Random goalkeepers you remember

A-man

Dick Last for the iconic player presentation when they, on purpose I assume, presented every player with surname first on the big sceeen.
He played for IFK Göteborg and Örgryte.

sully07

Pat Jennings. My childhood memory is that he caught every ball, even when diving full length, which he didn’t of course.

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
Mart Poom
Kevin Pressman

SwedishFish

Claudio Taffarell
Fabien Barthez
Ali Al-Habsi
Gabor Kiraly
Gianluca Curci
Christian Abbiati
Francesco Toldo
Angelo Peruzzi
Carlos Roa - Nearly signed for us you know but instead went on a hiatus because he thought the world was ending in the year 2000.

And of course the absolute GOAT

Jose Luis Chilavert - The Freekick Master

No Love

Antti Niemi. Still don’t understand how he couldn’t get a game for Scotland.

SoCross

Maarten Stekelenburg.

I was desperate for us to sign him at one point. Also was fun chanting his name.

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
Gary Walsh, Chris Turner, Chris woods, Tony Cotton, Hans Seagers, Les Sealey, Steve Ogrosivic

peacefulwarlord

Mondragon
Lobont/Stelea
Illgner/Kopke
Paul Robinson
Songo'o/Kameni
Nikopolidis
Pletikosa
Shovkovskyi

Chipper

Adulterer.
Mark Crossley
Tony Coton
Mike Hooper
John Filan
Jonathon Gould

padzilla

Hipster
Changing the topic slightly but was there ever a goalkeeper who wore tracksuit bottoms that wasn't rubbish?

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
Changing the topic slightly but was there ever a goalkeeper who wore tracksuit bottoms that wasn't rubbish?
Kiraly had one good year for Palace I seem to remember. Bernard Lama was a dude. But most importantly, this guy:

All goalkeepers who wear trackies are mental though, that's definitely true. To the point where in my head Narthex never wore shorts just because he was mental.

Vidyoyo

The bad "V"
It always felt like France produced tons of good keepers, who were probably in retrospect a bit average.

Sebastien Frey
Gregory Coupet
Mickael Landreau
Steve Mandanda
Yohann Pele (was a wonderkid on old football games).

Goalkeeper is an interesting position though as until recently you could get by with a decent-but-not-great one. There's definitely been an evolution in terms of expectations - moving from just being a good commander/shot stopper to being a better all around player.

Leo Franco (Atlético)
Philipp Laux (Ulm/Dortmund)
Carlos Kameni (Espanyol/Málaga)
Tim Wiese (Werder/WWE)

Bole Top

Landreau from Nantes and later PSG. excellent at stopping penalties if my memory serves me well.
Cesar Sanchez from Madrid. not sure what was happening to Casillas in those days, but I remember seeing Cesar a lot in CL.
Molina from Deportivo and their glory days.
Hahnemann, former Reading goalkeeper. also rather unlucky as the competiton for NT was brutal. USA had Keller, Friedel and Howard, so he rarely got to play.
Pelizzoli from Roma, actually rather expensive but was flop long term.

Doni
Armani
German Lux
S. Saja
Westerveld
Oscar Cordoba
Dutruel
Helton
Muslera
Turnbull

Neil_Buchanan

Cock'd
For years I thought that Taffarel was the best GK in the world because he was Brazilian and they were the best team on fifa.

duffer

Sensible and not a complete jerk like most oppo's
Scout
This stylish fellow who played for Chelsea in the mid-90s:

I thought he was one of the better keepers in the league for a time but I have no idea if that was accurate. Perhaps @duffer can set me right.
I have generally only good memories of Kharine. I was in my mid-teens at the time he was a regular and had a season ticket back then.

Almost all the goalies we have had after him were better (De Goey, Cudicini, Cech, Courtois) and also the only clips that ever get shown of Kharine are the 4-0 FA Cup final or Cantona's lob that hit the bar at Stamford Bridge (I was at that game and was one of the fans applauding the effort!). I think that kinda influences how people see him but I don't remember ever thinking he was bad.