Ralf Rangnick | ex-interim manager | does anyone rate him?

Status
Not open for further replies.

fergiewherearethou

Supports
Erik ten Hag

Yes, how could Ralf miss this chance?? Ralf should have scored here. Sack him before his contract runs out.
It's not the first time it happened and it won't be the last. Players thinking only about their own records and neglecting the real aim. Was hoping Bruno would be more of a team player but not passing it there is a real let down.

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass

Yes, how could Ralf miss this chance?? Ralf should have scored here. Sack him before his contract runs out.
bruno may have just been offside for this chance. It is hard to tell in the replays.

Either way we should be passing more. City are able to pass the ball into the net, whereas we cannot.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
There goes top 4.

A 0-0 draw against an absolutely dreadful Watford side. I made a comment several pages back that maybe there isn’t enough finishing drills in training and this was laughed at by the Caf. We have scored 44 goals in 27 matches or 1.63 goals per match this season. Last year was 73 goals in 38 matches or 1.92 goals per match.

Total xG is calculated differently among sites, but it varies from 40 to 46 amongst different sites, and on average 1.53xg to 1.74xg…

Don’t look now, but we scored more goals under Ole last season, and we had a higher xG. Furthermore, under Ralf’s stewardship, we’ve scored at a rate of 1.41 goals per match, so this season’s goals per game were actually BETTER under Ole.

And we’ve had a run of easy fixtures against mid table and relegation level sides.

@VP89 and @bond19821982

Ralf Rangnick’s managerial statistics:
Matches: 17
W8 D8 L1 47.06%

Ole’s managerial statistics
Matches 168
W91 D37 L40 54.17%

Ralf is not suitable to manage this club, not in permanent nor interim roles. I hope he turns it around, I hope we can reach top 4, but right now it looks very bleak. We could come out of March with 0 points given the fixtures we have.
Why the feck are we bringing Ole- the most incompetent manager the club has ever seen - to this discussion?

Yes, results hasn't been good but it's not like we have been crap through out. We deserved to win in a good number of matches. Ronaldo is stinking up the place and Cavani isn't playing at all. If only we had a finisher who can finish.

If you don't see any improvements from Ole, football is probably not your cup of tea. Try some other sports.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
Ole had a 54% win ratio over 3 years.

Ralf has only 47% over 3 months. 3 months where our fixtures have been incredibly kind too I might add.

Who knew appointing Locomotive Moscow Sporting Director as our head coach would turn out to not be a great decision? Me. That's who.

edgecutter

Ralf has only 47% over 3 months. 3 months where our fixtures have been incredibly kind too I might add.

Who knew appointing Locomotive Moscow Sporting Director as our head coach would turn out to not be a great decision? Me. That's who.
I take it you haven't been watching the season as a whole?

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID

Ralf has only 47% over 3 months. 3 months where out fixtures have been incredibly kind too I might add.

As I said above, you're comparing three years that included bountiful time and money to craft the team versus three months with absolutely none of those advantages. It isn't like for like. You can't expect Rangnick to come in and immediately be better than the combined total of all Ole's work with all those advantages.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
As I said above, you're comparing three years that included bountiful time and money to craft the team versus three months with absolutely none of those advantages. It isn't like for like.
Just wait until a month from now and let's see you saying the same thing.

Ole came in and won 9 of his first 10 games as caretaker without spending a penny. So what's Ralf's excuse?

Giggsyking

Wow, comparing 3 years to 3 months and 400m spent vs 0m. Well done, you reached logic level 100.

Fluctuation0161

We are looking more competent. More like we have a plan. Like the players are actually coached.

The problem today was piss poor finishing. Ronaldo is becoming a problem, undroppable, uninspiring.

MinGin

Not send a whole bunch of players out on loan when you're fully aware that Cavani is injury prone and Rashford is out of form?

Try something different? Bruno false 9? Rashford through the middle which was a success the previous time we had an interim? Anything else that doesn't require a guy who has played one goal in 2022 playing more or less 90 mins up top in every game?

The guy is supposed to be a footballing mastermind. He's being paid a hefty sum to figure it out. Reality is that he has no clue. We had a golden opportunity to get top 4 with the fixtures we've had in his 2.5 months. We bottled it. He's somehow sitting on a dreadful 47.5 % win percentage. And this is before our tough fixtures have even begun.
Do the Board, Media, Fans and Ronaldo himself allow the manager put Ronaldo (a 500k+ per week player) siting in the bench and see Burno play a false nine? His influence is bigger than RR in dressing room (Spanish / Portuguese Group).

Also, if he play Burno as a false 9, who will be selected as our three midfield every game?

From some news in the transfer window was said that he need to loan out the players if he want to buy someone. If this is true, the board faked him up.

Also, Greenwood arrested after Martial loaned out which is out of expectation of RR and it is a big cost.

I don't think RR cannot alert those problems, but who knows what is the conversation between the board (especially Woodward incharge) and him.

BlueHaze

We are looking more competent. More like we have a plan. Like the players are actually coached.

The problem today was piss poor finishing. Ronaldo is becoming a problem, undroppable, uninspiring.
And yet it has taken us nowhere except straight towards 5th or 6th. What difference does it make if looking more "competent" when the man in charge is not going to be the next manager anyway? We have dropped an absurd amount of points since he came in which was the easiest run of fixtures we had for the season. Quite impressive for a competent team aye?

el3mel

What does Ole have to do with this ? He was a godawful coach and a shit manager. Get over it already.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID

Ole came in and won 9 of his first 10 games as caretaker without spending a penny. So what's Ralf's excuse?
Entirely different circumstances and approaches?

In Ralf's cases he's trying to re-align the way we play to bring it closer to that of most top sides and the way whoever our permanent manager is will inevitably want us to play. That never happened under Ole.

Whether we should be trying to do that with an interim manager mid-season is a valid point but the basis for Ole and Ralf's appointments were clearly very different. The only reason to hire Ralph as interim in the first place is if you want that shift in style to happen, so that forms part of your expectations for and assesment of the appointment as opposed to just results.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
:lol:

Opposition, confidence, new system learning curve.. feck all that, I guess.
Excuses then basically. Tuchel didn't take long last season did he to achieve all that.

We appointed someone who hasn't coached a team in nearly 10 years. It's going to cost us CL football and it's just what we deserve.

I'm not even angry anymore. This club is doomed until there's a major shift in the ownership / board.

Marcus

Ole won 9 of his first 10 games. Why can't Ralf do that if he's this amazing coach?
Ole did a Wenger (George Graham before him). Benefited from having a disciplinarian coach (Mou) preceding him. So he just released the shackles. But after a while you realise you need to coach as well because the discipline of the previous regime starts to fade.

lex talionis

The failure to slot in proper finish did us in today. Unless Ralf has de-emphasized finishing in training he can’t blamed for what we saw today.

DSG

Of course it's an unrealistic expectation. Ole should have better stats than Rangnick over the full course of their respective United careers. It's not even a question of their performances, it's a question of sample sizes.

You're comparing a tiny sample of Rangnick games that occurred exclusively in circumstances where his impact is expressly limited (i.e. no pre-seasons, no signings, little time to implement a style of play) versus a much larger sample size of Solskjaer games where he had all the benefits of multiple pre-seasons, millions spent molding the team to his requirements and years to get the team playing as he wanted.

Solskjaer isn't a particularly good manager but he isn't so bad that handing him all those massive advantages isn't going to see him fare better statistically than a Rangnick who has had absolutely none of them.
It’s a really slippery slope you are on. If your theory is that Ole was a shitty coach, then the results would be bad, and worse than the following manager. A *good* coach would improve the team, no?

Now, many are saying that the squad is shite, and the lack of results and poor performances are the player’s fault, not Ralf’s. Do you see the logical conundrum? If the players are awful, then is it not possible that Ole was actually a decent coach because our *good* coach has also failed to get a tune out of them?

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
What does Ole have to do with this ? He was a godawful coach and a shit manager. Get over it already.
Finishing 2nd and 3rd in the best league in the world doesn't mean you're awful.

Pep or Klopp is going to finish 2nd in 10 weeks time. Tuchel won't even be top 2.

I'm not saying Ole was ever going to win us the league as I don't think he was but he's not given enough respect for what he did.

GMoore23

Ole is a better manager than Rangnick who imo is extremely overrated. It was the signing of Ronaldo coupled with Maguire and Shaws huge drop off post Euro's which totally derailed this season and ultimately led to Ole's sacking. Ole's biggest failure was not having the balls to drop them.

flappyjay

Finishing 2nd and 3rd in the best league in the world doesn't mean you're awful.

Pep or Klopp is going to finish 2nd in 10 weeks time. Tuchel won't even be top 2.

I'm not saying Ole was ever going to win us the league as I don't think he was but he's not given enough respect for what he did.
It's crazy how his achievements aren't taken seriously. Didn't win us any trophies but is our best league manager post Sir Alex.

el3mel

I thought Ole apologists have already moved on. Turns out they really didn't. They'll spend the rest of their lives trying to convince us finishing top 4 without a single title challenge or a trophy while splashing 400m was a success.

Hopeless.

Judas

Open to offers

Ole was coming in and breathing happiness and relief into a toxic miserable squad after Jose. A hell of a lot easier. Plus he seemed to basically just say go play, while Ralf is trying to implement something different. Pretty obvious.

Red Dreams

Across the Universe....from Old Trafford.
You would hope they have now learnt a lesson and will not go down the end of their career signing road again.
If we are run as football club, what you say would be true.

Ronaldo was signed for his Social media strength.

EDIT:

Also as for the new manager, lets remember it is a two street.
Its not the board deciding who they want.
The manager also needs to believe he can work with people who know what they are doing.

Klopp decided not to work with these bunch of clowns.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
Ole is a better manager than Rangnick who imo is extremely overrated. It was the signing of Ronaldo coupled with Maguire and Shaws huge drop off post Euro's which totally derailed this season and ultimately led to Ole's sacking. Ole's biggest failure was not having the balls to drop them.
That cheered me up, thanks :lol:

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
I thought Ole apologists have already moved on. Turns out they really didn't. They'll spend the rest of their lives trying to convince us finishing top 4 without a single title challenge or a trophy while splashing 400m was a success.

Hopeless.
I enjoyed the first two and half years under Ole more than what I'm watching right now.

I enjoyed Ole more than LVG and Jose too until the wheels came off this season.

Bringing Ronaldo back has proven to be a really stupid decision by all. We looked better without him.

Rockets Redglare

Excuses then basically. Tuchel didn't take long last season did he to achieve all that.

We appointed someone who hasn't coached a team in nearly 10 years. It's going to cost us CL football and it's just what we deserve.

I'm not even angry anymore. This club is doomed until there's a major shift in the ownership / board.
You honestly think it’ll be Ralf’s fault if we don’t get top four? We’ve lost one league game under him and 5 in 12 under Solskjaer.

No it isn’t perfect but the improvements are there to see. We just have the most toothless attack out of the top teams in the league.

MinGin

Ole won 9 of his first 10 games. Why can't Ralf do that if he's this amazing coach?
RR: W7 D5 L1 / PPM 2.0 / Win Rate: 53%
Klopp first season in Premier League: W13 D9 L8 / PPM 1.6 / Win Rate: 43%
Conte this season: W8 D3 L4 / PPM 1.8 / Win Rate: 53
Why can't Klopp & Conte did that if he is this amazing coach?

If you have a slot of players who is not suitable in your tactic. Sell them and replace someone who can.
But RR has no time to do that because he is a interim and the board disdained buy anyone for him in latest window.

Last edited:

BusbyMalone

First Man Falling
I'm sure some take so much joy from us dropping points just so they can harp on about previous managers.

The **** of the manager on full display.

InspiRED

Supports
Outraged snowflakes
A few tips for the most distressed:

Soothing warm cup of cocoa/ warm milk
A bedtime story
An early night

Toys can be put back in the pram tomorrow when we all feel calmer.

DSG

Why the feck are we bringing Ole- the most incompetent manager the club has ever seen - to this discussion?

Yes, results hasn't been good but it's not like we have been crap through out. We deserved to win in a good number of matches. Ronaldo is stinking up the place and Cavani isn't playing at all. If only we had a finisher who can finish.

If you don't see any improvements from Ole, football is probably not your cup of tea. Try some other sports.
So now I’ve used xG and GF as stats to back up my position that Ralf isn’t a great coach, or at least hasn’t been for us and is actually worse than Ole, and now it’s “the eye test” and “our performances have improved…” Really? We were dreadful vs Atletico and managed to draw 0-0 against maybe the worst or 2nd worst side in the league at home.

I don’t see it mate. Your hatred of Ole is clouding your judgement of Ralf. Both can be not good enough. That’s been my point all along.

UnReal

One thing I know for sure: with such good chances we should score minimum 1 goal and get 3 points.

el3mel

I enjoyed the first two and half years under Ole more than what I'm watching right now.

I enjoyed Ole more than LVG and Jose too until the wheels came off this season.

Bringing Ronaldo back has proven to be a really stupid decision by all. We looked better without him.
Good luck for you then. Unfortunately the guy is gone and will never be back because all facts and number proved he miserably failed and was sacked for his failure, no matter how much we talk about it on an internet website.

So you can roll up the YouTube and rewatch Ole's United as much as you want because it'll never be back, for the good of the club.

Status
Not open for further replies.