Raphael Varane | Signed for United!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jonesno.8

One of those you see as a real upgrade but hate the thought that we are likely being used for either a contract/ wage or sales pitch using us as mugs again. Thought he was v good today.

Separate note, how do I propose a new thread here. Not quite a fullfuller yet. Would love one Kalvin Phillips to hear peoples opinion.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
His heart seems to be set for money, if rumours are correct.
Why would you say that his heart is set on money when United is one of the clubs that pay the highest wages in the world and that the rumour(a weak one) only says that he wants to return in France.

A-man

Why would you say that his heart is set on money when United is one of the clubs that pay the highest wages in the world and that the rumour(a weak one) only says that he wants to return in France.
Well if he returns to Lens then I’m wrong, but it’s not like he will pay for nothing if he moves to PSG. He will make the same kind of money there as he would at United. It’s probably a combination of money and other things.
Well reckon we could give him a big offer than them if that was indeed the case
Yes but then we’ll sacrifice other parts. Varane is a top CB, but I have never seen him play without a top DM in front of him.

JPRouve

Scout
Well if he returns to Lens then I’m wrong, but it’s not like he will pay for nothing if he moves to PSG. He will make the same kind of money there as he would at United. It’s probably a combination of money and other things.
You suggested that if he picked PSG it would be for money but the rumour tells you that he wants to go back to France, that's your reason according to the rumour.

A-man

You suggested that if he picked PSG it would be for money but the rumour tells you that he wants to go back to France, that's your reason according to the rumour.
Ok, misunderstood you. The rumours Inhear is that he wants more money to stay in Madrid or else he’ll move. But then , only rumours.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
He's the perfect foil for Maguire.

A skillful, quick, strong ball defender who's very comfortable on the ball. Also good in the air while being naturally imposing. He makes so much sense but you know the club won't get it done.

JPRouve

Scout
Ok, misunderstood you. The rumours Inhear is that he wants more money to stay in Madrid or else he’ll move. But then , only rumours.
That rumour makes no sense since he is allegedly not negotiating with Real Madrid who have tried to increase his wage for the past 24 months and Varane hasn't responded. The long standing rumour is that he wants to leave and play somewhere else because he won everything at Madrid.

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
That rumour makes no sense since he is allegedly not negotiating with Real Madrid who have tried to increase his wage for the past 24 months and Varane hasn't responded. The long standing rumour is that he wants to leave and play somewhere else because he won everything at Madrid.
Yeah, people thinking it's a ploy for a raise because of Ramos have to consider the fact some players do want to see elsewhere before they get too old. There's really nothing left for Varane in Madrid.

JPRouve

Scout
Yeah, people thinking it's a ploy for a raise because of Ramos have to consider the fact some players do want to see elsewhere before they get too old. There's really nothing left for Varane in Madrid.
I don't know what Varane is going to do but one thing is clear is that his agents said a while ago that Varane was thinking about leaving and that he wasn't in negotiations with Varane until he decides what he wants to do. Solid reports have said that Madrid have tried to start negotiations but Varane didn't respond. So I would be very surprised if he was playing the long game since late 2018, that would be longest negotiation trick ever.

A-man

Rumour here and rumour there. What can he win elsewhere that he hasn’t already won at Madrid? League one? Madrid has tried to increase his wages, but has it been high enough?

JPRouve

Scout
Rumour here and rumour there. What can he win elsewhere that he hasn’t already won at Madrid? League one? Madrid has tried to increase his wages, but has it been high enough?
It doesn't matter how high if the player and his agent aren't listening to offers. And the point of leaving is seemingly to live something else, somewhere else, it seems that it's similar to Ronaldo going to Juventus.

Harry190

Bobby ten Hag
It doesn't matter how high if the player and his agent aren't listening to offers. And the point of leaving is seemingly to live something else, somewhere else, it seems that it's similar to Ronaldo going to Juventus.
He just wants more moolah. Not a little bit more, a lot more.

Highfather_24

I've not seen him play a lot or atleast focus on him. Is he strong/fast? I know he is good on the ball, but he really needs to be strong and fast to complement Maguire.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
I've not seen him play a lot or atleast focus on him. Is he strong/fast? I know he is good on the ball, but he really needs to be strong and fast to complement Maguire.
Absolutely rapid. He’s probably lost a yard of pace at 28 but that would still put him as the quickest CB in the EPL. I don’t think there’s a single player in the EPL he couldn’t match in a foot race, especially if they were carrying the ball.

A-man

Ok I understand what you mean, although Ronaldo got quite an upgrade in salary when he moved to Juventus. For a players like Varane, I assume it is a balance. A club with a project he believes in and also big money.

A-man

Euro 20 will be like a big shop window for the French players to advertise themselves. Mbappe, Varane, Pogba... great players all playing along other great players that will make them shine even more. Think it is the value for those French players who are about to negotiate contracts or transfers will increase during the tournament.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
No in all seriousness he’s top drawer and what we should be aiming for if we want to make up the distance to city
Precisely. We can’t be faffing around with unknown entities like Pau Torres, Milenkovic, Ben White, or even Kounde. Varane is right here right now with the CV to back it.

Floyd

Doesn't like his Tagline played with
I thought we didn’t play low block...

(just kidding, but it would be interesting to see him for France with a high line)
He sure as hell has got the pace for it. There's more to it than pace though, could he hold the line etc?

ColvaleGoa

Ramos V2.0.

Nothing to see here except the announcement that he has signed a bumper new contract with Madrid after Euro's.

RoyH1

Ramos V2.0.

Nothing to see here except the announcement that he has signed a bumper new contract with Madrid after Euro's.
Nah. The Spanish press consistently saying that he's not even negotiating. I think he's done with Madrid. Has been there a decade, won 4 Champions leagues and then some more. He has nothing left to prove and wants a final BIG payday.

PSG makes so much sense for him.

Green Arrow

I think at the time when we were first looking at him he had his heart set on moving to Real Madrid and then we went for Phil Jones instead. Would love to see Varane at Utd but don't see it happening.

RoyH1

He would be great at United but no chance he's coming to us, it's one of those signings that makes far too much sense to ever come to fruition.
I wouldn't say no chance, but we would have to blow any other offer to player and Real out of the water.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
Ramos V2.0.

He hasn't even looked at Madrid's contract offers. At least Ramos was doing that and rejecting them. That alone should indicate that he's strongly considering leaving the club.

Status
Not open for further replies.