Random footballers from years gone by that you remember for no reason...

Precaution

Used to buy Sebastian Deisler alot on my old Champ - poor sod went through it and Rangers star who had hella left foot - Jorg Albertz

SalfordRed18

Netflix and avocado, no chill
Supports
Ashwood City FC
Use to annoy me, when he was brought up and people claim the tackle ruined him.

I use to watch a lot of youth football back then, always felt he was never good enough and you wouldn't look twice at him if he were a different international background.

Kopral Jono

This thread feels a lot like a real throwback to my time in London more than half a decade ago now. Late Friday night, home from a lovely meal somewhere in Soho, chilling on the couch a tiny bit inebriated and Premier League Years (or Cricket's Greatest on Sky Sports 2) playing in the background. Wonderful times.

Champ

Refuses to acknowledge existence of Ukraine
Francis Benali

Imbrahim Ba

Linvoy Primus

All cracking names.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Some of these names I’m seeing are not random enough. Lot of ex-superstars. I need more Gary Ablett!

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
One guy I always remember is John Oster. Signed from Grimsby by Everton for a out 1m as some sort of pretend Ryan Giggs at the time.

Normandy

Supports
Montreal Impact
Caleb Folan
Craig Fagan
Mads Timm (FIFA 04 legend for me)
Marek Jankolovski
Edson Braafheid
Sasa Papac

Jibbs

Diego Tristan...what can we do with a striker like him.

Gazza

Some of these names I’m seeing are not random enough. Lot of ex-superstars. I need more Gary Ablett!
Chris Marsden. Never looked like a Premier League footballer. I mean that literally. He looked like a kindly old milkman. Or like a referee who had snuck on to a football team.

But heavens to Betsy the referee in footballer's clothing got away with it as recently as 2004/05, before embarking on a career as Mike Dean.

Chief123

Zvonomir Boban
Steve Guppy
Matt Elliot
Efan Ekoku
Laurent Robert
Asprilla
Alvaro Recoba
Di Livio
Ian Harte
Elano
Gaizka Mendietta
Claudio Lopez
Kily Gonzalez

MattJ166

I will always have a soft spot for Ricardo Fuller, excellent in the championship for Stoke as well as doing his business in the premier league for a Stoke side that didn't exactly set out to play the beautiful game. His goal against Aston VIlla in his first prem season was sensational and one of the best goals i've seen in person, the Brit went absolutely fecking mental.. Scholes mis-hit volley against barca in 08 probably being my all time favourite in-person goal.