Ralf Rangnick | ex-interim manager | does anyone rate him?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
The interim position is whatever but the two year consultancy is a good sign.

groovyalbert

it's a mute point
The ultimate question - has an interim manager ever been fired during their interim spell?

stefan92

Supports
Hannover 96
Hence, the news he'll be staying on for 2 years further, in a role I assume will have a massive say on which players come in and out of the club.
And surely also managers. Guess he will have a shortlist who should succeed him as a permanent manager. Poch and ten hag might be on it, but who knows...

Varun

Staff
Rangnick now, Ten Hag end of season - I'll have a celebratory wank!

KingCavani

Wow.

Definitely the best choices of the interims - Can't wait to see what he'll bring to the setup. Like the long term involvement but I do wonder how significant that consultancy role will be.

I was hoping to get the long term guy but this should make the transition to a more coherent progressive play style smoother and shouldn't require a hard reset when the permanent guy comes in. Either Poch or ten Hag could comfortably build on the foundations he'll set so it's great first step.

We're a serious club again lads.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Best choice by far. This season is a write off.

Gives us much more options in the long term. We ain't getting Poch till Jan or Ten Hag till June.

Also Nagelsmann could be an option. Who knows if he last the full season with Bayern.
With Ragnick now in, this season is definitely not a write off anymore! Push for top 4 and go for the cups.

NewYorkRed

I’ll be honest, I had no clue who he was before these rumours started. However, reading up on him, he does at least seem like someone who will attempt to take us out of the dark ages. I don’t expect miracles, but I do hope for improvement. At least this shows the board are heading in the right direction.

Interval

Level
It is actually what he announced he wants to do now a few months ago: consulting clubs how to build a strategy and overall structure to become successful.

And that might be something he is even more influential in than just being the head coach.

He brought Hoffenheim from lower leagues on track to the CL.
Same for Leipzig / overall for Red Bull clubs.
I’m sure there will be non compete

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
Very promising but I hope Carrick Phelan and McKenna are out of the door soon as he comes.

Does he have his backroom staff is the big question
He's been out of management for two years so doubt they'll be available as they're likely tied up in other positions. His video analyst is an adviser at Rangnick's current club Lokomotiv.

My guess is we'll stick with what we've got for the time being and Rangnick having a more hands-on role will help offset the coaching issue.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
Best thing is , we won't feck up next appointment since he is going to have a huge say and the list won't just stop with ETH or Poch.

Hassenhuttl could very well be in the mix for summer.

saivet

Another benefit of Rangnick is that his end goal is the consultancy role whereas managers like Favre or Valverde would be hoping for the job full time. We're at least in a position whereby we'll 100% appoint a permanent manager in the summer.

MichaelRed

Can we ban Alex Crook as a source now? Stated we wouldn't sack Ole until Monday because we wouldn't be allowed to do it whilst the stock exchange was closed, then stated that Ragnick was absolutely off the list of possibilities for interim.

largelyworried

If he's not been first team coaching for a while I guess this means he wont have a coaching team ready to go? In which case we might see Carrick and McKenna kept on for a while. Phelan seemed to be an advisor to Ole (yeah) so I don't see him sticking around.

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
Can we ban Alex Crook as a source now? Stated we wouldn't sack Ole until Monday because we wouldn't be allowed to do it whilst the stock exchange was closed, then stated that Ragnick was absolutely off the list of possibilities for interim.
He’s already a good source. Talksport have been a good source for a while now.

Sviken

Ragnick and Ten Hag in the summer is the perfect case scenario. Especially if we get Overmars in one of those consulting roles. Get some experience up top. For the small amount of money this would cost, the Glazers would profit immensely once we're successful on the field.

stefan92

Supports
Hannover 96
Yep could make sense and maybe question marks over whether Ralf wants to move to England full-time for that long at 63.
As Rangnick has said he wants to become a club consultant this might well be true, that he is not after a permanent full time job.

But this setup also makes sure that he will not be seen as a lame duck manager either during his interim spell

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
He's been out of management for two years so doubt they'll be available as they're likely tied up in other positions. His video analyst is an adviser at Rangnick's current club Lokomotiv.

My guess is we'll stick with what we've got for the time being and Rangnick having a more hands-on role will help offset the coaching issue.
Yeah, Rangnick will have to evaluate the situation first. He is apparently supposed to be part of the furnitures and there is no point for him to get rid of potentially talented coaches because there is a chance that Carrick and McKenna simply didn't get the appropriate guidance.

KingCavani

This points more towards Ten Hag in the summer imo.

Much smoother transition from Ragnick's style to Ten Hag's.
It's genuinely not any more similar to ten Hag's than to Pochettino's. People are reading into that way too much. It says nothing about how the long term successor is.

nygaard

why hire a guy who is almost retired? sounds like a van gaal situation

Max_United

Very happy with that. Can always go either way, but hard to think of a better interim. And he really really deserved a stint at a top club.

Matt851

But what will this do to the "experts" here who were cursing the board and shouting about them not wanting to give him any power or influence beyond 6 months......what a rage spoiler!!!
Well the board have proven themselves to be quite useless on many occasions. This seems like a positive step but it's hardly clear how much influence he will have post his interim gig given he will only be a consultant

Status
Not open for further replies.