Raphael Varane | Signed for United!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Withnail

Just because he is ignoring Madrid doesn't mean his mind isnt made up. Its a weird take to fill the vacuum imo. Utd will know what he wants to do and even then I havent heard a report saying Madrid rejected our 50m offer
I just don't think it's unusual to switch off while on holidays and let a decision like that sit for a bit without actively trying to get it sorted.

However, the fact that he's not decided just yet would give me a strong impression he'd stay if the money was right.

Pickle85

I just don't think it's unusual to switch off while on holidays and let a decision like that sit for a bit without actively trying to get it sorted.

However, the fact that he's not decided just yet would give me a strong impression he'd stay if the money was right.
Agree with this. Maybe I'm just a pessimist but everything about this screams to me that he's staying.

Hanky panky

It means absolutely nothing.
Odds more or less correlates with chances. In football matches and in transfers. Of course less in last ones. But still. I dont even remember when we have signed a player with odds 10/1 or so. Offers are usually around 1/10 or 1/20 before we announce deals. Except with youngster when nobody offers odds.

FreddieTheReddie

About work? Would I feck. I'd be switching off for a couple of weeks.
Maybe if you hate your job. But if you were excited about a move you wouldn't stop thinking about it. I've made many important work or school related decisions on holiday. That's how life is for mortal people.

Withnail

Odds more or less correlates with chances. In football matches and in transfers. Of course less in last ones. But still. I dont even remember when we have signed a player with odds 10/1 or so. Offers are usually around 1/10 or 1/20 before we announce deals. Except with youngster when nobody offers odds.
Money is moving the odds here and people are betting based on the information available. The bookies don't know anything more than anyone else about transfers.

Withnail

Maybe if you hate your job. But if you were excited about a move you wouldn't stop thinking about it. I've made many important work or school related decisions on holiday. That's how life is for mortal people.
Nah I'm just a stickler for time-off being just that. We get precious little of it. Literally everything can wait imo.

RU Devil

I'm on the train for another 3 weeks with a departure date of 8/1. After that, I sure hope the club is pushing other options to a close, as I'd hate to start the season in a state of flux.

cyberman

I dont think he switched off, i think hes taking a break before he pushes ahead. Its only in the news vacuum where its said hes undecided but that simply seems to be from not telling Madrid anything. He wasnt reportedly undecided when this broke, we cant really believe both.

Hanky panky

Money is moving the odds here and people are betting based on the information available. The bookies don't know anything more than anyone else about transfers.
But still low odds correlates with chances. Follow those. Like i said, i dont remember we have ever announced player with odds like 10/1 or even 5/1. What ever moves odds, it correlates with chances. Even Sancho was 1/20 before we announced it. Same with Pogba, Maguire etc. Coincidence?

Withnail

I dont think he switched off, i think hes taking a break before he pushes ahead. Its only in the news vacuum where its said hes undecided but that simply seems to be from not telling Madrid anything. He wasnt reportedly undecided when this broke, we cant really believe both.
Taking a break is pretty much what I meant by switching off.

OmarUnited4ever

Nah I'm just a stickler for time-off being just that. We get precious little of it. Literally everything can wait imo.
I agree, unless it's a life-death situation for loved ones, everything else can wait , including work, i don't allow anyone from work to contact me during work.

Edit, ok i screwed up, long day at work :lol:

Last edited:

Eckers99

Michael Corleone says hello
I'm on the train for another 3 weeks with a departure date of 8/1. After that, I sure hope the club is pushing other options to a close, as I'd hate to start the season in a state of flux.
That's Northern Rail for you.

Withnail

But still low odds correlates with chances. Follow those. Like i said, i dont remember we have ever announced player with odds like 10/1 or even 5/1. What ever moves odds, it correlates with chances. Even Sancho was 1/20 before we announced it. Same with Pogba, Maguire etc. Coincidence?
That's because the world and his mother knows a deal is done before it's announced. More and more info comes out and odds fall as it gets more likely.

bosskeano

if believe....no official bid but waiting for a Real price tag? interesting tactic to wait until they give you a price tag instead of just submitting a bid and getting a counter offer

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
We just need this guy and our regular back four is at least not worse than City's back four.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
There has to be one fruitless transfer saga every summer. It's the rule.

The sort of saga, where one week it's all agreed, and imminent, and then 3 weeks later we're "considering" a bid. And so on.

Terms with the player are always agreed about a day into the saga too. That's a given.

Yeah he’s agreed terms but he’s still considering the move? What’s that all about?

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Read the tweet again.
I've read it quite a few times.
Doesn't sound particularly close at all.

We haven't tried to bin VDB off. We've supposedly asked about the player, and not even been quoted a price yet.

It takes exceptional optimism to read that as happening soon.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
How would his reaction from that tweet be sarcastic? This is done.
Because there's not even been a price quoted and we haven't made a bid.

So when someone says "sounds like it's done", it clearly isn't even close yet, so sarcasm could well be the reasoning for posting such a response.

Status
Not open for further replies.