Film Rambo: Last blood

SATA

Not seen a thread of this so any fans of Rambo? Who watched the latest one already? Read many mixed reviews so far but one thing in common is that this particular one has many gory scenes. Thoughts?

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
I saw the last one while visiting a friend in Tampa, the whole theatre felt like a congregation for juiced up roid freaks.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
"Mixed reviews" is rather generous. It has been trashed by both critics and the actual creator of Rambo, who said he felt like less of a human being as a result of watching it.

SATA

Guess i will have to go see it for myself soon. Really looking forward to this even though it hasn’t been generally well received apparently. Loved the previous instalments of Rambo

DixieDean

Everton Fan
Supports
Everton
What a shame that this is getting terrible reviews. I love First Blood.

Garethw

scored 25-30 goals a season as a right footed RW
What's the plotline this time?
Rambo’s niece gets kidnapped and sold into sex slavery by Mexicans. Rambo rescues her and the Cartel follow him back to America for a one man vs an army showdown.

yumtum

DUX' bumchum
Rambo’s niece gets kidnapped and sold into sex slavery by Mexicans. Rambo rescues her and the Cartel follow him back to America for a one man vs an army showdown.
Sounds like a shit Taken.

Leg-End

Rambo vs Mexican Jon Snow, the last third of the film was what most expected from it but it took so long to get there by the end it didn’t really feel like a big payoff.

André Dominguez

Supports
Benfica, Académica
I think the movie was intended to get revenues rather than reviews, and will ultimately hit the target.

Member 39557

Whatever happens, it was worth it just to see Arnie's Crocodile Dundee impression.

Eyepopper

Lowering the tone since 2006
Like Rocky, Sly just doesn't know when to quit does he?

Casanova85

Supports
Cruyff/SAF
I hesitated, but I finally saw it.

Shameless piece of relentless self-righteous sadictic revenge. No apologies. It is what it is. Same way Rambo/Stallone adressed the "human rights being violated" in Burma with epic gore violence, here he adresses the problems of the Mexican frontier (drugs, kidnapping, slavery) with even more violence, because this time it's deeply personal.

It's a Rambo entry that certainly fits the Trump era, same way Rambo IV suited the W.Bush era and II and III Reagan's. Yes, Rambo is a self-righteous republican killing machine. Rambo is beyond Heaven or Hell. Rambo is about killing what a big portion of americans think of as "evil". Love it or hate it.

Solid 3 / 5.

Last edited:

arthurka

I hesitated, but I finally saw it.

Shameless piece of relentless self-righteous sadictic revenge. No apologies. It is what it is. Same way Rambo/Stallone adressed the "human rights being violated" in Burma with epic gore violence, here he adresses the problems of the Mexican frontier (drugs, kidnapping, slavery) with even more violence, because this time it's deeply personal.

It's a Rambo entry that certainly fits the Trump era, same way Rambo IV suited the W.Bush era and II and III Reagan's. Yes, Rambo is a self-righteous republican killing machine. Rambo is beyond Heaven or Hell. Rambo is about killing what a big portion of americans think of as "evil". Love it or hate it.

Solid 3 / 5.
Well put.
A little that I want to add here is the pacing of the movie is very off from the beginning. Its way to slow and has such a long build up but the last 30-40 minutes are full of action and gore.
A slow but solid brainless entertainment with absolutely nothing to add to the series 2/5.

Sly doesn´t even want to rule out another Rambo movie so I guess the next one could be more to the left, as John J will be in his retirement and living of his retirement plans only to find out that the system has bled them dry and nothing is left of these funds. Rambo goes to work on the financial institutes and government. That will be very very personal indeed.

Casanova85

Supports
Cruyff/SAF
Well put.
A little that I want to add here is the pacing of the movie is very off from the beginning. Its way to slow and has such a long build up but the last 30-40 minutes are full of action and gore.
A slow but solid brainless entertainment with absolutely nothing to add to the series 2/5.

Sly doesn´t even want to rule out another Rambo movie so I guess the next one could be more to the left, as John J will be in his retirement and living of his retirement plans only to find out that the system has bled them dry and nothing is left of these funds. Rambo goes to work on the financial institutes and government. That will be very very personal indeed.
I've read that Sly plans to set Rambo VI in an indian reserve. Dances With Wolves meets Rambo IV-V.