Ralf Rangnick | ex-interim manager | does anyone rate him?

Status
Not open for further replies.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
Anyone think he may stay on as manager if he does well rest of the season?. It just seems such a wird situation all this. I mean bring in a manager, known for a system and style of play, then by the time this philosophy starts getting instilled into the players, the manager is gone and we bring in anew manager with his own philosophy.

I dont know but it seems like one step forward and two steps back.
I seriously doubt it. He left Schalke at his prime because of stress. At his age and with his experience as head of sports he'd probably want to become United's sporting director.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Anyone think he may stay on as manager if he does well rest of the season?. It just seems such a wird situation all this. I mean bring in a manager, known for a system and style of play, then by the time this philosophy starts getting instilled into the players, the manager is gone and we bring in anew manager with his own philosophy.

The consensus among some journos is that he wants the job.

United isn't Schalke either where he quit due to burn out, but rather United is a huge club in a league where he's always wanted to coach.

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
Coaching isn’t just preparing for games and taking training, it involves a ton of travel and I can see why, Rangnick in his 60s might not want it even if his does well in the interim.

passtheball

As per reports, Rangnick will have a significant say in who the next manager is. His successor will have his own ideas but likely also agree fundamentally with an attacking, pressing game that Rangnick will implement in the coming six months. It is not as if we are going to appoint Simeone.

That's the hope anyway.

Last edited:

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
How can you have United logos in your DNA anyway. You'd be dead if that happens. United player boomers need to shut up and let whoever is in charge do their work.

AndySmith1990

Hopefully this is the start of a new United, a United where the words "United way" and "DNA" are never uttered within the walls of Old Trafford ever again, and instead where the focus is fully on a long term vision of building a team capable of domininating matches with beautiful football and winning trophies.

Real Name

Hopefully this is the start of a new United, a United where the words "United way" and "DNA" are never uttered within the walls of Old Trafford ever again, and instead where the focus is fully on a long term vision of building a team capable of domininating matches with beautiful football and winning trophies.
Well that is United way after all. :D

jamesjimmybyrondean

That's the United way

Adnan

Talent Spotter
His burn out at Schalke was attributed to a lack of sleep and a poor diet from what I've read online. It's reported he would munch on sweets after a long day.

And according to reports he isn't as hands on now as he was in his younger days and delegates duties. So I doubt burn out will be a factor in him taking the job. He's not getting any younger, so I can see him harbouring ambitions to have a genuine crack at the league and Champions league.

But it all depends on how the next 6 months go.

Anustart89

Has Evra been sleeping for the past three years? Hasn’t he seen where the ultimate show of DNA has taken us? Go suck on a raw chicken or something.

Mainoldo

SAF soldiers need to plug out of the matrix. This is not your club lads. Go own your own and implement everything Fergie taught you there.

SAF is so legendary he actually made the players believe they were all mini him.

Cloud7

I've noticed loads of past players seem to regularly ignore the quality of coach and always point to the players. Very weird.
I think it’s something to do with extremely gifted players not being able to fathom that everything doesn’t come as naturally to other players as it did to them.

Evra for example. Sure, he had a rocky start to his time here, but he had everything in his locker to become a monster of a player. All it took was time to put it together really. You could easily see Evra developing into a quality player wherever he ended up. Contrast that to someone like AWB for example, who you would say probably needs a quality coach and proper instructions to help him bring it all together if it ever is to happen.

Yakuza_devils

Rangnick should be interim manager to start the foundation of implementing modern progressive football. Then have a say to appoint a permanent manager (younger) to continue the style of play.

After that, we need him more for the consultant roles to modernize the club football structure. This is to ensure our football side have vision and planning for continuity at the club to identify world class manager, players, youth, medical, science and whatnot.

Let's leave the manager roles to someone younger and let Rangnick to focus on modernize the football structure which is already 8 years too late after SAF retired.

Dembeza

Any news on his coaching staff?

Just wondering if that has already been sorted or if we still have to wait for him to get his preferred assistants.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
So who else noticed he turned up holding the hands of a Brunette? she doesn't look much like his wife

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
He got divorced in 2018, so that was not his wife, no idea who she is.
Ah ok that makes sense then. I thought she looked pretty young for him so I thought go on Ralf! expecting it to be his wife when I googled it, I thought... uh oh that's not her :D

If they're divorced then fair play, hopefully he's teaching her the art of Gegenpressing.

sp_107

Anyone think Ralf was in contact with Fletcher over last few days and they both worked on game planning together

drmuji

What the feck is Evra on about now?

Don't get it. The feck does he want.
Evra is a very very honest person. He says what he thinks, sometimes without even thinking before speaking. And I believe that he feels that we are putting so many hopes on someone who is not premier league proven or has won many titles. It's not like we are hiring Pep, that we should be ecstatic

drmuji

Ah ok that makes sense then. I thought she looked pretty young for him so I thought go on Ralf! expecting it to be his wife when I googled it, I thought... uh oh that's not her :D

If they're divorced then fair play, hopefully he's teaching her the art of Gegenpressing.
:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Real Name

Evra is a very very honest person. He says what he thinks, sometimes without even thinking before speaking. And I believe that he feels that we are putting so many hopes on someone who is not premier league proven or has won many titles. It's not like we are hiring Pep, that we should be ecstatic
If I ever again hear 'PL proven' I'll go nuts.

KingCavani

“For me it is to minimise the coincidence factor and have control of the game.”

Basically stop relying on individual moments of brilliance bailing us out of games.

He’s certainly saying all the right things.

KingCavani

So who else noticed he turned up holding the hands of a Brunette? she doesn't look much like his wife
He should turn up to each press conference with a different girl each time. I think that would definitely win the respect of the players.

Status
Not open for further replies.