Raphael Varane | Signed for United!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
I've read it quite a few times.
Doesn't sound particularly close at all.

We haven't tried to bin VDB off. We've supposedly asked about the player, and not even been quoted a price yet.

It takes exceptional optimism to read that as happening soon.
Great stuff, if you had to put a date on it what do you think? 15th?

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Great stuff, if you had to put a date on it what do you think? 15th?
I think by about the 20th of July we'll have heard about him signing a contract for sure.
For Real Madrid.

Pexbo

Supports
Big Days
I think by about the 20th of July we'll have heard about him signing a contract for sure.
For Real Madrid.
Ohhh plot twist!

You really think that? Even after reading that tweet?

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Ohhh plot twist!

You really think that? Even after reading that tweet?
I'd love him here, even though he looked a bit crap for France this summer.

But that tweet has nothing of any interest in it, and you're just being a bit cheeky.

Pexbo

Supports
Big Days
I'd love him here, even though he looked a bit crap for France this summer.

But that tweet has nothing of any interest in it, and you're just being a bit cheeky.
Read it again

Dr. Dwayne

Self proclaimed tagline king.
So we've asked Madrid if they'd sell us the player.

Madrid have said sure, but they;re trying to keep him and if he rejects their contract offer they'll sell him to us but haven;t really thought about the price tag yet.

Once Varane is back from Bim, I think we'll know pretty quickly.

Pexbo

Supports
Big Days
So we've asked Madrid if they'd sell us the player.

Madrid have said sure, but they;re trying to keep him and if he rejects their contract offer they'll sell him to us but haven;t really thought about the price tag yet.

Once Varane is back from Bim, I think we'll know pretty quickly.
Very positive stuff, sounds done doesn’t it Doc?

Pexbo

Supports
Big Days

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
Bissaka Varane Maguire Shaw. That is a league title winning back four. I’m on the train and I cannot stop to switch train to Kounde or Torres.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
We can put a bow on this one. Fabrizio has spoken.

bosskeano

Bissaka Varane Maguire Shaw. That is a league title winning back four. I’m on the train and I cannot stop to switch train to Kounde or Torres.
Very strong back four but if we switch trains it won't be Torres. It would be either Kounde or Romero

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
But still low odds correlates with chances. Follow those. Like i said, i dont remember we have ever announced player with odds like 10/1 or even 5/1. What ever moves odds, it correlates with chances. Even Sancho was 1/20 before we announced it. Same with Pogba, Maguire etc. Coincidence?
I'm afraid you don't understand the difference between correlation and causation then. They do correlate, but it's not what's causing it to be more likely. Odds shorten because more people put money on it and a bookmaker has to shorten the exposure they have to that market, otherwise they'd go bankrupt. All it means right now is a lot of people have money on it to happen, but a lot of people recently have started betting against it happening.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
I think Madrid are awaiting his return to training so they can sit him and Ancelotti together in the hope of persuading him to stay. I can't see Madrid making a decision on him until that happens. But it does seem like Varane genuinely wants to experience a new challenge.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
Apparently, we're offering more in terms of the salary.

Also, this was retweeted by Calabres himself just like the past Tweet.

NYAS

@GatoLoco Is this Calabres guy the same one you said was one of the most reliable sources for Real?

Lj82

Find it very strange that people are questioning why Varane has not "made up his mind" on whether or not he wants to join us, when it's up to Real now to decide if they would sell him to us or risk losing him for free next year. The latest rumor above indicates that Real is making a desperate bid to keep him by offering him 8 million euros a year, which is still very far off what we are rumored to be offering. I can't see him accepting that deal. That doesn't mean he will definitely be joining Utd, but we just have to wait and see. This isn't FM with its compressed timeline.

Status
Not open for further replies.