Rangnick presser v Norwich (A) 12:30 GMT | goes in-depth on Phelan's role

Zoo

Paul Pogba (weeks away from being fit) and transfers. I'm sure Ralf is already bored of the questions.

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
Any doubts for the game?

"We have two or three question marks behind players but they haven't shown up yet. Aaron received one or two knocks in the game. There's still a question mark behind Matic, who had sort of a cold. I wouldn't call it a flu, he had a negative test for COVID."

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
What to expect from Norwich

“They have improved since the change of managers. They play a little bit more direct, a little bit more vertical than they did with Daniel Farke, so it will be a challenge to play at Carrow Road but we want to improve our performance, we want to build on what we showed against Crystal Palace and hopefully get the next win tomorrow.”

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
Rangnick on Pogba and his return

“We spoke over the phone two days ago or on Tuesday. He was still in Dubai, he’s expected to come back today and we will get to know each other in person on Sunday. We had a telephone call for around 10 or 15 minutes and he told me he was getting better. Obviously, he still isn’t fully fit and from what I’ve heard it will take another couple of weeks until he’s fit for training again. He has been out for quite some time so it will take another couple of weeks to get him match fit."
Rangnick on his first seven days

"In the first instance, it was about getting to know the players. We had 45 minutes before Palace and we did quite a lot of video footage with them in order to tell them how we want to play. As we all saw, they did well in that game. Not everything was perfect, but quite a few things worked out well. We were always on the front foot, we had control of the game. Now it's about taking the next steps. What we showed against Crystal Palace was good. We didn't allow them to score or give them too many opportunities."

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
So he's planning to use Heaton by the looks of it.

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
January transfer window

“I’ve got to know them better in this week, I saw most of them play in the two games and had three, four or five training sessions this week, but it’s still too early to speak about what might happen in the winter transfer window. If I look at the number of players we have, it’s still a big squad, we definitely do not have not enough players. We need to make sure that players want to stay here if. If they see not getting enough game time here, it might make sense to speak individually with the players to see if a loan deal might make sense, but right now, it’s still too early to speak about that."

Artimities

hmmm... good bye Lindgard and Pogba. I think the writing is on the wall for the both of them. Matial as well. That would free up room to bolster the midfield and defensive issues.

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
Pretty clear to me that Newcastle will go for Lingard. It's whether he rejects their approach is the question or whether Newcastles interest sparks West Ham to bid and match the offer.

Either way, I'll be staggered if Lingard remains with us. We're stacked in forward options at the moment so no issue if Martial leaves. His progress flat lined a while back.

arthurka

Pretty clear to me that Newcastle will go for Lingard. It's whether he rejects their approach is the question or whether Newcastles interest sparks West Ham to bid and match the offer.

Either way, I'll be staggered if Lingard remains with us. We're stacked in forward options at the moment so no issue if Martial leaves. His progress flat lined a while back.
Elanga should absolutely take his spot, Martial has been nothing short of abysmal for almost two seasons now.

Sassy Colin

Death or the gladioli!
Aliens are in control of my tagline & location

Based on?

Sassy Colin

Death or the gladioli!
Aliens are in control of my tagline & location
They have money, they desperately need PL proven players to push them up the table and avoid relegation. They don't have too many good options in AM, they can expect an immediate impact from Lingard based on his time at West Ham. It's kind of a no brainer really.
So, it's your personal opinion then? So based on nothing more than a feeling you have?

As far as I'm concerned, Lingard can feck off, btw.

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
So, it's your personal opinion then? So based on nothing more than a feeling you have?

Educated guesswork. A lot of the Newcastle fans seem to want him from what I've read and heard on 606. Lingards name keeps popping up. Last thing Newcastle want is to spend cash on players in foreign leagues that take a few months to adapt. They need players that can come in and hit the ground running to push them up.

Redlyn

I was on YouTube and I have never clicked so fast on a pre match conference in my life. He makes them so enjoyable. I heard they call him the professor. Adds up. I do feel he could give a bit less information at times, but not too bothered.

Dazzmondo

Lingard and Martial transfers, Henderson loan (maybe VDB) and at least 1 cm (probably Haidara) all sound likely in Jan. Depending on how bad AWB's injury is, we might go for a rb too.

Dazzmondo

Lingard has been linked to Newcastle in the media, talk of them offering him a £200k per week contract which sounds realistic considering there's no other way he would go to a club that's facing relegation.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
Elanga should absolutely take his spot, Martial has been nothing short of abysmal for almost two seasons now.
Hes going to be a good player for them if the manager puts the arm around the shoulder and sets the team up around him. The problem is he’ll inevitably veer off course again at some point and who knows how long it’ll take him to get back on track and he simply costs way too much money for that. He alright for a team without pressure to win anything.

Irrational.

Makes such a refreshing change from Ole’s vanilla press conferences full of regurgitated cliched buzzwords fed to him by upper management.

RedDevil@84

Lingard has been linked to Newcastle in the media, talk of them offering him a £200k per week contract which sounds realistic considering there's no other way he would go to a club that's facing relegation.
Would they also offer 15M in January for him?

Dazzmondo

Would they also offer 15M in January for him?
Well he's available for free in the summer but then again they could be relegated by then so he might not be as willing to join and if Jesse can help them stay up it might be worth it. If it was another relegation threatened club they probably wouldn't pay £15m but considering the resources Newcastle have I wouldn't be that surprised if they paid a relatively decent sum for him.

Dazzmondo

I wonder whether Newcastle also fancies Jones? He is absolutely the right player for a team fighting against relegation
Compared to the rest of their cbs, introducing Jones would be like adding prime Baresi

BigRon1985

Makes such a refreshing change from Ole’s vanilla press conferences full of regurgitated cliched buzzwords fed to him by upper management.
Agree 100%! He comes across as one of the most articulate managers in the Premier League - I've started to listen to Utd press conferences again for the first time in years......

choccy77

I love listening to this guy.

You feel that he actually knows what he is doing and that he will be rufless if he has to be, to ensure the best from this team.

I noticed Ole's mate has gone missing from the pressers now.

wolvored

I love listening to this guy.

You feel that he actually knows what he is doing and that he will be rufless if he has to be, to ensure the best from this team.

I noticed Ole's mate has gone missing from the pressers now.
Whos that?

They have money, they desperately need PL proven players to push them up the table and avoid relegation. They don't have too many good options in AM, they can expect an immediate impact from Lingard based on his time at West Ham. It's kind of a no brainer really.
Agreed. Newcastle are in a weird spot. Technically they have the money to buy Halaand or Neymar etc but in reality none of those players will go to there at this time. So they’re like Chinese clubs from several seasons ago and have to focus either on older players, players at top clubs not getting football or be the first to get top young players who CL clubs are not aware of or not ready to gamble on.