Rangers/Slavia Prague incidents

Status
Not open for further replies.

Murray3007

Never has a post made such little sense and been so irrelevant. Yet at the same time been so transparent.
well that's a lot of shite, the post i replied to claimed you cant react like that to a situation unless it was racial abuse, which my reply proves you can,

AFC NimbleThumb

@AFC NimbleThumb
I see what you mean ....
If I speak. . . But I will anyway. . .

I see you’re going through what I have encountered countless times with the wilfully ignorant subverting the discourse from the actual matter at hand.

The saddest thing is there are ‘Top Red ‘posters on this forum who I have seen have reasonable conversations on these subjects that leave people like yourself, in tonight’s instance, hung out to dry while rather transparent baiting occurs.

You have my support but as I’ve witnessed countless times the silent majority could care less.

Withnail

I appreciate it's difficult in the moment, but they really should walked off it was racist abuse. It's the only way the authorities will actually take this stuff seriously.

Slavia chairman has posted now:

"Slavia categorically denies the allegation that Ondrej Kudela racially insulted a player on the opposition team in any way. Our player was physically attacked after the match. At the request of Slavia, local police were called. We want a full investigation of the whole situation by UEFA"

MUFC OK

Disgusting behaviour. Glad hes been banged out by someone as well. Stupidest thing is whats the point? They are 2-0 up against 9 men. Bad challenge etc but you just leave it dont you? Hope they make a real example this time and disqualify his team.
“You just leave it don’t you” sorry mate but no, you just don’t have the racist thought let alone communicate it. Glad you called it disgusting though, it is.

Hoof the ball

Slavia chairman has posted now:

"Slavia categorically denies the allegation that Ondrej Kudela racially insulted a player on the opposition team in any way. Our player was physically attacked after the match. At the request of Slavia, local police were called. We want a full investigation of the whole situation by UEFA"
Wait.

So, player didn't say anything racist, and instead called them out for being dirty cnuts in the game, only to get a pounding post-match for it? What a mess that'd be!

Norman Brownbutter

ask him about his bath time mishap
I don't really like the idea we're using a covered mouth as proof it was racist. Players perplexingly cover their mouths when speaking to their teammates.
However the reaction of the Rangers players makes it look like he wasn't exactly exchanging pleasantries.
I agree, but the reactions say it all. Rangers players instantly react. Racist cnut walks away quickly not at all surprised by the reaction of the rangers players.

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
Wait.

So, player didn't say anything racist, and instead called them out for being dirty cnuts in the game, only to get a pounding post-match for it? What a mess that'd be!
Apparently the perpetrator was shouting "that's bang out of order, it's our year!"

The Oracle

Whatever he whispered to him, it was also heard by the other Rangers player as well - who was stood directly next to him.

On a side note, didn't Gerrard once wear a T-shirt in support of Suárez? Hypocrite.

Cloud7

About time racists started getting beaten up. Good job, I say.

Wait.

Well, yeah, according to the Slavia chairman and Kudela...but there's no reason to believe them any more than Kamara (who we haven't heard from yet AFAIK, or been told what he/Rangers are alleging Kudela said).

Unless the microphones picked up what was said - or Kamara confirms what Kudela is alleging ("you're all ugly bastards") but says he interpreted that in a racist way - it'll probably continue to be a messy one.

It actually might be possible that they both agree on what was said, given the rumours on Rangers forums about the "ugly bastards" remark before the Czech journalist posted it.

Hoof the ball

Well, yeah, according to the Slavia chairman and Kudela...but there's no reason to believe them any more than Kamara (who we haven't heard from yet AFAIK, or been told what he/Rangers are alleging Kudela said).

Unless the microphones picked up what was said - or Kamara confirms what Kudela is alleging ("you're all ugly bastards") but says he interpreted that in a racist way - it'll probably continue to be a messy one.
One can only hope that it's a misunderstanding.

Harry190

Bobby ten Hag
Slavia Prague is a dangerous team in this tournament. That's already 2 british scalps they've taken.

manuchamp88

Yeah, like ‘you ugly bastards’ or the like typically elicits such reactions.
Maybe the Rangers guy understood "you" as referring to him and his teammate's skin colour. Or maybe he misunderstood what he said due to his accent. Or maybe the Czech did indeed say something racist. At this point, it's just "he said, they said". Unless, like someone said, a mic somehow picked it up or a camera got a better angle of what the Czech guy said.

Jagga7

I don't believe someone would cover their mouth and whisper "you all ugly bastards" and then run away. Clearly just bullshit to cover up for what he really said.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
Maybe the Rangers guy understood "you" as referring to him and his teammate's skin colour. Or maybe he misunderstood what he said due to his accent. Or maybe the Czech did indeed say something racist. At this point, it's just "he said, they said". Unless, like someone said, a mic somehow picked it up or a camera got a better angle of what the Czech guy said.
Most certainly is he/she, but I am swayed by the reactions. We don’t know the specifics, but what transpired after the verbal interaction on the pitch & after leans, to me, to be more negatively impactful words than a misconstruance of a pronoun (if that’s even a word). We probably will never know, though.

manuchamp88

Most certainly is he/she, but I am swayed by the reactions. We don’t know the specifics, but what transpired after the verbal interaction on the pitch & after leans, to me, to be more negatively impactful words than a misconstruance of a pronoun (if that’s even a word). We probably will never know, though.
The phrase? Yeah, I altered it for the context but I realise it doesn't quite have the same effect as the original. Anyway, you get my point. But hell, maybe the Czech guy even muttered something afterwards in Czech which sounds like a racist word in English. We won't know, as you say. I don't know the way round these sort of things unless every player were to be mic'd up or something.

SAFMUTD

Dismissing and undermining racism
Honestly this racism thing is getting out of hand, if a player does it publicly then I agree he should be punished but if its a thing between players Im sure way worse things are said on the pitch and nobody gives a feck.

SwedishFish

About time racists started getting beaten up. Good job, I say.
Yes and why not bring back the gallow while we're at it and public beatings in the town square...

We really are living in the modern dark ages.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
The phrase? Yeah, I altered it for the context but I realise it doesn't quite have the same effect as the original. Anyway, you get my point. But hell, maybe the Czech guy even muttered something afterwards in Czech which sounds like a racist word in English. We won't know, as you say. I don't know the way round these sort of things unless every player were to be mic'd up or something.
That would be eye opening, everyone mic’d up.

Olly Gunnar Solskjær

Marxist bacon-hating kebab-dodging Tinder rascal
Scout
Honestly this racism thing is getting out of hand, if a player does it publicly then I agree he should be punished but if its a thing between players Im sure way worse things are said on the pitch and nobody gives a feck.
Terribly sorry to hear you're fed up of people calling out racism, it must be really hard for you.

MileStolar

Zidane also had an immediate reaction when Materazzi called his sister a terroristic whore. So no, people reacting to verbal abuse doesn't automatically mean that abuse was on racist basis. I'm not saying that Sparta player didn't say anything racist, I can't know that, but you can't say he did so just because the other guy reacted immediately.

SAFMUTD

Terribly sorry to hear you're fed up of people calling out racism, it must be really hard for you.
Racist is not okay in anysense we all agree on that. I just think its was used in this particular situation to moan with the referee trying to get advantage out of it.

I mean if the player is really insulted by that surely he would have got to the player directly instead of running to the referee.

Again not saying its ok, but Im sure there's plenty of racism towards asians, latins, and all other minorities and still you dont see those players complaining as much.

Most teams have multiple races in the squad, I highly doubt some of those players who share a pitch with their black team mates is genuinely a racist without that being a massive problem in the squad. Its a mental trick, trying to get into your opponents head, but hey we are living in a fragil world today Im sure many will say that its not valid.

Ole's screen

Supports
KC Chiefs
I didn't realize there was this whole racial abuse aspect of the game, but i think that guy should be charged with attempted murder for the challenge on the keeper alone. That was the most reckless and scumbag move I've ever seen, and I'll apply this to the Rangers team in general. They've got such a Stevie Me "if I don't win I'll fecking break your legs" attitude its sickening.

Suedesi

If the claims are substantiated Kudela should face a lengthy ban, as should the Rangers players who reacted with violence. One doesn't excuse the other.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
I didn't realize there was this whole racial abuse aspect of the game, but i think that guy should be charged with attempted murder for the challenge on the keeper alone. That was the most reckless and scumbag move I've ever seen, and I'll apply this to the Rangers team in general. They've got such a Stevie Me "if I don't win I'll fecking break your legs" attitude its sickening.
And many on here don’t understand / don’t want to allow keepers to be able to use their knees for protection.

Dargonk

Ninja Scout
Scout
Has there actually been any clarification on who allegedly beat the player after the game? I doubt it would be any of the Ranger players as speculated in the forum.

Suedesi

Teams like Rangers don't add anything to the competition. They just get outplayed and then resort to vicious tackles/assault when they feel humiliated on the pitch. Classic bullies, two red cards, could have been 3 or 4.

They should just play the champions of Moldova and Faroe Island in a tiered competition, they don't belong in CL/EL.

Sleigh

Supports
Leicester City
Slavia Prague is a dangerous team in this tournament. That's already 2 british scalps they've taken.
Leicester couldn’t live with the type of football. To be honest, it wasn’t exactly the cleanest game I’ve ever seen. Totally under estimated them and paid for it. Sima looked a very good player though.

shahzy

Wait what...

Interval

Level
Looks guilty as feck. How dull do these guys have to be to make it so fishy?

Also the tackle on the keeper wtf was that? Should warrant a lengthy ban too.

RashyForPM

If he was beaten up in the stadium, that means his teammates didn’t even protect him. Just shows what a snidey twat he is.

I wouldn’t kick Slavia out of the tournament though. That would be absolutely unfair on the rest of their players and fans. Big fine and season ban for the guy should do. We’ll see if he continues to be racist after being without a club for 1 year, because Slavia definitely wouldn’t keep a player who can’t play.

Wumminator

The Qatar Pounder
Racist is not okay in anysense we all agree on that. I just think its was used in this particular situation to moan with the referee trying to get advantage out of it.

I mean if the player is really insulted by that surely he would have got to the player directly instead of running to the referee.

Again not saying its ok, but Im sure there's plenty of racism towards asians, latins, and all other minorities and still you dont see those players complaining as much.

Most teams have multiple races in the squad, I highly doubt some of those players who share a pitch with their black team mates is genuinely a racist without that being a massive problem in the squad. Its a mental trick, trying to get into your opponents head, but hey we are living in a fragil world today Im sure many will say that its not valid.
Can we please just ban this poster now.

feck me we have seen some idiotic posts in this thread.

CG1010

@SAFMUTD terrible take on this mate.. instead of assuming that players are just using this as an excuse to run to the referee, do some research on how much racism can affect them.

Sleigh

Supports
Leicester City
I’m not sure I agree with this.

Racism is the worst form of any derogatory remark and shouldn’t be tolerated by the anyone, be it the receiver, or anyone else. His own team mates should call him-out and tell him he’s crossed the line. Many people, Liverpool players included have since come out and stayed how uncomfortable they were with Liverpool’s handling of the Suarez / Evra situation.

Status
Not open for further replies.