Raphael Varane | Signed for United!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
RM are also keen on selling him with the last couple of years relatively underwhelming.

We shouldn’t fund their Mbappe bid.
What does it matter? He more than likely wants to go to Real and Real want him. He's going to end up there whether we 'fund' their bid or not.

Is this guy reliable by the way, that you posted earlier? @Adnan

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
A signing like Varane still sounds remote to me. If we did complete a deal with him it would likely also make Pogba reconsider I reckon.

TrueRed79

Nobody knows Varane's intentions but from our perspective, in terms of where we are at and what we can offer, i simply cannot see a player like him leaving Madrid in his prime to come to us.

thepolice123

They do have Nacho and Militao though who are easing in nicely. Wouldn't put it past them to go for someone like Pau Torres either.
Easing in the young Nacho who will be 32 next year? :lol:

Varane isn't going anywhere with Zidane as the manager.

SwedishFish

Easing in the young Nacho who will be 32 next year? :lol:

Varane isn't going anywhere with Zidane as the manager.
Well, they are filling in for the injured Ramos-Varane. Militao looks destined to keep that spot for the long term.

Like I said I wouldn't put it past Real to go for someone like Torres and have Nacho as a rotational option. Ramos who seems reluctant to sign a new deal (but still might) and Varane could very well go.

That being said it wouldn't surprise me if they give them both new deals sooner rather than later, this is classic negotiation tactics.

EDIT: Forgot about Alaba, that might very well open the door for one or both to leave.

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
There’s a high probability of Real signing Alaba to strengthen their defense (he has confirmed that he’s leaving Bayern and he has stated his preference of Spanish football on multiple occasions), so it’s not like they’re going to be absolutely desperate to keep him at all costs.

But I still doubt that he’ll leave Madrid (and PSG is going to be the most likely destination if he does, I’m sure, even though I haven’t seen any links). I’d love to see him here, but I’m not getting my hopes up.

ShinjiNinja26

He’s about as close to signing as Ramos was. Never trust links to any Real Madrid players, he’ll be angling for a fat new contract like everyone else is when these rumours pop up.

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
Nobody knows Varane's intentions but from our perspective, in terms of where we are at and what we can offer, i simply cannot see a player like him leaving Madrid in his prime to come to us.
Sometimes players make unexpected career choices though. Like Thiago leaving the best team in the world to join Liverpool because he wanted to try something different.

I’m not saying that this will definitely happen, but there’s always an outside chance.

thepolice123

Well, they are filling in for the injured Ramos-Varane. Militao looks destined to keep that spot for the long term.

Like I said I wouldn't put it past Real to go for someone like Torres and have Nacho as a rotational option. Ramos who seems reluctant to sign a new deal (but still might) and Varane could very well go.

That being said it wouldn't surprise me if they give them both new deals sooner rather than later, this is classic negotiation tactics.

EDIT: Forgot about Alaba, that might very well open the door for one or both to leave.
Militao hasn't been good this season and I don't think Zidane rates him either. He is far from destined to keep the CB spot.

They are not that dumb to enter next season with CB options of Militao, Nacho and Pau Torres. :lol:

Giggsy13

Being reported that he may not renew with Real Madrid and a deal between Varane and United is in the advanced stages.
When the big “Exclusiva” graphic came on the screen, I definitely felt this was 100% legit.

SATA

Only concern is his injury prone issues. He seems like a slightly fitter Phil Jones when it comes to keeping fit and he's going to be up to 200k north per week

thepolice123

Only concern is his injury prone issues. He seems like a slightly fitter Phil Jones when it comes to keeping fit and he's going to be up to 200k north per week
He's been indestructible for about 2 years now. Currently out due to the corona. I think since 2017 he hasn't missed much games.

yamo123x

Great if true, but wouldnt surprise me if he ends up signing a contract extension very shortly.

sun_tzu

The Art of Bore
He’s about as close to signing as Ramos was. Never trust links to any Real Madrid players, he’ll be angling for a fat new contract like everyone else when these rumours pop up.
yup

Agreed - the only shocking thing is that some people still continue to believe these rumours

i presume we will be linked again when he is 32 and negotiating over a 1 or 2 year extension with madrid

TrueRed79

Sometimes players make unexpected career choices though. Like Thiago leaving the best team in the world to join Liverpool because he wanted to try something different.

I’m not saying that this will definitely happen, but there’s always an outside chance.
Couldn't agree more, and i post in this forum because i am a bit of a muppet, so i would love for him to join.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
No no no. He's got some issues, sure. But he's galaxies apart from Jones in that department. Jones was last fit at the beginning of 2020 if I recall.

Again, this is probably just posturing, but of course, if there's a possibility to get this done, you get this done. He's the perfect partner for Maguire. Woodward would cream his pants.

JoeyJoJoJrShabadoo

I would spaff myself silly if we got him. I believe its all a rouse for contract negotiations but if he for some reason fancies the miserable Manchester weather then feck yeah

MVBDX

Supports
Real Madrid

This is very true, the general sentiment is that he feels he has won too much, and is looking for something new, and a fat check.

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
Varane was an elite defender at the age of 19. He’s won everything there is to win (bar the Euro but you just wait!). I just haven’t been following him as much lately but I hear he’s regressed quite a bit. My last bit of really watching his every game was the World Cup where I thought he was outstanding.
I would go for it though if it’s for something under 40-50m. He has the pace, intelligence, but he can also create opportunities from the back with his long ball and is a threat on set pieces (although probably not as much as he could/should be).

Okey

Madrid want Pau Torres according to every rumour going. Maybe Alaba as well. Varane has been there 10 years and won everything there is to win. It really won't be a big surprise if he actually wants a move. He's not Spanish. And Madrid would cash out now rather than him leave on a free. For a reasonable fee, this could be a transformational signing.

Okey

Selling us Varane and taking Torres who will give them another 10 years of service isn't really that far fetched an idea.

theklr

Varane was an elite defender at the age of 19. He’s won everything there is to win (bar the Euro but you just wait!). I just haven’t been following him as much lately but I hear he’s regressed quite a bit. My last bit of really watching his every game was the World Cup where I thought he was outstanding.
I would go for it though if it’s for something under 40-50m. He has the pace, intelligence, but he can also create opportunities from the back with his long ball and is a threat on set pieces (although probably not as much as he could/should be).
Think he has to regress quite heavily to not be an upgrade to Lindelof's weaknesses :) but yeah, 40-50 m would be an alright sum.

I probably have written this before, but another strength to Varane is that he is very accumstomed to be cover for slower and more physical CB partner which also commands the defence.

SeanyC

We did, his name was Di Maria, and it was a massive fecking disappointment. No one leaves Madrid for a better situation, steer clear.
Let me rephrase, one that actually wants to come to us :lol:

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
I don't see Real allowing both Ramos and Varane to leave though. I can imagine Ramos going this summer and Real being comfortable with it perhaps with Alaba likely lined up. But to allow Varane to leave on top sounds a bit risky.

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
We did, his name was Di Maria, and it was a massive fecking disappointment. No one leaves Madrid for a better situation, steer clear.
Di Maria didn't want to leave though, and if he had to leave he wanted to go to PSG. They basically forced him out and we were the only option so he unhappily ended up here. Not really the same as Varane who by all accounts Real are desperate to sign to a new contract but he's refusing.

Plenty of players have done well or even better after leaving Madrid. Robben the most notable.

jackal&hyde

He has 40+ games a season for the last 4 years so not really.

Giggsy13

If we can get Varane at £50 million then that’s good business, just don’t see it happening though.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
What does it matter? He more than likely wants to go to Real and Real want him. He's going to end up there whether we 'fund' their bid or not.

I can answer that 2nd question.

El Chiringuito typically aren't too reliable for transfer news, but they seem to have a connection to Florentino Pérez or people close to him. This makes the whole outlet somewhat reliable for Madrid news, and I wouldn't be surprised if Pérez slipped some info to them about Varane and Torres.

Last edited:

Adnan

Talent Spotter

Real Madrid fans on Reddit have him down as tier 5 for reliability (Which is the worst). The journo also covers or covered Man City, and their fans have him down as a tier 2 for Man City news only.

croadyman

Real Madrid fans on Reddit have him down as tier 5 for reliability (Which is the worst). The journo also covers or covered Man City, and their fans have him down as a tier 2 for Man City news only.
Yeah needs someone much more concrete to speak positively when it comes to Madrid news and that clearly isn't him

Paxi

I can answer that 2nd question.

El Chiringuito typically aren't too reliable for transfer news, but they seem to have a connection to Florentino Pérez or people close to him. This makes the whole outlet somewhat reliable for Madrid news, and I wouldn't be surprised if Pérez slipped some info to them about Varane and Torres.
Thank you.

Paxi

Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.