Raphael Varane | Signed for United!

Status
Not open for further replies.

TsuWave

still can't believe this is happening. feel as though it came out the blue. majority of the summer "Sancho, Sancho" then all of a sudden "Varane to United"

Murda Murtough on his j.o.b

TheReligion

Abusive
That's definitely true. General point is that I don't see a balanced midfield linking it all, and it's not a high enough qualify anyway, which is a shame given the rest of the team is genuinely brilliant right now.
I think you'd be surprised how much a good partner for Maguire will change our approach. I don't disagree though we have a few issues we need to address on the middle, especially the future of Pogba as that will dictate the angle we go at it but a number of times we dropped silly points was down to our defending. Failing to win headers or being exposed in behind down the Lindelof/AWB channel.

Shaw and Maguire have a pretty solid partnership and we need a top RCB to partner, and help develop, AWB.

I think this ticks a hell of alot of boxes the more I think about it.

UnRational

Was talking to my neighbour here who's a Madrid fan he's absolutely gutted his boy has the shirt with Varane on it
I'll be doing the same for my boy too when he signs for us :drool:

Compton22

Knows that he knows nothing.
This smells like a brief to the UK press. This has to be nearly done now.

Infestissumam

yeah this is done. As soon as Stone and Ducker come out with positive tweets and reports you know the club is briefing them.

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
Was talking to my neighbour here who's a Madrid fan he's absolutely gutted his boy has the shirt with Varane on it
I'll be doing the same for my boy too when he signs for us :drool:
Kidnap his dog/cat/any pet he has, dress it in Varane ManUnited shirt and return it home.

Walters_19_MuFc

Still feel this is miles away but its obviously looking likely it will happen now.

Personal terms is good but the agreement between the two clubs regards to price will take a while, won't it?

Seemed to be the case with Sancho, as I'm pretty sure we agreed personal terms quite a bit of time before agreeing a price between the teams.

Either way, hopefully we can get it over the line.

On paper, I'd say we'd have the best back four in the league.

WPMUFC

Manchester United are edging towards a deal with Real Madrid defender Raphael Varane after more positive talks over the weekend.

Varane, 28, has told Real he has no wish to extend his current contract, which still has a year to run.

United are in discussions with the France international's camp and Real.

No agreement has been reached yet over a fee but there is an increasing feeling that talks will eventually reach a successful conclusion.
LETS GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

buchansleftleg

Out of interest, how does a large sum of money like 40m get transferred? Is it a bank to bank transfer or would they involve a 3rd party like a solicitor or an investment bank?
Generally the payment is routed through the FA accounts so that everything is "above board" and they then forward onto the other club to ensure there is no scope for disputes. Things like direct payments to agents, "image rights" etc are much more opaque and leave room for potential tax issues so clubs often put the bulk fees through this method to avoid issues and for scheduling payments at times agreed in the transfer agreement.

So for example City kept sending money to various clubs for a number of years marked "RE - Ballotelli" because of the amount of sell-on clauses and various other things attached to the transfer.

Last edited:

Compton22

Knows that he knows nothing.
Still feel this is miles away but its obviously looking likely it will happen now.

Personal terms is good but the agreement between the two clubs regards to price will take a while, won't it?

Seemed to be the case with Sancho, as I'm pretty sure we agreed personal terms quite a bit of time before agreeing a price between the teams.

Either way, hopefully we can get it over the line.

On paper, I'd say we'd have the best back four in the league.
I actually think it's quite close but we'll see

Status
Not open for further replies.