Rangers/Slavia Prague incidents

Status
Not open for further replies.

Red_toad

I’m not sure I agree with this.

Racism is the worst form of any derogatory remark and shouldn’t be tolerated by the anyone, be it the receiver, or anyone else. His own team mates should call him-out and tell him he’s crossed the line. Many people, Liverpool players included have since come out and stayed how uncomfortable they were with Liverpool’s handling of the Suarez / Evra situation.
As a person of mixed heritage, I’d say someone making comments about family is far worse than the colour of my skin. Plus kicking the shit out of someone shouldn’t ever be deemed as an appropriate response, having lost a very dear friend to a one punch assault, I’m very saddened when I see posts from people making out it’s fine as they deserve it.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Rangers are proper butchers, absolutelly disgusting against slavia, and the guy who kicked keeper to head should be banned for good next year of european competition or jail. Rangers thought they are better than they are, because rolling in shitty scottish leage. Slavia is and was much better team and rangers showed their mentality. Not saying about kamara attacked Kudela in changing room, who he think he is?
Wonder which team you support, dablem_10.

Hammerfell

Rangers are proper butchers, absolutelly disgusting against slavia, and the guy who kicked keeper to head should be banned for good next year of european competition or jail. Rangers thought they are better than they are, because rolling in shitty scottish leage. Slavia is and was much better team and rangers showed their mentality. Not saying about kamara attacked Kudela in changing room, who he think he is?
:lol:

dablem_10

Wonder which team you support, dablem_10.
Of course United (watch almost each match for 16years ), but as slovak i have close to czech teams and slavia, who knows them, knew, they play fantastic football with local boys and african talents. To me very sympatic team. To understand me correctly i hate racism, but sometimes you call somebody bastard and he thinks is racistic. For example, as a programmer, i find it really laughable, you cannot name your variables blacklist/whitelist, while it was used 20 years. I just dont like overly politically correct behaviour. Can you at least admit rangers fouled like pigs whole match?

Flexdegea

We aren't. We are using Gerrard saying the player told him he was racially abused as evidence.

That's the problem for me, as Gerrard has previous when it happened to Evra was to stick on a saurez Tshirt saying we stand by you.

But the reaction of the player and the other teams players is very telling. I'd say you boy looking at a ban.

Also bit rich of the rangers fanbase up on arms on social. I'd go as far as too say they one of the most racist and sectarian fan bases about.

Last edited:

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
Why you cannt say to some "scottish" butcher and anti footballist cruel foulers they are bastards? its true, if they would kick ankles, heads, ugly fouling all the time, they deserve named be bastard. And after that htey are so sensitive? Hate racism, but if somebody is asshole you could tell him no matter skin color. And how you can know what bullshits were rangers players saying to slavia players. Slavia also has 8 african descent players and they love them. I would bet my shorts, Kamara wrongly hear something or could find different meaning, but dodnt understand this neanderthal behaviour, like attacking somebody after they did it whole match. Like bonus to the way to czech? Absolute ranger morons and loosers who cant loose.
Does anyone know what this means?

Ramos

Why you cannt say to some "scottish" butcher and anti footballist cruel foulers they are bastards? its true, if they would kick ankles, heads, ugly fouling all the time, they deserve named be bastard. And after that htey are so sensitive? Hate racism, but if somebody is asshole you could tell him no matter skin color. And how you can know what bullshits were rangers players saying to slavia players. Slavia also has 8 african descent players and they love them. I would bet my shorts, Kamara wrongly hear something or could find different meaning, but dodnt understand this neanderthal behaviour, like attacking somebody after they did it whole match. Like bonus to the way to czech? Absolute ranger morons and loosers who cant loose.
Lukaku probably misheard too last season. Maybe it's something special, you know. When black people come into contact with Slavia players or fans, their ears stop functioning. We should look into it. it's entirely possible.

red4ever 79

Coming from Ireland to Czechia, it's hardly a poor country. Far, far better health system and infrastructure than Ireland, to name just two things.
health system is grand I give you that. Not a wealthy country by any means though. Spent a many long weekends in Dublin when i was younger, was living near Holyhead so used to get the ferry over. Good times

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
An alleged racist incident on the pitch...

Reddit says this is a reliable tweet saying the player who committed the racist taunt has been beaten at Ibrox post-match and police have been called?

Doesn't look good. Why cover your mouth and whisper in his ear?
If it was a racist remark made by the players then a very lengthy ban should be forthcoming.

I just can’t get this quote from Gerrard out of my head though, I mean he’s 100% correct but how has he got the neck to even say it:houllier:

Tomuś

Nani is crap, I tell you!
Finally saw a video of that. He actually fecking followed through, the lunatic. Nothing but a vicious assault.
Yeah, that's one of the potentially most dangerous plays you will see. Actually do that anywhere else than on the pitch and you may do time.

Gio

★★★★★★★★
Supports
Rangers
It's mind-numbingly obvious what was said going by the way Kudela said it, his immediate attempt to scuttle behind the ref and his team-mates, and the immediate reaction by the Rangers players. Anyone trying to defend it has got their heads firmly implanted in the sand. Total lack of class from Slavia in the way they have attempted to throw as much shit at the wall to defend their player.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Apparently he said 'you ugly bastards' according to Rangers fan's facebook claims.
probably already said - but Gerrard in his post game interview literally said it was a racist comment, and couldn't "repeat the word"

nothing to do with being ugly. this is probably just their side of the story covering it.

Drainy

:lol:
I just can’t get this quote from Gerrard out of my head though, I mean he’s 100% correct but how has he got the neck to even say it:houllier:
I know :lol:

Captain at the time when Liverpool were slandering a racially abused player to defend their star man and he's on the soap box of virtue. Obviously I hope it was a learning experience for him but it's some brass sack

Godfather

Should have been a third red for Rangers as well. Guy intentionally steps on the Prague player's arm. Are they always that thuggish? Wouldn't surprise me. Gerrard was a sly cnut too

unchanged_lineup

Tarheel Tech Wizard
Leaving A Breakfast On All Of Your Doorsteps
Supports
Janet jazz jazz jam
Should have been a third red for Rangers as well. Guy intentionally steps on the Prague player's arm. Are they always that thuggish? Wouldn't surprise me. Gerrard was a sly cnut too
Yeah, I kinda assumed I was watching a replay of one of their red cards, then noticed it was after they'd already gotten their two reds.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
They didn’t believe Lukaku when it happened to him last season against the same team

Judge Red

Don't Call Me Douglas
It’s particularly sad to see that guy’s own black team mates standing so close during that alleged racist incident.

Tomuś

Nani is crap, I tell you!
Precisely. Gerrard wants to brush it under the carpet saying 'some things are above football, I don't want to discuss football now.' As if his players' behaviour during the game was football.

Gerald G

No doubt he said something racist but the Prague player has snidely whispered it in Kamara's so that nobody else could hear - meaning it will ultimately be one man's word against another. I'd love to get Prague and we smash them. Utter clown

Godfather

No doubt he said something racist but the Prague player has snidely whispered it in Kamara's so that nobody else could hear - meaning it will ultimately be one man's word against another. I'd love to get Prague and we smash them. Utter clown
With all due respect that's nonsense. It's well possible he did and it would be a disgrace. We don't know though. Not without any doubt at least as no one can hear or see what he actually says.

Gerald G

With all due respect that's nonsense. It's well possible he did and it would be a disgrace. We don't know though. Not without any doubt at least as no one can hear or see what he actually says.
So why exactly is he going over to whisper to him? It's obviously something he doesn't want anyone to hear except Kamara and Kamara's reaction says it all. What would he really be saying to him that he needed to whisper it then get that response from Kamara?

Flexdegea

So why exactly is he going over to whisper to him? It's obviously something he doesn't want anyone to hear except Kamara and Kamara's reaction says it all. What would he really be saying to him that he needed to whisper it then get that response from Kamara?

They are saying He called them 'ugly b##tards'........to be honest the way the match was going with the behaviour on the pitch during the game the reaction not surprising at all. Even before he supposedly said what he said, I think the rangers player was kicking your man on the ground.

Both teams should get hit hard. Should be banning as well for the attack on the goal keeper, and the beating after the game and the other comments from the player they saying was racist should be investigated as well and banned if deemed he said it.

Gerald G

They are saying He called them 'ugly b##tards'........to be honest the way the match was going with the behaviour on the pitch during the game the reaction not surprising at all. Even before he supposedly said what he said, I think the rangers player was kicking your man on the ground.

Both teams should get hit hard. Should be banning as well for the attack on the goal keeper, and the beating after the game and the other comments from the player they saying was racist should be investigated as well and banned if deemed he said it.
Why would he whisper in his ear "ugly b##stard"? Wouldn't you just say it? But I suppose we can't categorically say he mentioned something racist. But I don't see a player whispering ugly b##stard to someone to prevent anyone else from hearing, and would never expect a player to be so riled up and excuse someone of racism due to that. It just doesn't make sense to me. But as I said, there's no way it can be proven because it's one man's word against the other

Siorac

Eastern Europeans in the football world. What’s the problem??
It's kind of ironic to talk about "these people" in a thread about racism. Yes, yes, this is more xenophobia, I know, but still.

rhajdu

It's kind of ironic to talk about "these people" in a thread about racism. Yes, yes, this is more xenophobia, I know, but still.
That's what I also thought. Let's discuss a possibly racist issue and in the same time talk about "these people", who might not even speak English, because they are from Eastern Europe. Also, "these people" don't even mess about and surely took part in a fistfight.

Bwuk

I'm of the opinion if he's found to have been using racial terms then his side should be kicked out the tournament.

Obviously no idea what was said, but the reactions say a lot. Goldson looked like he was going to hammer him.

Siorac

That's what I also thought. Let's discuss a possibly racist issue and in the same time talk about "these people", who might not even speak English, because they are from Eastern Europe. Also, "these people" don't even mess about and surely took part in a fistfight.
Yes, these violent Eastern Europeans never pass up a chance to rough someone up!

As an aside, I fecking hate this Cold War terminology of Eastern Europe. Calling the Czech Republic eastern is ridiculous if someone even glances at a map. If they're Eastern Europe, then Europe is 30% west and 70% east. Its western borders are to the west of Copenhagen, Berlin, and Wien and pass the same longitude as fecking Rome. Prague is closer to Dublin than to Moscow. But I digress.

Gio

★★★★★★★★
Supports
Rangers

Really? Players reacting like that to a non-racist comment? Non-racist comments happen all the time between players and for the vast majority it's water off a duck's back. The whole thing is crystal clear - Zunga tells the world within seconds what was said.

Precisely. Gerrard wants to brush it under the carpet saying 'some things are above football, I don't want to discuss football now.' As if his players' behaviour during the game was football.
I don't think anyone is contesting that Roofe deserves a ban for his reckless challenge. That's cut and dried. Same for Ballogun's second yellow. In the past for Rangers Gerrard has always been pretty up front when players (usually Morelos) have done stupid stuff and deserved the punishment from the ref. It was an ugly game and the referee failed to keep control of the persistent fouling from the start which played into Slavia's hands. They deserved to progress because they were the better team and Rangers have clearly lost a mental edge since winning the league. All of that goes without saying.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/56451935
I really don't get how anyone can take issue what was said there by the Rangers manager.

Pagh Wraith

Do they speak English in Prague/ the Czech Republic?

Considering its the world's most widely spoken language, I'd imagine a lot more players speak English than speak any of the other world languages.
Sadly there is way too much English spoken in Prague these days. Overrun by Americans. :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.