Rangnick's January Window

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
Not signing Zakaria on the cheap as a backup to McFred seems very stupid to me. An injury to McFred and we will only have Matic as backup and he can't play twice a week.
Pogba is back and if he's motivated then we'll only need one of McT, Fred or Matic at any given time.

Bruno - McTominay - Pogba
Sancho - Ronaldo - Rashford

Matic, Fred, Lingard, Elanga, Cavani​

Who knows, maybe Bruno playing deeper could unlock Pogba? Not exactly holding my breath but Ralf working up some tactical brilliance is our only real hope at this stage.

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
My guess is Ralf is being given no money for new players because he isn't the permanent manager. Said it before, but will say it again: there's a sickness at the heart of our club

Cathy Ferguson

Pogba is back and if he's motivated then we'll only need one of McT, Fred or Matic at any given time.

Who knows, maybe Bruno playing deeper could unlock Pogba? Not exactly holding my breath but Ralf working up some tactical brilliance is our only real hope at this stage.
With a World Cup coming up and the need to justify a bumper deal with Real or PSG then I hope Pogba is up for it. He needs games and he knows it.

TheGame

Lots of games left in the season, we will need to use the squad so another midfield was essential. Stupid decisions by the club.

Ixion

He should just walk. We won't sign anyone he wants and now we won't even let Lingard go despite his approval. He is a puppet and nothing more.

Wayne's World

Absolute disaster of a window. We deserve to play in the Conference League

Never ending cycle of shit while watching rivals win trophies and piss all over us, season in, season out

lex talionis

Cliche perhaps, but the return of Pogba would be like a new signing.

I’d rather we get it right in the summer than getting anyone now in midfield for the sake of getting anyone.

Ranchero

Cliche perhaps, but the return of Pogba would be like a new signing.

I’d rather we get it right in the summer than getting anyone now in midfield for the sake of getting anyone.
Now that really is the verbal equivalent of trying to polish a jobby. We desperately need at least one top class box to box creative and battling midfielder with a football brain and we have sat on our hands while our rivals have all strengthened. The Glazers just don't give a fexk.

James35

Only plus sign of them not signing anyone for him is he won’t be made permanent manager, which is a big worry for me.

UTD_Since_1978

Another deadline day where UTD are doing sod all despite the clear need for a midfielder, I hope the summer window will be worth the wait.

Neilwij

Looks like the only chance of Rangnick getting a decent window this January is if he contacts Safestyle UK.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
Dissapointing but I guess that's part of the downside to putting yourself in a position where you have to hire an interim manager before the January transfer window. It's always going to make things trickier as there's only so much scope to bring players in without knowing who the next manager is. Bad decisions have bad knock-on effects.

croadyman

Now that really is the verbal equivalent of trying to polish a jobby. We desperately need at least one top class box to box creative and battling midfielder with a football brain and we have sat on our hands while our rivals have all strengthened. The Glazers just don't give a fexk.
Yeah the Pogba like a new signing BS will be rolled out by the club to try and keep us quiet

mctrials23

Dissapointing but I guess that's part of the downside to putting yourself in a position where you have to hire an interim manager before the January transfer window. It's always going to make things trickier as there's only so much scope to bring players in without knowing who the next manager is. Bad decisions have bad knock-on effects.
Its not quite that simple though is it. I don't think that signing a decent prospect this January would do any damage to whoever is the next manager and even if they don't use the player, at least we tried. If he helps us get CL football and costs under £50m then hes probably been worth it already. If he becomes a squad player under a new manager, so be it. I'm sure 99% of it is BS but we seem to penny pinch one second and then piss money up the wall the next. Pay players £150k/week to not play for years and renew their contract repeatedly but won't spend in January incase its a waste.

BluesJr

Owns the moral low ground
This will be fun to think back on when in a month we have 2/3 injuries in midfield/up front. Cannot wait.

croadyman

This will be fun to think back on when in a month we have 2/3 injuries in midfield/up front. Cannot wait.
Yeah our clowns board will be left with egg on their faces when this decision backfires

bdspeedy

What else is new? Corrupt, inept board and owners. We will NEVER win ANYTHING as long as we are owned and managed by these clowns.

SparkedIntoLife

Probably the biggest thing I was looking forward to about Rangnick was his scouting network. I thought for sure we'd have already signed a couple of hidden gems by now. Such a shame. I wonder if either he's been restricted (most likely) or if he really doesn't have the scouting knowledge without his actual scouts.

KiD MoYeS

Good Craig got his c'nuppins
The club blew their load in the summer window, and now find themselves needing a lot more investment under a new manager - its no real surprise they haven't dipped their toes.

RonaldoVII

Removed some more deadwood and our key signings aren't available so haven't wasted on punts. Not sure where the panic comes from.

Yagami

Good post resistant
Removed some more deadwood and our key signings aren't available so haven't wasted on punts. Not sure where the panic comes from.
Panic comes from us being terrible this season and doing nothing about it when we've got the chance. Our midfield has been overrun in 90% of the games we play and we do nothing about it. We lose one of the only forwards we can count on to stay fit and produce somewhat decent stuff on the pitch and do nothing about it.

We have wrote off yet another season just like the majority of them since 2013.

RonaldoVII

Panic comes from us being terrible this season and doing nothing about it when we've got the chance. Our midfield has been overrun in 90% of the games we play and we do nothing about it. We lose one of the only forwards we can count on to stay fit and produce somewhat decent stuff on the pitch and do nothing about it.

We have wrote off yet another season just like the majority of them since 2013.
We couldn't plan for Greenwood and which midfielder is available on loan to improve things? No point signing someone in January and being stuck with them once the gap is plugged in the summer. Pogba coming back will help a lot and get us to June.

Ranchero

Yeah the Pogba like a new signing BS will be rolled out by the club to try and keep us quiet
The same polish a jobby blether is being spouted over Arsenal giving Aubameyang to Barca on a free with 18 months to go on his contact. Oooh Arsenal have saved £25m in wages. Seriously. That is desperate.

Ranchero

The club blew their load in the summer window, and now find themselves needing a lot more investment under a new manager - its no real surprise they haven't dipped their toes.
We could have gone into the loan market.

Thiagoal

Have we really removed the deadwood though? As far as I can see they will all be back in July re-bloating the squad!

Yagami

Good post resistant
We couldn't plan for Greenwood and which midfielder is available on loan to improve things? No point signing someone in January and being stuck with them once the gap is plugged in the summer. Pogba coming back will help a lot and get us to June.
Greenwood is a tricky one, sure. It wouldn't have been impossible to get another forward, though. As for the midfield, well, that's been needing investment for years, and there were options this window. There were a few players from Juve alone we could've tried for. Arthur was available for loan, Kulusevski, Allegri won't use Kaio Jorge. There are lesser hyped midfielders who I think are brilliant like Darder and Amrabat we could try for.

Sure, not great options, but it's better than giving up, imo. I think bringing in some new life could've had a positive impact, and we need all the help we can get if we want to get top 4 and maybe win the FA cup. Look at the impact Bruno and Ighalo made a few seasons ago.

As for Pogba, I like him, but let's be honest, we were terrible even when he was in the team. I think we'll regret putting our eggs in that basket because, as good as he can be, we've seen it isn't enough already.
I didn't see any midfield player of note available for loan this window, was there any?
Arthur

Reynoldo

How good is he then?
Honestly I don’t know but we are woefully short in midfield and one injury away from a crisis. And as others have said, for that price, he could be sold for a profit if he didn’t work out. It’s about as low risk a transfer as you can get.

TheReligion

Abusive
Honestly I don’t know but we are woefully short in midfield and one injury away from a crisis. And as others have said, for that price, he could be sold for a profit if he didn’t work out. It’s about as low risk a transfer as you can get.
What’s the point in just going for players who might not be good enough when we have one’s at the club like Hannibal who could play?

We’ve been trying to shift players for ages. It’s bad practice

KiD MoYeS

Good Craig got his c'nuppins
Juventus wanted an eighteen month deal I read, which would result in the new manager being stuck with him and not necessarily rating him. Also Arsenal didn't find a deal straightforward.
Zakaria was effectively cheaper then a loan move I’d say?
Like above, the new manager would then inherit Zakaria and we are unsure if he is a player that would suit a new system/style.