Raphael Varane | Signed for United!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rolaholic

With the world cup in 18 months, is it a bit of a risk for him to move to a new country? Not sure what the CB situation is like for France.
He's one of the teams leaders and Deschamps favorites so he'll likely have a place in the team regardless of where he plays and his form as long as Deschamp has the job.

Just like Giroud

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Didn't Varane say he opted for Real cause we had signed Jones and didn't like the idea of that competition?
Apparently he eventually picked Madrid because Mourinho told him that he was the third option not the fourth one. Before that he was supposed to go to United regardless of Jones being there.

Tom Van Persie

No relation
Didn't Varane say he opted for Real cause we had signed Jones and didn't like the idea of that competition?
I'm not sure about that it's possible and obviously the pull of Zidane/Mourinho is what made him sign for Madrid but it wasn't Jones or Varane that I see being spread around social media recently.

Rolaholic

I think Varane and Sancho make us genuine title contenders.
A decent DM to boot and number 21 will be on the way.

Not getting my hopes up too much though in regards to Varane and Ramos given how things usually tend to go when we try to sign Madrid players

zenith

How is it that no one has mooted a pogba and varane swap deal. Considering that we are not likely to get over 40 to 50 million for pogba and varane contract situation is similar.

Is there like zero interest from Madrid on pogba

JPRouve

Scout
How is it that no one has mooted a pogba and varane swap deal. Considering that we are not likely to get over 40 to 50 million for pogba and varane contract situation is similar.

Is Pogba interested in a Madrid rebuild?

JPRouve

Scout
At this point I think he’d much rather go to PSG. More money, less of a mess, it makes much more sense to me.
I think that it's Juventus on a free or United.

Cloud7

I’m as excited about the potential of this transfer as I am about Sancho. I genuinely think a top class CB alongside Maguire could be transformative to our team.

King7Eric

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
It's a proper league with proper clubs. Why people feel the need to be insulting?
The club in question is PSG who are financially doped to the point that they are in a totally different league compared to the rest of the French clubs. That's what I meant. I wasn't insulting the French clubs or league as a whole. Just the fact that going to PSG is a far more comfortable prospect than going to any club in the Premier league.

Cloud7

Cant help but think it’s just contract negotiations with his agents using United’s name.
I can’t help but think that as well, but some part of me is unable to stop from getting excited over the prospect. The last time we had a proper top class CB pairing was Rio and Vidic. It’s been ten years of having substandard CB’s there.

Zoo

Madrid are skint.

Schmeichel's Cartwheel

If he wants to come & is available for the price quoted it should be an absolute no brainer. Bigger priority than Sancho in my opinion.

Classical Mechanic

I can’t help but think that as well, but some part of me is unable to stop from getting excited over the prospect. The last time we had a proper top class CB pairing was Rio and Vidic. It’s been ten years of having substandard CB’s there.
It would be an incredible signing indeed. Great for the dressing room too.

A-man

If he wants to come & is available for the price quoted it should be an absolute no brainer. Bigger priority than Sancho in my opinion.
I don’t think 40-60 millions would be an issue. That’s what Fred cost. The issue might be the salary he wants which is likely to be at least £300 000 per week. Then Maguire wants higher salary. And Luke Shaw. Bruno. ...

Schmeichel's Cartwheel

I don’t think 40-60 millions would be an issue. That’s what Fred cost. The issue might be the salary he wants which is likely to be at least £300 000 per week. Then Maguire wants higher salary. And Luke Shaw. Bruno. ...
Bruno just got a new contract. Varane is a World Cup winner & a multi time champions league winner. Maguire & Shaw haven’t won anything, they have no claim to a salary level with Varane.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Bruno just got a new contract. Varane is a World Cup winner & a multi time champions league winner. Maguire & Shaw haven’t won anything, they have no claim to a salary level with Varane.
Bruno's not signed a new contract yet.

A-man

It can be a problem, especially if Varane would underperform in relation to his salary.

JPRouve

Scout
They should ask anyway and the club will decide if it agrees with the players demands or not. People are making way too much out of this kind of things, it's not as if agents based their wage demand on teammates, they base it on what they believe the average market is for their client which means all players of similar caliber in similar clubs, they try to have a map of the wage market.

So for example Bruno isn't going to base his demands on how much his teammates earn but on how much other top players earn whether they are playing at United, Liverpool or Juventus is irrelevant because for the player the alternative is to leave on a free and get what he believes is market value or he will ask for a transfer.

JPRouve

Scout
All teams think like that. You need to have salaries that the players feel are fair or you’ll end up with problems. Like Madrid now when Varane has much lower salary than Alaba.
No club think like that because wages aren't public. And Varane think about leaving since 2018, it has nothing to do with Alaba.

SATA

I think it’s safe to say this time he won’t be renewing his contract with Real Madrid. Some bridges also seem to be already burnt between player and club though it can always be mended by money

Rolaholic

I think it’s safe to say this time he won’t be renewing his contract with Real Madrid. Some bridges also seem to be already burnt between player and club though it can always be mended by money
I wouldn't have entertained it had Zidane still been in charge honestly but with him out anything can happen it seems.

I was genuinely shocked to hear that Ramos will finish his career elsewhere last week.

Real Madrid rarely have straight forward and uncontroversial exits for their club legends so I wouldn't be surprised if Varane really does want to look for greener pastures elsewhere

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
I think that it's Juventus on a free or United.
What's your view on Varane as a potential signing for us? I'm sure you'd know better about the French players too. Do you share a sentiment that he might have gotten more passive or does he still have that explosiveness in him?

Status
Not open for further replies.