Random moments in football you remember

Brophs

The One and Only
Del Horno absolutely cementing Messi near the corner flag at Stamford Bridge a few seasons back. He looked a broken man.

Adzzz

Astrophysical Genius - Hard for Grinner
Staff
I remember during either the 06/07 or 07/08 season (not sure which) a goal being scored against Chelsea, I remember it because it was John Terry's fault and if you watch he actually became a crab-like creature in a desperate attempt to stop the goal, I'd pay good money to be able to remember it exactly or see a video of Terry the Crab.

Most of my favorite moments involve John Terry being a spaz.

The guy brushing his teeth, to this day still confuses me. One moment I'll always remember though for all the right reasons was Paul Scholes goal vs Barcelona. Magical.

Cristiano_RAFC

Great thread this one!

Something I've always remembered is Di canio being sent off and pushing the referee:

YouTube - Di Canio Red Card

Also, I remember a referee in a Premier League game, running backwards and tripping. It was such a funny sight, but I can't find a video of it. Don't remeber the game either. Saw it on MOTD years ago...

Another one is Forlan having trouble getting his shirt back on after celebrating a goal:

YouTube - Diego Forlan can't get his shirt back on- goal celebration

Woodzy

Nani and Anderson both took a foul throw in the same game a couple of seasons back.

But i'm not sure if it was both Nani and Anderson, and it may not have been the same game. So I clearly don't remember it that well.

Randall Flagg

Worst of the best
Does anyone remember Becks and Giggs taking a double free kick (i think against Blackburn)? Both connected with the ball simultaneously

zain

Believe
Anyone else remember this game of ours..?

We were playing Nantes away from home in the CL, not sure if it was the 2001-2002 season, or the 2002-2003 season...I was listening to the game online on 105.4 century FM (no video stream during those days)..

We bombarded their goal for the entirety of the game after we conceded an early goal..but to no avail. Their goalie supposedly had an absolute blinder. Everything we threw at him, he stopped and saved. I even remember the commentator (not Mickey T) late in the game saying "This goalkeeper has defied the laws of physics!"..Keeper was Landreau...

Fortunately for us, during stoppage time, a Nantes player handled in the box and got sent off, for Ruud to step up and slam it home from the spot.....

Finished 1-1....A game even though I never saw on the tele, loved absolutely every second of it..

Randall Flagg

Worst of the best
I remember the game, nearly sure Djemba X 2 played for Nantes in the 2 games too. We hammered them in the home game

scalisto

Barça-Newcastle CL. Corner kick for Barça, Kieron Dyer leaning against the goal post as if sipping a daiquiri on a tropical island. Barça scores from the corner kick.

Москва2008

Under investigation...no more points for now
O'Shea v Liverpool 2007 'a random moment you remember but can't really explain why'?

No offence to any pot-smoking amnesiacs present, but that's un-fecking-forgettable even if my brain was wiped with mind erasers.

PS Anyone got that rare clip of Zidane's headbutt?

Stobzilla

Official Team Perv
Was that the one where his name was spelt wrong on his shirt?

From the same game, feeling sorry for Teddy Sheringham cos we were all singing Cantona songs.
Indeed it was.

Jimmy Bullard leap frogging over a goal line scramble after played had been stopped.

Sojiro

Formerly MST3K
"Sometimes you're not sure about a player,&qu
This can hardly be classed as a random moment?
True, not random but for some reason when I think of United I always go back to that play. A dramatic winner but we've had lots of them, not a particularily good game from our stand point but from all the goals and great plays I always, always think of it.

I havent been following Football and United as much as everyone else so I dont have too many things to go off but this season I dont think I'll ever forget Gaz coming onto the field and Fergie forgetting to tell him he's being subbed off so that he had to go back into the dressing room to get his civvies!

The White Pele

Rio Ferdinand celebrating a United goal by doing his usual leap over the huddle, and giving the referee a cheeky slap while he was up there.

Denis Irwin hitting the post against Inter Milan in 99.

Scholes absolutely crunching Busquets in the Champions League Final.

Ronaldo standing the ball up for Ruud with a rabona, only for Ruud to miss an easy header.

Scholes' penalty against Lehman in the Community Shield 2003. Lehman was dancing up and down the goal line and Scholes nearly broke the net.

The first time I saw Rooney play. It was for England Under 17s against Holland and he scored an absolute stonker.

Laurent Robert smashing the ball into Olivier Bernard's head and Bernard stumbling about before falling to the ground.

Mark Hughes scoring a goal for Southampton at the Dell, which was not given despite the ball passing so far over the line that it hit the sponsor board behind the goal and came back out.

HsJ

Solksjaer chasing Robb Lee about 60 yards down the pitch to foul him and get sent off. Then getting a standing ovation.

Only player to be given a standing ovation for being sent off. Was quite a moment. 20LEgend