Rangers/Slavia Prague incidents

Status
Not open for further replies.

RUCK4444

All this back and forth is pointless unless we know what was said.

Has the Rangers player said what the opposition player said to him?

Gio

★★★★★★★★
Supports
Rangers
First and foremost, Rangers should be heavily sanctioned for their antics during yesterday's game. Two guys kicking a player lay on the floor, a few minutes before one of their players kicks somebody in the face... complete lack of control.

As for the Slavia player who allegedly racially abused, if there's proof then punish him accordingly.

My opinion is that Rangers lost their heads and imploded, and to punch somebody after the game doesn't help a claim which is already difficult to verify.
Yes, that's the biggest issue here.

Some of the views in here are unbelievable.

poleglass red

I'm no fan of Rangers at all, there is still elements of bigotry withing their fan base and of course with Celtic's also. In saying that, racism has no place at all in football. It has to be stamped out. My only concern is if the comment isn't picked up on any speaker pitchside, this player can get away with it. He knew what he was doing, the fact he covered his mouth and you can tell by his reaction immediately afterwards, he walks right away knowing what he has said will spark a reaction. If you are in a heated argument you stand your ground, he said his piece than tried to slip away. It has ruined an otherwise great footballing performance, and as much as Gerrard has been rightfully lauded this season, he and his team looked a bit lost last night esp tactically.

fergosaurus

All this back and forth is pointless unless we know what was said.

Has the Rangers player said what the opposition player said to him?
Gerrard has said Kamara told him he was racially abused but wouldn't repeat what was said. Another Rangers player said the word monkey was used.

Kostov

You still don't get it?

If you want to talk about the kicking and stamping do that in another thread.

There is no "before" in racial abuse, no "but he did", no "it's just personal" .

If the UEFA can proof it, I think they will throw Slavia out of the competition. They have an easy chance to proof their stance without upsetting a major team., it is just too tempting not to.
We are talking about alleged racial assault and the credibility of the alleged victim is also important.

Robbie Boy

Racist is not okay in anysense we all agree on that. I just think its was used in this particular situation to moan with the referee trying to get advantage out of it.

I mean if the player is really insulted by that surely he would have got to the player directly instead of running to the referee.

Again not saying its ok, but Im sure there's plenty of racism towards asians, latins, and all other minorities and still you dont see those players complaining as much.

Most teams have multiple races in the squad, I highly doubt some of those players who share a pitch with their black team mates is genuinely a racist without that being a massive problem in the squad. Its a mental trick, trying to get into your opponents head, but hey we are living in a fragil world today Im sure many will say that its not valid.
Oh dear.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
Any confirmation of a player being assaulted after the match? Photos?

Kostov

What a shit post. Meetimg racism with punch ups will definitely help the problem won’t it?

Bore off. Not replying after this. How dense can one be?
Oh please get of your high horse and go have a lay down, should I quote that "these people" comment of yours, or is it too raw for your taste?

FreddieTheReddie

Are you saying that riots, massive fights etc in football don’t happen more in Eastern Europe? If yes, then that’s delusional. If no, then quit whining!
Did you realise you generalise the same way racist people do to support they arguments? You are not better at all.

TheMagicFoolBus

Supports
Chelsea
Without answering for him, I don't think that's what he's saying.
Then you lack the ability to think critically. That's exactly what he's implying and the relentless focus on undermining Kamara's credibility for unrelated issues (e.g. he kicked someone, he's a dirty player, etc.) goes hand in hand. Presumably if the exact same incident had occurred and the victim hadn't laid a glove on anyone all match, this guy wouldn't be up in arms about it. Therefore, he is excusing racism based on the conduct of the victim - thus in his mind there is threshold of actions after which it is acceptable to use racial slurs.

Robbie Boy

My reading is he means Rangers are shit, they are thugs and sore losers and Slavia player couldn't have been racist cos he's got black friends.
The two aren't mutually exclusive. Rangers played like absolute thugs and the Slavia player is quite possibly a racist piece of shit. Both things are true.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
The Slavia Prague statement came out & said the player said "you f***ING guy". At least the made up thing from the journalist made a wee bit more sense, does anyone really think Kamara has misheard monkey & f***ing guy?
You don't go to someone's ear to whisper "fecking guy"...that's just nonsense.

edgecutter

Unless UEFA get some proof there is very little they can do. It's cowardly to whisper shit to some other players on the pitch.

Drainy

The two aren't mutually exclusive. Rangers played like absolute thugs and the Slavia player is quite possibly a racist piece of shit. Both things are true.
That's a fair point really about Rangers, though as people have said it's irrelevant to this topic. The 'some of his best team mates are black' point is laughable.

We'll have to wait for the facts to come out to know for certain the truth of what occurred.

Robbie Boy

That's a fair point really about Rangers, though as people have said it's irrelevant to this topic. The 'some of his best team mates are black' point is laughable.

We'll have to wait for the facts to come out to know for certain the truth of what occurred.
Oh aye, when it comes to the topic at hand it's totally irrelevant.

Guess some are eh sick of racism being called out, or something... Poor souls having to endure prople calling out racism :(

SwedishFish

Slavia is not getting kicked out, everyone can scrap that thought instantly.

If anything the player himself will get punished as will likely the Rangers player as he decided to throw fists (if that can be proven of course).

fck

Supports
Bayern
After the time they had you would think that Slavia or the Player would come up with a better lie than that. "You f****** guy"? are you kidding me :lol:

poleglass red

My fear is that unless the mic, ref, linesman, or any official from the sidelines verifies what was said, won't this guy just stick to his story of he said "you fcuking guy". The issue here is this could happen again if a player covers his mouth when uttering racist nonsense like this. It needs clamped down on, but right now it looks it will could descend into a he said she said argument unfortunately.

KranjskaKlobasa

https://en.slavia.cz/clanek.asp?id=Club-statement-Slavia-denies-allegations-of-racism-807

The club denies the allegations of racism of one of the team captains Ondřej Kúdela.
Slavia resolutely denies the disgusting accusation of one of the team captains Ondřej Kúdela of racist behaviour. Already the founders of our club gave us crest with colours meaning “the purity of the idea of sports and fair contest where the rival is not our enemy, but respected opponent.” Today, Slavia is an international club based on respect for our opponents and mutual respect of all people and cultures.

After one of the brutal fouls, Ondřej Kúdela spoke to one of the Rangers players. “I told him ‘You fecking guy’. It was said in emotions, but I absolutely deny there was anything racist in those words,” Kúdela stated.

Slavia players faced an unprecedentedly malicious play from their opponents. They have never experienced such play in any game they participated in modern history of the European competitions. Many brutal tackles resulted in injuries of our players. Goalkeeper Ondřej Kolář was taken to hospital with ten stitches on his head.

After the end of the game, the team was not allowed to enter the dressing room. Ondřej Kúdela was assaulted by player Kamara and hit with fists in the head when Rangers manager Steven Gerrard witnessed the incident. Even the UEFA representatives who were also present on the site of the incident were shocked by this behaviour.

The team is now safe accompanied by the Scottish police.

Superden

you fecking guy.

i would so lose my shit if someone whispered that into my ear. especially with a borat accent, which it how it sounds in my head.

Pagh Wraith

I appreciate the use of the word feck in an official club statement. Hard to believe this version though. Hopefully the truth will come out.

Pow

Supports
Chelsea
I think the reaction of the black players on his own side as soon as he says it is very telling.

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
How do we know what he said was racist ? It could be a general verbal abuse also, although covering his face does raise some suspicions.

Gerrard hasn't been on the right side of history when it comes to racism, i'd take everything he says with a handful of salt!
What about what the player says?

Bubz27

The guy whispering is an absolute cnut. Can tell by the way he runs off and waves his hands like he hasn't done anything.

Bubz27

After the disgusting Rangers display it's hard to believe their accusations. If the racial abuse is proven there should be appropriate punishment obviously. But innocent until proven guilty.
Are you saying because Rangers played poorly you think they have made up accusations of racism?

GoonerBear

Supports
Arsenal
By the way, I also need to laugh at the Rangers players being called Butchers & their display was disgusting!

I assume the main point was Roofes tackle, which looks horrible, but is similar to Mane's tackle on Ederson. Eyes fixed on the ball, Roofe actually gets to the ball first to try & control it, but the goalkeeper is caught in the follow through.

A clear red card, clearly endangering an opponent, but you can't say that was a deliberate act to go out & hurt someone.

I think all the Slavia fans seem to forget about the persistent fouling on Kent game. He must have been fouled 8 times that first half, & it certainly seemed targeted! .

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
Nah, I'm being serious, because I understand exactly what Kostov is saying and I want to hear a different perspective so I can potentially adjust my views. "You're wrong" with no why is utterly pointless.

In isolation, if somebody asked me whether I would rather be kicked in the face or racially abused (have experience of both!), I would choose the abuse every time. Sticks and stones etc.

When I played Sunday League football in Manchester there would always be a player that would throw out a sly slur my way and it never really bothered me because I always thought, "I doubt they're actually racist or hate me because of the colour of my skin, they're just trying to get a rise out of me to influence the game."

Again, just my personal perspective. Would like to hear yours too.
Cool, no offence intended or taken
Im just sick, quite literally, of the racist abuse right now. Being Asian too, I’ve also seen an increase in racist abuse and I’ve had it recently but hell can I prove it? Nope! Because it just becomes my word against my aggressor. I get accused of having ‘a chip on my shoulder’. Then there’s the’ there’s more serious stuff so let it go and man up’ argument which just make it worse.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Honestly this racism thing is getting out of hand, if a player does it publicly then I agree he should be punished but if its a thing between players Im sure way worse things are said on the pitch and nobody gives a feck.
So you think racism is an acceptable way to wind up an opponent? you very strange boy.

smi11ie

Not a philogynist
Supports
Rangers
Why you cannt say to some "scottish" butcher and anti footballist cruel foulers they are bastards? its true, if they would kick ankles, heads, ugly fouling all the time, they deserve named be bastard. And after that htey are so sensitive? Hate racism, but if somebody is asshole you could tell him no matter skin color. And how you can know what bullshits were rangers players saying to slavia players. Slavia also has 8 african descent players and they love them. I would bet my shorts, Kamara wrongly hear something or could find different meaning, but dodnt understand this neanderthal behaviour, like attacking somebody after they did it whole match. Like bonus to the way to czech? Absolute ranger morons and loosers who cant loose.
Rangers might play in Scotland but the players involved in the incidents are not Scottish. The alleged act of racism did involve a Czech guy so you might want to rethink your position. I would also like to add that you sound like an idiot.

Flexdegea

Irrelevant. Rangers must get punished for the boot to the face and any other incidents but how 'heated' the game was is not an excuse or mitigation for racism.

I wasn't excusing anything.

Just making a comment about the context of the match and how the tempers where flaring up.

Player should 100% be banned if hes found guilty. He was being a snidey as you can get.

Gerrard interview afterwards was sort of funny going back to how he reacted to saurez etc and the t-shirt wearing. Now hes saying it's ridiculous the other team backing their player. Classic Slippy from the master himself

Status
Not open for further replies.