Raphael Varane | Signed for United!

Status
Not open for further replies.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Has he ever put transfer request?
I don't think so, it's not in players financial interest to officially request a transfer. But the rumour is that Zidane convinced him to stay when he came back.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
I don't think so, it's not in players financial interest to officially request a transfer. But the rumour is that Zidane convinced him to stay when he came back.
That make sense. Zidane factor must be big on him (well, for any player also).

manuchamp88

Surely they would just make back whatever benefits they stand to lose with the signing on fee?

JPRouve

Scout
Not that I have a clue but if you are Real Madrid and ideally want to keep Varane then you don't accept an offer until he is back from holiday. Their strategy should be to have Ancelotti and his teammates to talk to him in person for a few days and see how it goes.

JPRouve

Scout
Surely they would just make back whatever benefits they stand to lose with the signing on fee?
It depends on how much it represents and whether the other club wants to pay the difference and if they want to pay it immediately. Signing on fees aren't necessarily paid on signings many players apparently have them as annual/monthly/weekly installments of various sizes.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
If Real Madrid want to sell him we should steer well clear

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
This is what I see: Varane doesn't want to stay, he wants to leave and comes to Manchester United. However, Real Madrid haven't given up and would like to talk to him face to face to find a way how to convince Varane and that's why Real are waiting until he comes back from his holiday. Feck that, Real are trolling, they are still holding grudge of the fax machine, and they want to hold this as long as possible they can go. Just let him go Real and take the money for your Mbappe signing.

Adcuth

This person is a twitter fraud, I can't believe these fake ITKs still gain so much traction
To be fair, I only posted it cause it related to the question asked. I don't think actual journos are worth more than this bloke tweets though to be honest. Its all stolen and rehashed shit to look ITK.

RU Devil

BTW what is Real Madrid's salary cap situation? Should be less harrowing than Barca's but wondering how it would affect their stance on new & re-newal salaries. Figure they have to factor the Mbappe figures for either this year or next.

Concerning Ramos, might be some awkwardness with Mbappe considering he was rallying the troops not to accept salary decreases to fund RM's Mbappe project.

Withnail

To be fair, I only posted it cause it related to the question asked. I don't think actual journos are worth more than this bloke tweets though to be honest. Its all stolen and rehashed shit to look ITK.
Actual journalists aren't worth more than a random twitter bloke making shit up?

Judas

Open to offers
Well this is clearly a stupid view. Of course actual journos views who are actually involved in the game, with genuine links to the clubs involved are worth more than some sad acts who have most likely have quite tragic empty sad little lives, spending time pretending to be someone who people pay attention to on the internet because in reality in their day to day lives no one gives them the time of day.

roseguy64

Not that I have a clue but if you are Real Madrid and ideally want to keep Varane then you don't accept an offer until he is back from holiday. Their strategy should be to have Ancelotti and his teammates to talk to him in person for a few days and see how it goes.
This is exactly what's happening I think. Romano's said we're not sure of the price yet and that's clearly because Real want to try to convince him to stay before entering into negotiations.

Looks like Varane is more leave than stay in his thinking but he's been there for years now so could be tempted to stay but he prefers to go. And Man Utd is the preferred choice if Real can't convince him.

Adcuth

Well this is clearly a stupid view. Of course actual journos views who are actually involved in the game, with genuine links to the clubs involved are worth more than some sad acts who have most likely have quite tragic empty sad little lives, spending time pretending to be someone who people pay attention to on the internet because in reality in their day to day lives no one gives them the time of day.
Some of these fake ITK's just repeat things they have read in those journalists tweets when that specific journalist has basically rehashed something that was posted by another journalist that was privvy to information first. They're not all reliable and some aren't as well connected as others so they basically make shit up just like sad people you're speaking about. So it's not so much a stupid view as a valid opinion.

Redcy

Varane : “the manager spoke to me, told me I am crucial to his plans, and they have made me a big offer to stay at the club I love”

next weeks news right now

peridigm

Appears we’re at the denial stage on the caf. No credible news for several days weeks, then some unknown ITK post some shit on Twitter and all the caf members start with the, didn’t want him anyway, we’re not signing him as it’s just a contract grab, blah blah blah. Be patient muppets. Ole will get his targets.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Appears we’re at the denial stage on the caf. No credible news for several days weeks, then some unknown ITK post some shit on Twitter and all the caf members start with the, didn’t want him anyway, we’re not signing him as it’s just a contract grab, blah blah blah. Be patient muppets. Ole will get his targets.
I was going to ask if this was your first season on the cafe for a second, then saw you've been here since 2011!

I'd say be delighted we got Sancho in, and anything else is a big bonus now.

TrustInOle

The fact that the news has been kind of quiet about any other back up options suggests United very much still think this is on, otherwise we'd be briefing about other targets I feel. Plus after loosing Ramos they won't make it a walk in the park for us, so I agree patience is a must.

peridigm

I was going to ask if this was your first season on the cafe for a second, then saw you've been here since 2011!

I'd say be delighted we got Sancho in, and anything else is a big bonus now.
We’re signing a CB. I can feel it in my vicus.

croadyman

The fact that the news has been kind of quiet about any other back up options suggests United very much still think this is on, otherwise we'd be briefing about other targets I feel. Plus after loosing Ramos they won't make it a walk in the park for us, so I agree patience is a must.
Yeah will admit this is one positive sign but the sooner we get a definite answer either way then can at least move on

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
I can't believe how people cannot see the difference between this one and the other Real Madrid players we used to linked with.

In the past, we never had any conversation with their players/agents for transfer. That's where you know they were only using us for new contract, too good to be true. This Varane's saga is different, we had an actual conversation with the agent and the player is interested. The fact we are not moving on from him means there is a genuine interest between us and the player and it's still on.

Normally we do the business with the agent/player first before start the negotiation with the club. The fact that reliable journalists said we are now waiting for Real Madrid to give us the price means personal deal with Varane/agent are done and we begin the talk with Real Madrid.

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids
I can't believe how people cannot see the difference between this one and the other Real Madrid players we used to linked with.

In the past, we never had any conversation with their players/agents for transfer. That's where you know they were only using us for new contract, too good to be true. This Varane's saga is different, we had an actual conversation with the agent and the player is interested. The fact we are not moving on from him means there is a genuine interest between us and the player and it's still on.

Normally we do the business with the agent/player first before start the negotiation with the club. The fact that reliable journalists said we are now waiting for Real Madrid to give us the price means personal deal with Varane/agent are done and we begin the talk with Real Madrid.
Angel di Maria is still living rent-free in some people’s heads as well.

And the bolded part is something we’ll probably have to keep repeating in the coming weeks.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
You shouldn't post nobody mate. ITK is nobody, they are not journalist.

Status
Not open for further replies.