stefan92

Supports
Hannover 96
He didn't send his Resumée or got sent there by the job agency. Bayern approached *him*, if i understood correctly not even with a concrete offer, more a question like "if we would ask you to coach for us, would you be interested?" and he already has a job. Think thats a legit answer in that situation
Yes, all his statement really means is that it likely depends on the kind of offer Bayern actually create. Probably he has some things he wants to definitely see to leave his current job and wants to see those written down before committing to anything. Nothing wrong with that.

Or the alternative (which I hope to be true): He is just taking the piss and has fun embarrassing Bayern in public by snubbing them in a very public way.

mvpkennedy

Maybe some interesting information about the relationship between Ronaldo & Rangnick:

Marcel Reif, a legendary german (former) commentator, just gave out some interesting bits about Rangnicks time here at United. He´s not some kind of attention seeking bullshit journalist, he is a credible trustworthy person.

The interviewer confronts Reif with the quotes from Ronaldo about Rangnick (him not being a coach etc).

Interviewer: "...Ronaldo saying he is not a real coach is...kind of arrogant, right?"
Reif: "I know too much about that situation, cause i was told privately [by Rangnick] about it, so i won´t say anything about it. What happenend there, especially coming from Ronaldo towards Rangnick [in the dressing room], that´s the reason they are where they are now. Chaos...and always underachieving. [...]"
Interviewer: "But that may have helped him for his apparent Bayern job. The experience to handle someone like Cristiano Ronaldo"
Reif: "I think...with Bayern a lot can happen [chaos in dressing room], but what Ronaldo did [with Rangnick]...let me say it like that: He apparently told Rangnick: I will tell you how we two will handle this. I will tell you how often i will play. My suggestion: I will play 4 out of 5 games! Okay? You understand? You can decide which game i won´t play, but i won´t sit on the bench [for that game], i will be at home, training and watch it on tv. [End of apparent Ronaldo quote] So thats what he said. And thats no secret in the dressing room. [...]"

Just wanted to share that information with you guys. Again, he is a credible source and he had private contact with Rangnick and is not known for spitting out false information.

https://www.youtube.com/live/AT3ADKP7-Ho?si=Gh566FJ10paePNOG

frostbite

I don't believe that Bayern will hire Rangnick. While with us, he looked like a League One coach, semi-retired. Many posters even went as far as to claim he is not a manager at all, he is just a consultant. A part-time consultant.

If Bayern do hire Rangnick, they will sack him by Christmas!

Winrar

Apparently there's a petition going around of Bayern fans not wanting their board to hire Rangnick that's reached over 10000 signatures.