Rangnick for next season or Poch in the summer?

Manager choice:Rangnick for another season or pickup a Poch in the summer

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

glazed

Eats diamonds to beat thermodynamics
I worry that Poch has been out of the game for quite a while. Managing PSG doesn't really count as he doesn't get to do what he wants.

But jeeezus wept how dumb are the caftards. You really want to appoint another interim manager???? Don't you ever learn?

hobbers

Neither.

But anyone who'd want to waste more time with Rangnick as manager over Poch is dangerously deluded. We already made that mistake once with someone completely underqualified.

Rangnick is a good firebreak turning a light on just how sick and rotten the squad is, and the club beyond that. But he's clearly not a manager any more.

I dont mind him being a consultant. Being an interim-turned permanent manager though? He's almost as underqualified as Ole. Would be sickening.

Only person I'd want managing us less next season is Brendan.

VidaRed

Unimaginative FC
Neither.

But anyone who'd want to waste more time with Rangnick as manager over Poch is dangerously deluded. We already made that mistake once with someone completely underqualified.

Rangnick is a good firebreak turning a light on just how sick and rotten the squad is, and the club beyond that. But he's clearly not a manager any more.

I dont mind him being a consultant. Being an interim-turned permanent manager though? He's almost as underqualified as Ole. Would be sickening.

Only person I'd want managing us less next season is Brendan.
The poll is not who do we want as our next permanent manager next season.

The poll actually is if we don't get our first choice manager* in the summer then do we stick with RR for another season and get the first choice manager the season after or get poch in the summer and hand him a 5 year contract.

The answer is simple, i'd take another year of mediocrity over five years of mediocrity and so should you.

*Assuming ten hag/enrique/potter are the first choice.

Mainoldo

The poll actually is if we don't get our first choice manager* in the summer then do we stick with RR for another season and get the first choice manager the season after or get poch in the summer and hand him a 5 year contract.

The answer is simple, i'd take another year of mediocrity over five years of mediocrity and so should you.

So what, do we stand still for another season. I mean you typed that out and it made sense to you. Jesus!!

For instance do we not sign no-one again as Ralf is only interim so we don’t want to get a player and have to change him the year after when the proper manager arrives :lol:

Let’s just not replace Paul Pogba and Cavani as Poch is so terrible he’s just happening to walk this French league.

Ayoba

Poster of Noncense.
At this point, we could have the 2nd coming of Pepus Christ and it wouldnt matter one bit. We are cursed, call it the post Fergie curse. 20 odd years of success, it's our turn in the doldrums now. Expect more misery in the coming seasons.

RkkMan

You're making it seem like it's absolutely linear that if we persist with mediocrity under Ralf the next manager that comes in after him instantly fixes our problems without factoring in results could become worse the longer he stays on as a manager meaning the next man will inherit us from a serious position of weakness and that if he would stay on he'd want his signings that fit his vision not the next manager's vision so we'd be in yet another situation where the next man has players he didn't ask for thrown at him and more money needing to be spent to replace those players and add his own. There's simply too many unknowns that makes Ralf staying beyond the summer too risky and frankly foolish when Pochettino and ETH are available and yes I'm saying keeping Ralf is a foolish and riskier decision than hiring Poch

Member 101269

I don’t want Poch, Raif all day. Let’s hope he ships out more but on a permanent basis

Foxbatt

No Poch please. I didn't see the match so can't comment but RR has made mistakes too.

MrSingh2002

I want Rangnick as manager

Or Rangnick as DoF and Ten Hag as manager.

Poch doesn't come into the equation at the moment.

saivet

Would people still prefer Rangnick as manager over Poch in the summer?

redmanx

I wouldnt want Poch at any time of year! Look at his managerial stats -

Tottenham Hotspur2014-05-279999-01-010N/A117464921255.19%
Southampton2013-01-182014-05-270N/A2318196038.33%
RCD Espanyol2009-01-252012-11-270N/A53377016033.13%
Hardly something to get over excited about! In nearly 23 years as a manager he has only won two trophies, both with PSG and with their wealth and players the PSG faithful are from happy with that! In truth there are very few top, top managers available and not many of them would want to take over United in its present toxic state, but Poch is not one of them., I think hes style over substance; he looks good but fails to deliver. Lets see what Ten Hag can do; hes fresh, uncomplicated and has his own mind and ideas.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
Would people still prefer Rangnick as manager over Poch in the summer?
Honestly, depends on how much authority the coach will be given by the Board.

If Rangnick was given a free hand to reshape the first team squad, yes. If its a question of trying to get the best out of the current squad, with maybe one or two ins and one or two outs, Pochettino. Pochettino is less of a systems coach, he's more likely to get a tune out of a dodgy instrument than Rangnick.

Rangnick can only succeed with gegenpressing players who can play his gegenpressing style. If there's no desire to retool the squad for that then best to part ways.

Kaos

Hardly something to get over excited about! In nearly 23 years as a manager he has only won two trophies, both with PSG and with their wealth and players the PSG faithful are from happy with that! In truth there are very few top, top managers available and not many of them would want to take over United in its present toxic state, but Poch is not one of them., I think hes style over substance; he looks good but fails to deliver. Lets see what Ten Hag can do; hes fresh, uncomplicated and has his own mind and ideas.
He also has the lowest win percentage out of all recent PSG managers. Not sure how anyone thinks he'd be able to turn our shower into anything. Top 4 is his ceiling with us.

fergiewherearethou

Supports
Erik ten Hag
Why these options, there aren't any other managers on this planet ? I mean one option is worse than the other.
We saw Ralf here under our noses, hasn't improved us one bit. Poch is overated and I don't think PSG will miss him when he leaves. He managed to lose a title against Lille, not an easy achievement at all. He would be a disaster here.

DSG

Isn’t it just 1 trophy? They are most likely going to win Ligue 1 this season, but it’s not over yet.

I’m no Poch fan, but he’s miles better than Rangnick. He’s better than Ole too.

on another thread I had a list of top 10 managers currently active. Poch isn’t in my top 10.

IMHO, we should have one of the top 10 managers in the world at all times.

redmanx

Isn’t it just 1 trophy? They are most likely going to win Ligue 1 this season, but it’s not over yet.

I’m no Poch fan, but he’s miles better than Rangnick. He’s better than Ole too.

on another thread I had a list of top 10 managers currently active. Poch isn’t in my top 10.

IMHO, we should have one of the top 10 managers in the world at all times.
I agree, but is there a top 10 manager prepared to risk his reputation with us in our current state?

Tavern in the town

This line of thinking amazes me. You are happy to discount Poch’s trophies at PSG because they’re PSG. But you also want to criticise him for not winning trophies at clubs who never win trophies. Does that not seem even a little bit hypocritical to you?

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
This line of thinking amazes me. You are happy to discount Poch’s trophies at PSG because they’re PSG. But you also want to criticise him for not winning trophies at clubs who never win trophies. Does that not seem even a little bit hypocritical to you?
There are two problems here, this is the worst PSG that we have seen since 2012 and it's also not the worst squad that PSG have had during that period of time, so when you consider the fact that PSG are favorites for these trophies the level performances plays a bigger role.

And then there is question about Tottenham never wins titles, do you think that between 2014-2019 Tottenham were expected to perform the way they did in EL, FA cup and league cup?

redmanx

I havent discounted his trophies at PSG, but the French first tier is pretty bereft of quality. United have spent millions over the last few years and managers like LVG, Mourinho and Ole were all slated for their lack of success., just as Poch was at Spurs and has been at PSG.

Tom Cato

Godt nyttår!
The French league is the most lopsided football league there is, its even worse than Bayerns domination in Germany. Its hard to give a domsetic title to PSG a lot of credit. Its a bit like being amazed that Celtic wins the Scottish Premier League.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
The French league is the most lopsided football league there is, its even worse than Bayerns domination in Germany. Its hard to give a domsetic title to PSG a lot of credit. Its a bit like being amazed that Celtic wins the Scottish Premier League.
Since when?

Tavern in the town

I agree completely but why can’t that same logic be applied to his other clubs? Spurs never ever win anything, neither do Southampton. You can’t have your cake and eat it.

DSG

I agree, but is there a top 10 manager prepared to risk his reputation with us in our current state?
Managers that have a pedigree like Ancelotti, Tuchel, Allegri and Simeone, probably if you just pay them a shit ton of money… probably. Zidane, Klopp, Pep, Nagelsmann are out of reach.

Ancelotti will go wherever the paycheck is, and I do still rate him.

After those 8, you are looking at Luis Enrique, Gaultier, Sarri (imho pretty decent), then Ten Hag, Poch, Fonseca, Emery, Lopetegui in the next level who still haven’t won major trophies.

Amadaeus

Pochémon Fan Club Chairman
:lol: this forum never amazes me. Some on here rather get relegated than guaranteed top four and on the basis of getting supported perhaps our highest point total in the premier league and a champion league final. The poch hate on here is so strong it blinds many people perspective on here :lol:. Jesus, looking at the names of those who supported Ralf should be put on noticed hahaha

Credit to @Solius, @JPRouve @Mainoldo , @Levi @sullydnl @Offside @Ibi Dreams @hobbers @Frank Grimes @Acole9 and so much more for knowing the difference between a con artist and a proper manager

Last edited:

m1tch

Yeah 151 people need to have a good look in the mirror. They seem to think the key to football is in equations, data analytics, and philosophies that are only named in other languages (gengen). Whereas there are actual managers out there (as opposed to whatever RR is) who are winning games and titles but without the fluff (or at least not making a song and dance about it).