Ralf Rangnick's consultancy role has been scrapped

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
Totally different?

We're getting off topic here so this is all I'll say.

If I made a post saying Rangnick got a £15m pay-off (Which was the widely reported figure). But then later followed that up by posting an article that claims it was actually £14.7m shared between Rangnick and his staff (so Chris Armas and a shrink). Or something to that effect.

Yeah I'd think it was harsh and a bit unnecessary if someone called me a liar. That's just my opinion though mate, you do you.
Don't worry about it mate. That poster seems to have an issue with me, I tend to ignore them.

I've edited the original post.

afrocentricity

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Let it go people.... Fletcher has had more influence on where we are now, he get's no love. This guy was here a few months, had a fecking mare, and still has a following. Redcafe...

Crashoutcassius

Ralf will always be a legend for highlighting that rashford is championship level and that we should just give up on trying to win big matches, accept that we are a mid table team and devote our energy to complaining about our playing staff

stevoc

It was misleading and deliberately inaccurate due to agenda.

Not a fan of that. If you are then that’s cool. You do you!
The widely reported headline about Ralf's £15m payoff was misleading and inaccurate mate.

It's maybe a bit of a leap to assume someone posted that 'deliberately' or whatever but fair enough.

b82REZ

Yes by some margin as well. Ralf probably did more damage than even Moyes
No

Ralf Rangnick
Games: 21
Won: 9
Drawn: 9
Lost: 3

Goals for: 29
Goals against: 21
Clean sheets: 6

Points per game: 1.71
Win rate: 42.8%
Loss rate: 14.2%

Goals per game: 1.38
Goals against per game: 1.0

Ole Gunnar Solskjaer

Games: 17
Won: 7
Drawn: 3
Lost: 7

Goals for: 28
Goals against: 29
Clean sheets: 2

Points per game: 1.41
Win rate: 41.1%
Loss rate: 41.1%

Goals per game: 1.64
Goals against per game: 1.7
Both were shit, but let's not let personal feelings influence reality.

El Jefe

The apologists would always find excuses for this cnut. The most fraudulent of frauds in the history of this club.

I will never forget those that acted as if our success going forward hinged on him being at the club running ship on footballing decisions. This is the nonsense that he sold to the gullible, he came to the club to divide and conquer and it was obvious to anyone that wasn't blinded by their hatred for Ed and the Glazers.

Even funnier are the fans that were angry at ten Hag for not wanting to work with Ralf. Rangnick was as toxic as Mourinho, possibly even more. EtH has restored the good vibes as well as great squad unity, a far cry from the destroy and rebuild doctrine of wreck it Ralf.

He's honestly a stain on this club, but thankfully it only lasted six months.

Hernandez - BFA

The Way to Fly
I still think he was a massive asset to our team. He was the first to highlight the clear deficiency the former Cardiff manager left behind

100% this. He highlighted publicly the horrendous issues of our club. He may not have been a brilliant manager, but he set the public magnifying glass on the atrocious state of the club that spurred us on.

I will never hate the man. He was given no proper trans window and was given a shower of shite team with no confidence mid-season.

Dion

No

Where on earth did you get those stats from?

Rangnick lost 7 games, drew 7 games and won 10. (1.54ppg)

Solskjaer lost 5, drew 2 and won 5. (1.41ppg)

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
No

Ralf Rangnick
Games: 21
Won: 9
Drawn: 9
Lost: 3

:lol: 'let's not let personal feelings influence reality' says the guy pulling random numbers out of his arse. We finished the season with 5 straight away losses ffs.

phelans shorts

100% this. He highlighted publicly the horrendous issues of our club. He may not have been a brilliant manager, but he set the public magnifying glass on the atrocious state of the club that spurred us on.

I will never hate the man. He was given no proper trans window and was given a shower of shite team with no confidence mid-season.
This is bollocks. You can’t seriously believe a word of it. Austria needing a manager is the best thing that could have happened to us in the summer

Dion

This is bollocks. You can’t seriously believe a word of it. Austria needing a manager is the best thing that could have happened to us in the summer
To be fair, all his best work has been as a DoF. It's quite possible to think he was utterly unsuited to being Man Utd manager, let alone caretaker manager, while also being potentially a big asset in how we operate as a club off the pitch.

Member 101269

The apologists would always find excuses for this cnut. The most fraudulent of frauds in the history of this club.

I will never forget those that acted as if our success going forward hinged on him being at the club running ship on footballing decisions. This is the nonsense that he sold to the gullible, he came to the club to divide and conquer and it was obvious to anyone that wasn't blinded by their hatred for Ed and the Glazers.

Even funnier are the fans that were angry at ten Hag for not wanting to work with Ralf. Rangnick was as toxic as Mourinho, possibly even more. EtH has restored the good vibes as well as great squad unity, a far cry from the destroy and rebuild doctrine of wreck it Ralf.

He's honestly a stain on this club, but thankfully it only lasted six months.
The irony in calling Ragnick toxic while posting this and ignoring the broader club/squad issues. Well done.

R'hllor

:lol: There is no universe where anyone did more dmg to us than Ole, wasting fecking years, trucks full with money, left uncoached and unfit bunch, hell signing Ronaldo alone was enough.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
It doesn’t matter where the manager comes from, if they are capable. Ultimately ole wasn’t up to a long term job, even if he was a great interim.
Under Ole players power went off the roof and we spent silly money on shit/overrated players (bar Bruno). You would think that a guy whose only experience out of Norway was described as a car crash would never get the united's job. Unfortunately common sense wasn't our forte back when Mates FC was in vogue

In my opinion he is one of the worst managers I've ever seen managing a top club at par with Ventura with Italy. No wonder why he hasn't fount a managerial job yet.

Mmxxii

The appeal of Rangnick is that he "highlighted" issues but he's not some talk show host/newspaper columnist to be assessed by the quality of his opinions. He was hired to, in the short term, get Utd back into the top 4 and he failed woefully whilst presenting a toxic presence.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
Ole's football style was non existent, under him players power went off the roof and we spent silly money on shit/overrated players (bar Bruno). You would think that a guy whose only experience out of Norway was described as a car crash would never get the united's job. Unfortunately common sense wasn't our forte back when Mates FC was in vogue
I’m having a go at you for always saying “Cardiff manager” like it’s an insult. My point is it doesn’t matter what club they managed

Dion

The appeal of Rangnick is that he "highlighted" issues but he's not some talk show host/newspaper columnist to be assessed by the quality of his opinions. He was hired to, in the short term, get Utd back into the top 4 and he failed woefully whilst presenting a toxic presence.
He was hired to do two jobs, interim manager and de facto DoF. I think you need to be able to see the difference between the two. There's no doubt he was an awful caretaker (but that's on the club, he was never suited to that role, it was setting him up to fail).

devilish

I’m having a go at you for always saying “Cardiff manager” like it’s an insult. My point is it doesn’t matter what club they managed
It sort of does if his only two managerial experience out of Norway (one of which at Cardiff) were nothing short of disastrous.

Dion

It sort of does if his only two managerial experience out of Norway (one of which at Cardiff) were nothing short of disastrous.
A 3rd and 2nd place finish in the league isn't disastrous, Solskjaer's tenure at United ended poorly and he probably wasn't the one to take us to the next level but it's a flat out misuse of the English language to call it disastrous.

El Jefe

The irony in calling Rangnick toxic while posting this and ignoring the broader club/squad issues. Well done.
He was an interim manager, the broader club and squad issues mean nothing. His job was to come in and steady the ship until the end of the season. What he did was the exact opposite. He came in and pretty much abandoned his actual job and started playing self appointed Director of Football.

He absolutely was toxic here and has a history of it too. Even the great Paolo Maldini doesn't think much of him.

golden_blunder

Staff
You’re missing my point, the club is irrelevant. The way the manager performs is relevant.

United were ok to get him as interim, we just needed someone to unshackle Jose’s nonsense. However with hindsight that’s all it should have been.

however I will say this. If we had to suffer for a time in order to be Erik time I will take it over again

Stadjer

What damage did he do exactly? He didnt waste any money. Ralf didnt get CL football but Ole wasnt getting that either so no damage done there. All Ralf did was implying that some players were shit and that the club wasnt well run.

Ralf didnt do well but he also didnt cause a lot of damage when compared to what Moyes and Ole caused.

Member 101269

He was an interim manager, the broader club and squad issues mean nothing. His job was to come in and steady the ship until the end of the season. What he did was the exact opposite. He came in and pretty much abandoned his actual job and started playing self appointed Director of Football.

He absolutely was toxic here and has a history of it too. Even the great Paolo Maldini doesn't think much of him.
What absolute nonsense.

devilish

A 3rd and 2nd place finish in the league isn't disastrous, Solskjaer's tenure at United ended poorly and he probably wasn't the one to take us to the next level but it's a flat out misuse of the English language to call it disastrous.
He won nothing and he spent 420m+ on players who were (apart from.Bruno) crap. Player power went off the roof and under him the club became comedy gold. I mean he fecks on holiday during a crisis when he'sbasicallyon borrowed time?

I guess we should thank him for making it impossible for the Glazers to retain us. I mean Arnold's were is the 1b investment on the pitch does scream of Ole. However I doubt that he did it on purpose

devilish

You’re missing my point, the club is irrelevant. The way the manager performs is relevant.

United were ok to get him as interim, we just needed someone to unshackle Jose’s nonsense. However with hindsight that’s all it should have been.

however I will say this. If we had to suffer for a time in order to be Erik time I will take it over again
Someone like ETH should have been hired immediately after Mou was gone. We went for a failed Cardiff manager and then a DOF as manager instead. God knows who takes football decisions at our club

golden_blunder

Staff
Someone like ETH should have been hired immediately after Mou was gone. We went for a failed Cardiff manager and then a DOF as manager instead. God knows who takes football decisions at our club
There you’re at it again, you don’t need to say “Cardiff manager” to make your point. They were a PL team at the time.

ETH wouldn’t have been ready for United at that time. It’s fate that he is where he is now. We’d have probably been stuck with someone else going nowhere for a few years

Dion

He won nothing and he spent 420m+ on players who were (apart from.Bruno) crap. Player power went off the roof and under him the club became comedy gold. I mean he fecks on holiday during a crisis when he'sbasicallyon borrowed time?

I guess we should thank him for making it impossible for the Glazers to retain us. I mean Arnold's were is the 1b investment on the pitch does scream of Ole. However I doubt that he did it on purpose
Every Man Utd manager spends a lot of money, the club spends a lot of money. He spent a net average of £90m per season which is what every other manager spends here. His spending in no way put the club in any danger that they weren't insistent on putting themselves in.

Besides, Varane crap? And writing Sancho off already? Those don't seem remotely reasonable opinions.

Player power went through the roof? The club became comedy gold? Compared to when, the Mourinho tenure? I suspect you need to revisit the popular opinion around the team when Sanchez signed.

And if we're going to blame a manager for going home for a couple of days in an attempt to clear his head while the majority of players are away on international duty and the rest are off resting then we're scraping the core of the planet 1802 miles below where the bottom of the barrel should have been.

Mmxxii

He was hired to do two jobs, interim manager and de facto DoF. I think you need to be able to see the difference between the two. There's no doubt he was an awful caretaker (but that's on the club, he was never suited to that role, it was setting him up to fail).
The DOF role was contingent on his interim manager role and it was inconceivable he will get it once he failed in the interim manager role and alienated a lot of the players.

I think some people like Rangnick because, like a politician, he said things they wanted to hear even though he acted and performed in ways that made he's continued stay at the club untenable.

devilish

There you’re at it again, you don’t need to say “Cardiff manager” to make your point. They were a PL team at the time.

ETH wouldn’t have been ready for United at that time. It’s fate that he is where he is now. We’d have probably been stuck with someone else going nowhere for a few years
I think it's evident that I am not laughing at Cardiff FC but more their former manager who proved to be hilariously out of depth there. Somehow he ended up our manager God really works in mysterious ways

Regarding the second comment that is why I said someone like ETH. Just because ETH wasn't ready that doesn't mean we go for some random guy whose only experience out of Norway was by tanking at Cardiff FC

Tiber

God he was awful. Obvious at the time and Ten Hag reinforces the point every eeek

El Jefe

What absolute nonsense.
Interim managers invariably come in to clubs in less than ideal circumstances. Their only remit for the most part is to steady the ship and focus on the next game only.

The problems off the pitch were of no concern to him in the interim role. Use the players we have to achieve the best you can. If our players can't press, don't moan about it, find a system that works for what you have. Moaning and throwing people under the bus is the exact opposite of what an interim manager should be doing.

BarryWinks

I'm more willing to cut Moyes some slack than this cnut. Never hated a united team as much as when this cnut was in charge, and it wasn't just performance on the pitch, it was the constant dropping of soundbites for journalists to use as ammunition against the club.

I hope he never wins a football game again, the self loving cnut.

Status
Not open for further replies.