Ralph Hasenhüttl

Judas

Open to offers
The better he does now while Ole underwhelms the more chance we have of hiring him, we need him to really become the talk of the league, flavour of the month, then Woody might take notice.

Cathy Ferguson

Ralph and our current squad would not mix well. He or any new coach would need time but Ralph has done a nice job with limited resources and losing Höjberg as well. Clearly a better coach and manager than anything that we have.

Deery

Dreary
Didn’t he take a second division side to the Bundesliga and now Southampton to the top of the league people need to stop sleeping on this guy.

saintquin

Supports
Southampton, Harlequins
Not being arrogant but he has already told that he wants to show the world what he can achieve and thats why he took the Southampton job. He has taken them as far as he can. A big job like this doesn't come very often and he would obviously look for a jump.
How do you know?
True it's a probability but, possibly not a fact!

OneUnited24

Whichever big club eventually takes the punt (probably Spurs or Chelsea) will be rewarded.

No chance we'd be looking at him though. Woodwards probably never heard of him.
:lol:...:(

How right you are. Personally i think he would be just what we need, the way Soton set up and are coached is by far the most impressive i've seen from a 'smaller' team. With a few managers (Ole included) its about the personal but with him its very much the system. I'd love to have him here but we'll go for Poch, who i've never been a huge fan of. Done wonders at Spurs but i wasnt ever really inspired by his football - at this stage i just want to enjoy and look forward to games again!

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Yea especially Pogba. He takes far too many touches and kills attacks. But the whole team was bad yesterday.
Pogba takes too many touches, Fernandes too few.

The crazy thing is our other midfielders fall to the extremes of the axis too; Matic is a dawdler, Fred zips them without care.

-Supreme-

If United came knocking he'd leave them within seconds. Just like Poch left to go to Spurs, no brainer.
Agree to an extent, however if we approach him after the New.Year with Southampton still near the top of the league then it wouldn't be as straight forward as it sounds. I personally don't think Ole will be sacked before Christmas as much as I want this to happen...

saintquin

Supports
Southampton, Harlequins
If United came knocking he'd leave them within seconds. Just like Poch left to go to Spurs, no brainer.
Poch told the club he would leave after an argument with the owners before Spurs offered him a job!

Godfather

When he finishes the season 12th is he still our next manager?
Of course. I don't give a shit where he ends up with them. He's shown at Leipzig and now at Soton what he can do. Great attacking football to watch with squad barely good enough to stay in the league.

Harry190

Bobby ten Hag
Even if that happened, I think he's proven that he can implement a top class pressing style coupled with excellent player movement. They've had quite a couple of games where they were playing some very exquisite football with not exactly the most technical squad in the league.
Don't think this type of workmanlike approach would work at United considering the players we have. They play stupid football at the back as well. Kudos to them however for grabbing so many points early.

Hansinity

Supports
Bayern Munich
That is why I am a huge fan of these pressing systems. you dont necessarily need top players to succeed. Klop implemented the system perfectly at Dortmund and it made so many players looking way better then they are, simply because the whole team attacks and defend together.

To me it is also the most " aetsthetic style" of football. Top teams can combine pressing with controlled possession football, like peak Barcelona and Bayern under Heynckes.

I really hoped that he would join Bayern back then after sacking Ancelotti. Bayern were also interested , but he said he didnt feel ready for such a huge club at that time.

Revaulx

I think Lingard could fit his style of play actually.

After Rose, I'd be equally interested in him as I would Nagelsmann. Not too keen on Poch.
James as well. He looks crap in Ole's freestyle attack, but I bet he wouldn't in a more regimented system. Let's not forget Bielsa was interested.

Godfather

Don't think this type of workmanlike approach would work at United considering the players we have. They play stupid football at the back as well. Kudos to them however for grabbing so many points early.
Do you know the guy? He can be scary. Soton players said they never ran as much as they have to under him. If one of our prima donnas came complaining they'd be sooner out the door than they could look.

LVGSdive

What a difference a year makes. I remember when they lost to Leicester 9-0 and he was a considered a clown.

JDoe

Supports
Bayern
He'd need to be able to have his players back his approach, like every other coach. That's what the renowned managers like Klopp or Pep have above the others. Messi would laugh in Setien's face if asked to press but if Pep did, I could imagine him actually doing it again.

Last edited:

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
Now you see how I rate him even above the likes of Nagelsmann :lol: . But seriously, Nagelsmann is obviously a very talented coach but I sometimes have the impression that he's tinkering with his teams a bit too much (not unlike Pep). Also helps that I absolutely love that kind of high octane football. I'd like to see Hasenhüttl coaching a top team and given time to implement his philosophy. Someone like Pogba would need to improve his work rate significantly for that kind of football though.
True that. Went through the comments on the first page now . Pure entertainment:lol:

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
James as well. He looks crap in Ole's freestyle attack, but I bet he wouldn't in a more regimented system. Let's not forget Bielsa was interested.
Yeah, quite possibly. In hindsight we should have let him go there on loan. I'd have no worries about Bruno, VdB, McTominay, or the forwards. I'm not sure Pogba, Fred, Matic, Mata, Lindelof or Maguire are that suitable to this kind of football.

In many ways it would be "easier", in the short-term, for the club to appoint Pochettino, but far less exciting, and probably less successful in the long run.

bond19821982

Yeah, quite possibly. In hindsight we should have let him go there on loan. I'd have no worries about Bruno, VdB, McTominay, or the forwards. I'm not sure Pogba, Fred, Matic, Mata, Lindelof or Maguire are that suitable to this kind of football.

In many ways it would be "easier", in the short-term, for the club to appoint Pochettino, but far less exciting, and probably less successful in the long run.
Matic and Maguire would be a misfit. Pogba if arsed would be a perfect fit. Fred would be a key player under RH.

Harry190

Bobby ten Hag
He'd need to be able to have his players back his approach, like every other coach. That's what the renowned managers like Klopp or Pep have above the others. Messi would laugh in Setien's face if asked to press but if Pep did, I could imagine him actually doing it again.
This is something many people here either don't want to acknowledge or don't understand.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
Matic and Maguire would be a misfit. Pogba if arsed would be a perfect fit. Fred would be a key player under RH.
If Pogba was hungry and motivated he'd fit any team in the world. I think Fred in terms of work rate would fit, but he's not quick enough on the ball, taking too many touches almost every time we play defensive teams and need higher tempo. Not sure if it's lack of technical ability or a confidence thing.

bond19821982

If Pogba was hungry and motivated he'd fit any team in the world. I think Fred in terms of work rate would fit, but he's not quick enough on the ball, taking too many touches almost every time we play defensive teams and need higher tempo. Not sure if it's lack of technical ability or a confidence thing.
Well if Romeu,JWP,Armstrong, Djenepo can do, Fred should and must do it.

broccoli

Supports
FCPorto
What a difference a year makes. I remember when they lost to Leicester 9-0 and he was a considered a clown.
When i got laughed off in here for saying his Leipzig side played better football than current one. He's a great and progressive manager. Surely prone to some hiccups but it wouldn't be as exciting without them!

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
If he's as interest a modern coach as this thread suggests, it's safe to say that he doesn't suit the direction the club has been headed in (towards the stone ages if anyone was confused).

NYAS

Best thing about him too is that compared to the other managers in Germany, he’s been in the PL and is “proven in England”, which would silence the Brexit brigade on here if they ever think of bringing that point up.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
I know absolutely nothing about the manager but players I never rated are playing like absolute beasts right now.

Big hard shots, quick intricate passing, great dribbling - the manager has definitely done something for the players.

neilv93

True that. Went through the comments on the first page now . Pure entertainment:lol:
Just had a quick read myself, thoroughly enjoyable. Love the whole "tHiS cOmMeNt AgEd WeLl" brigade after the 9-0 - it's almost as if one freak result doesn't quantify a manager's ability?

Bebestation

Can someone help me?

Do they play 4222 like shown on this vid or has it changed?

NYAS

Also I remember seeing a graphic on here during the restart that showed Southampton were statistically the best pressing team in the top 5 leagues after Bayern.

hungrywing

The fact he's got them top of the league and playing great football kind of kills any possible argument there is for what we're witnessing here. Woodward should be taking notice.
I like your thinking; he should help Southampton's owners execute a leveraged buyout.

Bebestation

I've got to say you got to be impressed with Southampton. They know how to pick a manager from their position and they have had some fantastic development of young players over the years aswell.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Agreed..

His goal was always to coach at the highest level and at United he would get that opportunity. He would jump at the chance to join United IMO and the earlier he comes, the quicker he assesses the problems in the squad which would give himself a advantage.