Rank the Fastbreakers

Desert Eagle

Punjabi Dude
With Amads winning goal starting off with a 2v1 with him and Garnacho, it got me thinking who is actually our best duo 2v1. Which pair of players do we think would end up with the ball into the back of the net more times than the others;

1) Rashford/ Bruno
2) Garnacho/Rashford
3)Rasmus/Garnacho
4)Bruno/Rasmus
and plenty of other combinations.

I'm going to go with Rashford/Martial providing both are fit and on form. They have a good understanding and have that elusiveness to get a shot away. Gimme the experience over the youth right now. Who would be you top united fastbreak duo?

Dion

Rashford + 1, it definitely used to be Martial but maybe now Hojlund.

Scandi Red

Hates Music.
1. Ammar Ramadan
2. Ramadan Sobhi
3. Mohammed Ramadan
4. Ramadan Ramadan
5. Ramadan Mohamed

CallyRed

Normally an Iftar box from my local chicken shop. I'm not even a Muslim but its peng.

Brightonian

Rashford-Hojlund.

This is one of the things Garnacho will get better at over the next two seasons. Currently he's not always clinical in these situations.

Bruno is the one you want delivering the pass to release the 2v1.

If we're talking raw capacity, funnily enough Martial is probably the best of all. But since he can't run or play football he's probably not a sensible pick.

Amad, for what it's worth, saved that 2v1 after Garnacho's under-hit pass in a way I wouldn't have bet on any of our forwards to pull off. We've seen so many well executed breaks this season ruined at the end by daft things like that.

Desert Eagle

Punjabi Dude
Rashford-Hojlund.

This is one of the things Garnacho will get better at over the next two seasons. Currently he's not always clinical in these situations.

Bruno is the one you want delivering the pass to release the 2v1.

If we're talking raw capacity, funnily enough Martial is probably the best of all. But since he can't run or play football he's probably not a sensible pick.

Amad, for what it's worth, saved that 2v1 after Garnacho's under-hit pass in a way I wouldn't have bet on any of our forwards to pull off. We've seen so many well executed breaks this season ruined at the end by daft things like that.
I agree Garnacho needs to work on it, he still gets his feet tangled up too much.

Rashford and Rasmus would ideally be it but they haven't really had good chemistry so far. Maybe the stats say otherwise though

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
Garnacho Hojlund Neto

diarm

Being effective on the break is about more than pace and technical ability. It's about knowing what pass to make and when.

Rashford is too selfish to be a great exponent of the counter. Garnacho is young and improving in this aspect, but even at the weekend - I think the reason Amad had to break wider, was that Garnacho gave him a pass intended to be passed back, rather than putting it into his stride perfectly.

Watch Rooney and Ronaldo from 2006-2009 for the perfect pairing. Two players who absolutely filled their boots with goals throughout their careers, but who would give perfectly timed and weighted passes to ensure a counter was executed in the fastest and most efficient manner possible.

For a team who want to play this style of football, I wouldn't say any of our squad are great at it yet.

Eric_the_Red99

I just think that having two or three players with genuine pace on the pitch at the same time makes all the difference. It’s so much harder to defend against when a quick break involving multiple players can hit you from anywhere on the pitch.

FrankWhite

Not Frank White
This is interesting, I wonder if there's a conversation rate stat out there for this. Of our current crop, I'll pick Bruno and Rashford. Garnacho is still not there for me. His timing of runs, dribbling and finishing need to improve. In a year's time, I'll expect him to be better than Rashford.