Ralf Rangnick | ex-interim manager | does anyone rate him?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xaviboy

What system you lot think he will set up?

Think Martial, Pogba and couple of others are going to buckle under him as sounds like he relies on alot if work rate of the ball.

Lingard getting bit of hope maybe to starting games more?

KingCavani

Where have you heard that he prefers ETH? Interesting.
It's just what he wants. Nonsense.

There is absolutely no reason to think he'd oppose Pochettino or prefer ten Hag. They both play a high press and look for quick transitions.

RUCK4444

He's been out of management for two years so doubt they'll be available as they're likely tied up in other positions. His video analyst is an adviser at Rangnick's current club Lokomotiv.

My guess is we'll stick with what we've got for the time being and Rangnick having a more hands-on role will help offset the coaching issue.
Yes on this, he will need to book one of the conference rooms to give Carrick and the lads a crash course won't he? :lol: They are relative novices in the game and his style is alien to how we've played under these coaches in their time here isn't it.

If they can use the rest of this season to coach this style into the squad and hand over to Ten Hag I will (for the first time in a LONG time) give the club some real credit for how they are managing things.

Shark

@NotShark
Excellent news! It's got to be Ten Hag in the summer then. Probably an agreement already in place.

glazed

Eats diamonds to beat thermodynamics
Good read

https://theathletic.com/2976458/202...erman-coaching-manager-of-manchester-united/#

Success with Ulm, who won promotion for a second year running and went up to the Bundesliga, delivered his first big job: head coach at VfB Stuttgart in 1999. But he immediately came up against a problem that would follow him around at other top-level engagements. The same people who hired him to bring in change lost their nerve when said changes threatened the existing order. Rangnick’s reformist zeal lost traction amid the complex power structure of a club that’s never quite happy at the best of times. He didn’t enjoy VfB’s full backing when he suspended Krassimir Balakov, an old-school playmaker who didn’t fancy all that running. A few months later, Rangnick got sacked.

izec

We were tracking him for a while, even before Ole. Great to see. The right next step and we buy some time for the summer planning. Also happy he stays on and modernises the club a bit

the_cliff

Think Martial, Pogba and couple of others are going to buckle under him as sounds like he relies on alot if work rate of the ball.

It's a bit of an odd one as Martial with work rate is probably the perfect CF for a Rangnick, hopefully Ralf will coach it into him because Martial has all the ability and potential to be a starting CF.

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
The best thing about this is that we'll get a highly knowledgeable and opinionated person working with everyone, players, staff etc. It will be interesting to see what his views are of certain players and coaches come summer, which is exactly what we need.

I hope he can implement his style fairly quickly as I'm excited to see this team having to work hard for once. It will be a sight for sore eyes.

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
Potentially the best news about United for a good decade. An appointment like this feels very ambitious and a real recognition that wider change is also needed to take us back to the top.

It could all go to pot, it could disappointment, but an appointment like this really allows you to dream.

waza7111

I'm happy as long as we keep ex United players and people (apart from SAF) far away from the club.

They know nothing and we need to move away from 'The United Way'.

Rajma

Hopefully or it'll be complete pointless.
Not really as he should be running training himself, and he will probably delegate clear instructions to Carrick and the rest into how sessions will need to be set up. In the summer they’ll likely be replaced by the incoming permanent manager.

KingCavani

With any luck they'll be out in January. Sick to death of them and Mourinho had them pegged for what they are in 2018.

I imagine Rashford and Greenwood are seriously going to have buckle down and put in the work to get playing regularly. He'll allow for Ronaldo and he'll love Sancho and Cavani so those two better get on their bikes.

I think Fred is going to look a different player under him.

RedDevilRoshi

The interim position is whatever but the two year consultancy is a good sign.
I wasn’t expecting that at all which makes this even more sweeter that we will have an actual footballing head at board level.

Hopefully now a good end to the season and then Rafael starts sorting out the footballing structure at this club and makes some much needed-changes in that area.

dove

One hell of a hipster. I feel somebody will be really unhappy :lol:

Rex Banner

Very sensible appointment. Surprised at how quick it seems to have been sorted. No more dawdling about. Excited to see what the next 6-7 months holds.

Don't necessarily agree that this means we're definitely going for Ten Hag in the summer. Wouldn't this also work with how Pochettino likes to set up? But does seems like those two are the most likely. At least it looks like there'll be some semblance of continuity between the two. Unlike how we went from Van Gaal to Mourinho.

Think people are kidding themselves if they think this means the entire backroom staff are gone. He's only here until the end of the season. Maybe he'll bring one or two in but there won't be any wholesale changes until the permanent manager is sorted.

Reactions: Cheimoon

Sviken

That's brilliant news. He stays on for two seasons with ten Hag being our manager cum summer. (Hopefully)

This could bloody work.
Two seasons? The goal is Ragnick interim now then Ten Hag this summer. There's no point in having a 2 years interim.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
why hire a guy who is almost retired? sounds like a van gaal situation
Because that particular guy is a good coach that prefers to be a DOF/Football executive, he did the same thing for Leipzig. By bringing him, you fix two issues, in the short term you have someone taking care of the first team and in the mid to long term you added an executive that knows how to build the football side of a club from top to bottom.

Forevergiggs1

Supports
United
Damn, this summer could get rough for you. It sounds like he's favourite for the job at the moment.
Poch and ETH are probably the 2 best (semi?) available managers out there. We get either one I'll be ecstatic. To dismiss Poch right off the bat seems crazy to me.

Ronaldo's Love Child

Promising news.

We can finally start assessing whether our players are shit or if it was only our tactics making them shit.

Nowhere to hide now!

Relevated

fixated with venom and phalluses
He told the board that he will be more than happy to accept the job if they show transparency and an understanding to his way of working. He also didnt want to be here for a temporary position, and really wanted to develop the club to get it back to where it was. He decided that to do this he would be best suited in a 'consultancy' type role, as opposed to permanent manager.

KingCavani

why hire a guy who is almost retired? sounds like a van gaal situation
I hated his tenure more than any of the post-Fergie coaches but Van Gaal would have unironically been a good appointment in this scenario.

Nothing long term - It's about laying the foundations for the next manager. Rangnick is perfect for that.

Relevated

fixated with venom and phalluses
He told the board that he will be more than happy to accept the job if they show transparency and an understanding to his way of working. He also didnt want to be here for a temporary position, and really wanted to develop the club to get it back to where it was. He decided that to do this he would be best suited in a 'consultancy' type role, as opposed to permanent manager.
Dont ask me how I know because I just stated the obvious shit that happened, just like Romano sometimes does.

KingCavani

Also I'd not be shocked in the slightest if he ends up getting an extension.

Status
Not open for further replies.