Raphael Varane | Signed for United!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GailSpaceWynand

Yes, I signed up with this name.
I can't believe how people cannot see the difference between this one and the other Real Madrid players we used to linked with.

In the past, we never had any conversation with their players/agents for transfer. That's where you know they were only using us for new contract, too good to be true. This Varane's saga is different, we had an actual conversation with the agent and the player is interested. The fact we are not moving on from him means there is a genuine interest between us and the player and it's still on.

Normally we do the business with the agent/player first before start the negotiation with the club. The fact that reliable journalists said we are now waiting for Real Madrid to give us the price means personal deal with Varane/agent are done and we begin the talk with Real Madrid.
Yup don't understand the pessimism here. We've never had prominent journos linking us with these players just half baked news in tabloids. This time feels different.

Also reasoning seems believable. Varane wouldn't like the fact that Alaba was signed on more wages than him at a position he has won cls/leagues with Madrid at. Arguably Varane is better and may feel he deserves equal wages. (or more)

It may still not happen but this is definitely not like how we are linked with rm players every silly season

Jericho

Yup don't understand the pessimism here. We've never had prominent journos linking us with these players just half baked news in tabloids. This time feels different.

Also reasoning seems believable. Varane wouldn't like the fact that Alaba was signed on more wages than him at a position he has won cls/leagues with Madrid at. Arguably Varane is better and may feel he deserves equal wages. (or more)

It may still not happen but this is definitely not like how we are linked with rm players every silly season
If it doesn’t end up happening it’s no different to any other transfer rumours that never materialised.

Adcuth

You shouldn't post nobody mate. ITK is nobody, they are not journalist.
It was a tweet based on what the original poster that i replied to had mentioned. Doesnt mean that I believe it, and to be honest, even most journos aren't "in the know"

GailSpaceWynand

Yes, I signed up with this name.
If it doesn’t end up happening it’s no different to any other transfer rumours that never materialised.
Sure but the reason for this negativity is that this feels like one of those myriad times we are linked with rm players just for the sake of it.

But this time all thr noises confirm there may be a legible chance. This should ideally be a cause for a bit more optimism than previously. Obviously it may all go to shit. That is always a possibility. Just seems less likely this time

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
It was a tweet based on what the original poster that i replied to had mentioned. Doesnt mean that I believe it, and to be honest, even most journos aren't "in the know"
Why post nobody just to answer the question? Why can't we just say, yeah this hasn't been reported at all. This thread is filled in with too many fraud tweets recently. Incredible.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
If it doesn't end up happening then it's likely because we couldn't find an agreement with the club (Real Madrid) like the Sancho saga last season or Sergio Reguilón last season. Not because it's no different to those Ramos and Ronaldo ones which we never have any contact with them because the agent only used us for improved contract.

Scholsey2004

There were a few tweeted mentions of Joachim Andersen being on our radar recently. Could be the backup otion if the club feels Varane is using us for negotiating purposes. Right footed, good in the air and a good passer of the ball. Alternatively could be a little prod in Real's direction (and possibly Varane's) to make a decision more quickly a la Coman during the Sancho transfer

TheLord

No most good players want to play for Madrid. They look at that as the pinnacle. That's why you hear of so many players say they want to go there.
Hardly any top player would go to Madrid if it didn't offer a very good pay package and global stardom, which in turn is 'cashable.'

Most top players have an approximately 10-year window where they need to earn enough to bask in warm sunshine for the rest of their lives. Money is the primary motivation for players to choose a certain club in modern football; the history/legacy of the club pales in comparison.

Shiva87

Hardly any top player would go to Madrid if it didn't offer a very good pay package and global stardom, which in turn is 'cashable.'

Most top players have an approximately 10-year window where they need to earn enough to bask in warm sunshine for the rest of their lives. Money is the primary motivation for players to choose a certain club in modern football; the history/legacy of the club pales in comparison.
This second para is no longer relevant in the context of modern footballers. Was true perhaps till 2010. The modern footballer earns so much in weekly wages that 2-3 years salary at any PL or top club in Spain or Germany is good enough for the rest of their lives.

Money cannot be the primary motivation after that. It is more likely lifestyle, chance of maximizing trophies, children's education, and cultural sensitivities.

Explains why a number of top players consider PSG over United for example.

cyberman

This second para is no longer relevant in the context of modern footballers. Was true perhaps till 2010. The modern footballer earns so much in weekly wages that 2-3 years salary at any PL or top club in Spain or Germany is good enough for the rest of their lives.

Money cannot be the primary motivation after that. It is more likely lifestyle, chance of maximizing trophies, children's education, and cultural sensitivities.

Explains why a number of top players consider PSG over United for example.
Who have we lost out on to PSG?

littleman

The only people who think that the big salaries everywhere mean that money no longer means anything to footballers, are people who have never made much money.

It’s a beast, whole societies and nations get warped by this powerful force. Wars are fought over it.

That whole romanticism around “enough” is funded by rarities like Totti and Le Tissier but they stand out precisely because they’re the exception and not the norm.

Adcuth

Why post nobody just to answer the question? Why can't we just say, yeah this hasn't been reported at all. This thread is filled in with too many fraud tweets recently. Incredible.
I didn't think 1 tweet compared to some of the nonsense posted by actual forum members would be that big of a deal

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
I didn't think 1 tweet compared to some of the nonsense posted by actual forum members would be that big of a deal
A non-sense tweet is still a non-sense post mate. There is a reason why the forum noted not to post from BS account.

Shiva87

Who have we lost out on to PSG?
The point I'm making is not that we have lost out on someone to PSG. It's just that 10 years ago, Man United would have been the top 2 - 3 destinations for players because of our ability to pay the big bucks, and players wanting to maximize their earning years. (compromise on weather, etc would be acceptable). It still will be for a number of players who are driven to win.

But a lot more of the top players won't consider us as the pinnacle of their careers in the same way because other clubs like PSG, Madrid can offer different things.

Edit: Didn't want to divert from my point, so didn't highlight that Hererra rejected a renewal with us to go to PSG.

wolvored

Every top player is guaranteed a big pay packet nowadays regardless of which top team they play for. Some get loads more than others obviously, but by the time they have played their 10 year window as you put it, they are all multi millionaires. So its not just the money that attracts them to Madrid. They are probably the worlds 'glamour' club for most world players, Barca just behind.

We need an rvn

The point I'm making is not that we have lost out on someone to PSG. It's just that 10 years ago, Man United would have been the top 2 - 3 destinations for players because of our ability to pay the big bucks, and players wanting to maximize their earning years. (compromise on weather, etc would be acceptable). It still will be for a number of players who are driven to win.

But a lot more of the top players won't consider us as the pinnacle of their careers in the same way because other clubs like PSG, Madrid can offer different things.

Edit: Didn't want to divert from my point, so didn't highlight that Hererra rejected a renewal with us to go to PSG.
Completely disagree with your point highlighted above as we still pay big bucks, stupidly so in some cases (DDG). The difference between now and 10 years ago is we're winning feck all compared to back then.

edit: I also don't see many players seeing PSG as a pinnacle of their career. We all know why most players chose to go to PSG

Shiva87

Completely disagree with your point highlighted above as we still pay big bucks, stupidly so in some cases (DDG). The difference between now and 10 years ago is we're winning feck all compared to back then.

edit: I also don't see many players seeing PSG as a pinnacle of their career. We all know why most players chose to go to PSG
Exactly my point. Most players choose to go to PSG to maximize dosh + great city, and almost guaranteed league titles.

Don't think they see PSG as a pinnacle of their career as well.

Okay, let me rephrase my point. Even if we guarantee 1-2 trophies a year, why do you think a majority of the players would chose us over Madrid, Barca, PSG, Juventus, Bayern? Almost all these clubs pay great salaries in the same ballpark.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
I can't believe how people cannot see the difference between this one and the other Real Madrid players we used to linked with.

In the past, we never had any conversation with their players/agents for transfer. That's where you know they were only using us for new contract, too good to be true. This Varane's saga is different, we had an actual conversation with the agent and the player is interested. The fact we are not moving on from him means there is a genuine interest between us and the player and it's still on.

Normally we do the business with the agent/player first before start the negotiation with the club. The fact that reliable journalists said we are now waiting for Real Madrid to give us the price means personal deal with Varane/agent are done and we begin the talk with Real Madrid.
We did all this with Ramos and took ages to move on.

Withnail

Some of these fake ITK's just repeat things they have read in those journalists tweets when that specific journalist has basically rehashed something that was posted by another journalist that was privvy to information first. They're not all reliable and some aren't as well connected as others so they basically make shit up just like sad people you're speaking about. So it's not so much a stupid view as a valid opinion.
It's a pretty stupid opinion anyway but more so when that particular guy isn't rehashing anything and has just plucked that out of thin air.

redshaw

For me it's a bit of both, sure he'd say I would like a new challenge or a change but I think this is more born out from the long time disparity of pay between him and Ramos. He's now a senior defender and feels he should be rewarded plus Ramos has now gone, not to the exact level Ramos was getting but a lot closer. If he has to have a pay cut or not get an improvement he will look to move but I feel if they offered a large improvement this looking for a new challenge or change story would evaporate, he's long time pushing for a big wage and will leave if it doesn't materialize.

Seven Seas Sardines

For me it's a bit of both, sure he'd say I would like a new challenge or a change but I think this is more born out from the long time disparity of pay between him and Ramos. He's now a senior defender and feels he should be rewarded plus Ramos has now gone, not to the exact level Ramos was getting but a lot closer. If he has to have a pay cut or not get an improvement he will look to move but I feel if they offered a large improvement this looking for a new challenge or change story would evaporate, he's long time pushing for a big wage and will leave if it doesn't materialize.
One has to wonder why he signed up with a British agency then. Seems a bit elaborate to be a smokescreen.

Adcuth

So he did rehash what a real journalist said and it's reliable info that there's bad blood between United and Real over the super league?
Not beyond the realm of possibility is it, but as I've stated I didn't post it because I believed the tweet. Was basically the first one I saw that related to the post that I quoted.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
I don’t think we should be supporting tweet profiles of previously unknown ITK/Reporters/etc
Let’s stick to what we know

Theo88

i honestly dont quite understand why Neymar and Mbappe and others do choose PSG. does Neymar make significantly more than what he would earn playing for Barcelona?

Is the lifestyle better ? Anyone who had lived in Catalonia would probably pick that area over any other area in the european footballing world.

is it the club ? You could argue any professionals would love the opportunity to play for the best club in the world but that isnt Paris is it ?

Adcuth

Yet you felt the need to defend the guy... Bit weird to be honest.
Wasnt defending him. Was saying that there is just as much bullshit coming from the "proper" journos as people like him. Which is factual.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
It's fair to say Sergio Amara is just a troll sitting in his bedroom having fun, rather than an ex spanish scout who claims to have worked for the club 10 years ago :lol:

How would he have such 'ITK' connections within the club and other players in europe?

It always makes me laugh when they pretend to know what's going on to the little details. unless they know a friend of a friend or a close relative they'd never know.

He should be on the banned list if he isn't already.

Trequarista10

I haven't followed this at all - is there any info/rumours as to whether Varane would be lined up to play LCB or RCB? I believe he can play both but Maguire would probably still be the LCB with Varane RCB?

Offsideagain

Like Sancho, I won’t believe anything until it’s announced. Every window we are linked with dozens of players by the media. Makes good copy for them and fills column inches in the papers, if anyone still gets a paper.

Status
Not open for further replies.