Rangers/Slavia Prague incidents

Status
Not open for further replies.

Northstand

No idea if this has been mooted, but rather than the Slavia guy covering his mouth in order to voice a racist slur, is it possible he was spitting at the Rangers player? If you watch the part of the video where the referee shows the yellow card to each player, the Rangers lad seems to indicate that with a gesture. Not that this might be held up as some sort of defence for the bloke, of course!

Edit: having just seen the above video, it clearly was not a case of spitting

duffer

Sensible and not a complete jerk like most oppo's
Scout
No idea if this has been mooted, but rather than the Slavia guy covering his mouth in order to voice a racist slur, is it possible he was spitting at the Rangers player? If you watch the part of the video where the referee shows the yellow card to each player, the Rangers lad seems to indicate that with a gesture. Not that this might be held up as some sort of defence for the bloke, of course!
The Rangers player has said that they were racially abused, not spat on.

Sparky_Hughes

I am Shitbeard.
Absolutely no excuse for racism, Kick Slavia out of the competition. Also no excuse for the thuggish way Rangers play. Kick them out of the competition. Two bad apples out, and Utd get bye to the semis. Everyone wins.

Kostov

Eastern Europeans in the football world. What’s the problem??
These Rangers players kicking players while being down and assaulting basically the keeper, did cover themselves in glory did they? Are they even better than the alleged racist twat? Or are they only going to be the victims?

Brightonian

If Rangers players have been involved in beating up Kudela after the game that's obviously unacceptable and a ban should be on its way. That one should be easy to either prove or disprove.

But if UEFA don't want incidents like this to spiral out of control, they need to give players some sense that they will get justice by the proper channels. You will never be able to prove 100% what he said. That's why he covered his mouth when saying it. But carefully interviewing all the players who were there and the referee should be able to build a fairly reliable picture based on what individuals said as they reacted. For me, the fact that Zungu, without having heard Kamara repeat it, claims that Kudela said 'monkeys' is telling. If the ref can confirm that at some point in the immediate fracas Kamara reported that specific word to him, that's convincing.

Incidentally, that 'reliable journalist' quoted on reddit (ffs) doesn't even tally with his own team's claim about what Kudela said. It's immaterial though. You don't cover your mouth and lean close to say 'you fecking guy' or 'you ugly bastards' and then run away afterwards.

Ban the player and ban the team.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
These Rangers players kicking players while being down and assaulting basically the keeper, did cover themselves in glory did they? Are they even better than the alleged racist twat? Or are they only going to be the victims?
Well, look who their manager is. That should answer your last question.

Baneofthegame

They should be punished for their actions as well, it’s no excuse for racist behaviour whatsoever.

Or does their shit behaviour mean it’s okay to be racist?

DoubleDinhos

Liverpool Fan
Yes his credibility stays behind with Suarez and their stupid t-shirts, besides he was always a dirty fecker.
It's clear you're not taking these allegations seriously but I'd like to think events a decade ago (and Gerrard never even wore those horrid shirts but no doubt, like the club as a whole, someone should have stood in at the time) shouldn't disqualify a man from growing and becoming more aware in the intervening years. He's acted strongly here.

What dirtiness has to do with things when we're talking about a racist incident I don't understand. Just mere days ago people were killed in Atlanta for their race, I think standing against this kind of behaviour is the most important thing now.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
So what's the gist of this - "it's ok to be racist if you're playing against a Steven Gerrard team?"
No, I was referring to the abundant Liverpool victimization mentality. It’s an absolute travesty that we keep seeing these threads pop up with the frequency they do, racism should be scoured from this earth, should have already been scoured from it. But that’s a Pollyanna-ish expectation, unfortunately.

RashyForPM

Well yeah, but this thread is about the horrific alleged racism by the Sparta player. No one is defending the Rangers players. Roofe’s tackle was awful.

Vault Dweller

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
So what's the gist of this - "it's ok to be racist if you're playing against a Steven Gerrard team?"
I've seen that implied a few times already on Twitter, that because of Gerrard's actions in the Suarez incident...well 'feck him' sort of thing (Gerrard I mean). Depressing.

Kamara is laid back and relaxed as a player, I have never seen him react like that. Zungu reacts immediately too. I think it is fair to guess what sort of thing was said.

TheMagicFoolBus

Supports
Chelsea

Can't believe he can walk after being beaten bloody, apparently!

Slavia Prague asked Lukaku to apologise for calling out that he was racially abused last year - zero surprising that they'd make up a story to distract from their player's racism. Kick them out of the competition.

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
:lol:

I know :lol:

Captain at the time when Liverpool were slandering a racially abused player to defend their star man and he's on the soap box of virtue. Obviously I hope it was a learning experience for him but it's some brass sack
Has he come out and apologised, or given a view on it? I mean it’s necessary I feel at this point given these exact quotes.

Ralaks

If it ends up being a clear cut case, I would like to see them thrown out. It's obvious pathetic warnings, minor bans to individuals and irrelevant fines is not a high enough risk to deter racists. Maybe the threat of European expulsion will do so instead. Mind if Rangers player(s) dealt with it by the rule of the streets, they should also face a lengthy ban.

GoonerBear

Supports
Arsenal
Absolutely abhorrent if he actually said that....deserves severe punishment.
The Slavia Prague statement came out & said the player said "you f***ING guy". At least the made up thing from the journalist made a wee bit more sense, does anyone really think Kamara has misheard monkey & f***ing guy?

fck

Supports
Bayern
Does the Slavia Prague player know that people like him were deemed "sub-human" by another group of people not that long ago? Same with those bulgarian "fans" in the England match. Maybe it's time to open a history book once a while.
Not only should you reject racism because it's the right and decent thing to do but also, as history tells us, you can suddenly become a victim of it as well.

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
The Slavia Prague statement came out & said the player said "you f***ING guy". At least the made up thing from the journalist made a wee bit more sense, does anyone really think Kamara has misheard monkey & f***ing guy?
It looks extremely likely that whatever was said differs from what is claimed. There is no place for that sort of behaviour, those ideals need to be eradicated through education and will take years, but the world needs to strive towards this in all races, where colour has no bearing.

Still this needs to be proven, and I’m not sure it can be sadly.

NinjaFletch

Can't believe he can walk after being beaten bloody, apparently!

Slavia Prague asked Lukaku to apologise for calling out that he was racially abused last year - zero surprising that they'd make up a story to distract from their player's racism. Kick them out of the competition.
The same 'journalist' who started that is the same guy who was telling people that actually he just said 'ugly'.

Almost like he's someone with a vested interest in downplaying what happened... No, that would be too cynical. Must be two unrelated things.

Cloud7

I don’t understand what Gerrard’s past with Suarez has to do with any of this and why it’s being mentioned? That has no relation to this incident whatsoever.

Flexdegea

Why would he whisper in his ear "ugly b##stard"? Wouldn't you just say it? But I suppose we can't categorically say he mentioned something racist. But I don't see a player whispering ugly b##stard to someone to prevent anyone else from hearing, and would never expect a player to be so riled up and excuse someone of racism due to that. It just doesn't make sense to me. But as I said, there's no way it can be proven because it's one man's word against the other

I'm not saying he said it or he didn't, I'm just saying that is another story reported, and to be honest rangers in general where a disgrace on the pitch as well, so was well heated from both sides.

They defo should investigate it and if your man said what Kamara saying he should be banned.

I imagine the team prob get kicked out of the competition

TheMagicFoolBus

Supports
Chelsea
The same 'journalist' who started that is the same guy who was telling people that actually he just said 'ugly'.

Almost like he's someone with a vested interest in downplaying what happened... No, that would be too cynical. Must be two unrelated things.
Definitely just a coincidence, nothing to see here...

Flexdegea

Really? Players reacting like that to a non-racist comment? Non-racist comments happen all the time between players and for the vast majority it's water off a duck's back. The whole thing is crystal clear - Zunga tells the world within seconds what was said.

I don't think anyone is contesting that Roofe deserves a ban for his reckless challenge. That's cut and dried. Same for Ballogun's second yellow. In the past for Rangers Gerrard has always been pretty up front when players (usually Morelos) have done stupid stuff and deserved the punishment from the ref. It was an ugly game and the referee failed to keep control of the persistent fouling from the start which played into Slavia's hands. They deserved to progress because they were the better team and Rangers have clearly lost a mental edge since winning the league. All of that goes without saying.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/56451935
I really don't get how anyone can take issue what was said there by the Rangers manager.

Yeah it happens every weekend at all levels. You must have a short memory but Zidane is one, can think of Keane losing it a few times. The list is endless.

Eriku

Racist is not okay in anysense we all agree on that. I just think its was used in this particular situation to moan with the referee trying to get advantage out of it.

I mean if the player is really insulted by that surely he would have got to the player directly instead of running to the referee.

Again not saying its ok, but Im sure there's plenty of racism towards asians, latins, and all other minorities and still you dont see those players complaining as much.

Most teams have multiple races in the squad, I highly doubt some of those players who share a pitch with their black team mates is genuinely a racist without that being a massive problem in the squad. Its a mental trick, trying to get into your opponents head, but hey we are living in a fragil world today Im sure many will say that its not valid.
Sweet Jesus...

Brightonian

I'm not saying he said it or he didn't, I'm just saying that is another story reported, and to be honest rangers in general where a disgrace on the pitch as well, so was well heated from both sides.

They defo should investigate it and if your man said what Kamara saying he should be banned.

I imagine the team prob get kicked out of the competition
Irrelevant. Rangers must get punished for the boot to the face and any other incidents but how 'heated' the game was is not an excuse or mitigation for racism.

Lord SInister

where grasses are green and girls are pretty
If the guy made a racist, he needs to be binned. This one doesn't look like the Romanian guy case, this looks like using racist words to insult fellow footballer, which should be a big no no.
But knowing UEFA, they are probably gonna it go with meh bans and fine.
Obviously if the alleged incident was racist.

JustAGuest

Wow, from the clip it's very obvious the Slavia player is in the wrong from the way he covers his mouth. I hope the right action gets taken. The club statement is quite laughable and embarrassing.

Kostov

Well yeah, but this thread is about the horrific alleged racism by the Sparta player. No one is defending the Rangers players. Roofe’s tackle was awful.
Not just Roofe"s look at that same guy screaming about the racist abuse, kicking and stamping on another man just before the incident.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.