Raphael Varane | Signed for United!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amarsdd

There was a tweet earlier in the day saying United and Real had agreed to a deal in principle. A few hours later and we're suddenly £30 million apart.

How does that happen?
I think you misread a tweet saying Varane and United have an agreement in principle?

Svartzonker

Last Man Standing 2 champion 2022/23
Real Madrid wants to sell, we want to buy. No need to panic, they will agree soon.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Just pay the money, we need him ready for the first game of the season, not 3 or 4 games in. Forget his contract situation this is Varane, get it done

RUCK4444

Just pay the money, we need him ready for the first game of the season, not 3 or 4 games in. Forget his contract situation this is Varane, get it done
Pretty much this. And specifically because of the player profile and the importance that we upgrade this position.

Usually I’m all for bartering the price but this isn’t the one to be feckin around with really. Not over 5 mill Euro’s, it’s Varane ffs.

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
Real playing tricks as always, United negotiating every penny, Varane wants a move, Romano stirs his transfer pasta... still it's happening.

Thread changing name more than Sancho's. Big sign this.

podurban2

If we think we are signing him for 40m were mad, no way they accept that.

What are we rumoured to have actually bid?
Bid? You think we have made an official bid?

AS reported today we are willing to pay EUR 40m, it’s in the thread.

RUCK4444

Bid? You think we have made an official bid?

AS reported today we are willing to pay EUR 40m, it’s in the thread.
The way everybody is going on about us penny pinching sort of sets the tone that we’ve bid low or ‘willing’ to bid low as you put it.

glazed

Eats diamonds to beat thermodynamics
We're offering 40m, they want 70m, logic would suggest a 55m compromise. Pay the fecking money. Bargain of the summer.
Logic wouldn't suggest that at all. That's how you get ripped off. The guy has a market value based on age, contract left and quality. You have to work out what it is.

RUCK4444

Logic wouldn't suggest that at all. That's how you get ripped off. The guy has a market value based on age, contract left and quality. You have to work out what it is.
It’s always what the buyer is willing to pay. There is nothing else.

Nicoseth

Andrei Kanchelskis made me fall in love with Unite
Raphael Varane for 55m is getting ripped off? I disagree. even with one year left on his contract that's a deal. We're apparently looking the same or more for Pogba.

Jim Beam

Gets aroused by men in low socks
We already agreed to paid €85 million in post COVID market for one of the biggest talents in Sancho, 25 more then 2nd biggest transfer this summer (Hakimi to PSG).

Feck them and their valuation of around €60-70 million for a player who wants to leave with a 1 year left on his contract as good as he could be for us (and as much as I would love to see him here). I would like to see another club who will give them that, plus what he wants in wages.

We have all the leverage here. 50 million + maybe some add-ons is more then fair. We would almost certainly accept something like that for Pogba.

Also, and by the look of things, we need and want to add another midfielder to the team, so 10-15 million can make a pretty big difference of adding one or not.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
If the club are happy for the negotiations to keep dragging on in order to make Real panic and accept a fee more closer to our valuation then I fecking hope it doesn’t delay us in pursuing our other targets i.e. a defensive midfielder.
That’s my worry, it’s always been a one at a time scenario with us

glazed

It’s always what the buyer is willing to pay. There is nothing else.
Yes there is. Economics 101 is about supply and demand. At 50p the supply of Varanes is zero and demand is high (wages notwithstanding). You have to find the equilibrium price

Harry190

Bobby ten Hag
Maybe it's because United is a serious club, as opposed to a Barcelona who would offer money they don't have.

GBBQ

Maybe it's because United is a serious club, as opposed to a Barcelona who would offer money they don't have.
I think we know the price, we’re generally happy to pay but we’re negotiating deals for Trippier and (hopefully) a midfielder and will pull the trigger when we have gentleman’s agreements on them. Maybe we’re waiting to see how Pogba pans out too.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Bruno - "Oh no, it will be hijacked by Real Madrid, Barcelona and Spurs"
Sancho - "Oh no, it will be hijacked by Chelsea and City"
Varane - "Oh no, it will be hijacked by Chelsea ...."
Have some faith.
6months later than we should have signed him.
1 year later.
10 years after our first interest.

Until it's done we're all nervous.

Pavl3n

Really curious how are they working? I'm sure Perez is sitting in his office at the Bernabeu, overlooking the stadium, having a fat cigar
Perez:' Dime, what did John say?'
His Assistant:'Senior Perez, senior John said they will give us 45 million y no mas. ?Senior?'
Perez (while puffing his fat cigar):'Hm... No! No possible. Yo quero SIXTY milliones. Habla to John to not bother me anymore today and try again tomorrow.'

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
AS reports RM want €70M, Utd €40M + bonusses.

We're not haggling over 5M, and even if it was, I'm sure those complaining about the haggling are the same ones that lament the Utd tax.
70m all of a sudden?!
They're dreaming!

RUCK4444

Yes there is. Economics 101 is about supply and demand. At 50p the supply of Varanes is zero and demand is high (wages notwithstanding). You have to find the equilibrium price

There is no fixed calculation for this marketplace, each item is unique and are not bars of soap, what we value Varane at might be entirely different to what another club will value him at.

Red Company

Supports
The Peaky Blinders
Really curious how are they working? I'm sure Perez is sitting in his office at the Bernabeu, overlooking the stadium, having a fat cigar
His Assistant:'Senior Perez, senior John said they will give us 45 million y no mas. ?Senior?'
Perez (while puffing his fat cigar):'Hm... No! No possible. Yo quero SIXTY milliones. Habla to John to not bother me anymore today and try again tomorrow.'
:lol:

glazed

There is no fixed calculation for this marketplace, each item is unique and are not bars of soap, what we value Varane at might be entirely different to what another club will value him at.
Yes it's more complicated but the principles apply. There is a market for world class centre backs which tells you Varane's rough value. Of course it's far from exact. But it's how we knew Sancho was over priced last year. Ed is just an accountant at the end of the day.

Poborsky's hair

Supports
Bohemians 1905
The hysteria here, when some shite jurnos including that chancer romano completely make up stories after stories and people believe them. I know this is a muppet thread but chill the heck out, 40mil. rejected, real want 70 what a nonsense, noone knows what exactly is going on. I wouldn't be surprised if we didn't get him in the end. It would be sad but I believe we can make things happen now with Fletcher and Murtogh being instructed by Ole he wants his players and Woody in his final purple patch.. We won't over pay like we were used to too. Think we are in a good position too.

peridigm

Murtough is looking for a nakpin and a pen he can jot down a number on so he can slide it across the table to Perez.

Status
Not open for further replies.