Raphael Varane | Signed for United!

Status
Not open for further replies.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
More conjecture and a rehash of the same old info from AS (the newspaper):

Basically, Real Madrid are not expected to let him run his contract down, and because of that, they'll listen to suitors. In this article, there are no mention of which clubs are interested in him, just that the club are expected to not let Varane go for free. Once again, Varane himself is said to be "seriously considering" leaving this summer, and this is based on the fact that he's yet to renew his contract (not on any info from any particular source).

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
What a twist! From the Transfer Tweets thread:

And just like that, all of AS's conjecture is slowly seeping down the drain.
:lol: Options are running out in most positions, it seems.

Jericholyte2

To everyone saying the story is over with the talks about a contract - that's where this story started! They were having contract discussions, it appeared he wasn't keen to renew, so they're reportedly willing to sell.

They'll clearly still be in discussions trying to get an agreement.

Adnan

Talent Spotter

Being reported that he may not renew with Real Madrid and a deal between Varane and United is in the advanced stages.

Last edited:

SinNombre

RM are also keen on selling him with the last couple of years relatively underwhelming.

We shouldn’t fund their Mbappe bid.

Jacky Quacky

made eight consecutive posts about Fellaini once
If he comes to us I’ll be more sad than happy. Imagine a gomez and Varane link in fifa 22 ultimate team :lol: :nervous:

Mr Smith

Have to say I'm open to this, but I think this only happens as part of a Pogba exchange. I doubt the board are prepared to splash out on yet another expensive CB.

theklr

Being reported that he may not renew with Real Madrid and a deal between Varane and United is in the advanced stages.
Pretty reliable journo it seems. But it still «may not»

red thru&thru

This is when I hate Spanish football not being on Sky no more. I just don't see the players who play in Spain no more and have no sense of how they're playing. I don't like relying on watching just CL, as the bread and butter is always the league.

Jericholyte2

If he’s in the last year of his contract we’d surely only be offering €30-€40m which, for me, would be a no-brainer.

RUCK4444

Cant see Madrid letting him go with Ramos being the age he is as well.

They would be creating an unnecessary problem for themselves in defence.

Edit; would love him here though.

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
Have to say I'm open to this, but I think this only happens as part of a Pogba exchange. I doubt the board are prepared to splash out on yet another expensive CB.
A Pogba Varane exchange would be a completely reasonable and sensible deal to be fair. Both last year of contract.

Obviously that’s assuming Pogba won’t stay.

SwedishFish

Cant see Madrid letting him go with Ramos being the age he is as well.

They would be creating an unnecessary problem for themselves in defence.

Edit; would love him here though.
They do have Nacho and Militao though who are easing in nicely. Wouldn't put it past them to go for someone like Pau Torres either.

Mainoldo

We best not overpay for him. I wasn’t feeling this signing because he’s not as good as he use to be. But if he’s cheap worth a try.

DWelbz19

Players at the very top level rarely just become bad all of a sudden. He may have regressed a little, but he’s still the most high profile and proven CB out there that’s somewhat attainable. I’d much rather get him than take yet another early 20s player who has the risk of not being better than what we have in the form of Torres/Milenkovic/Ben White.

Wixqaz

Supports
Celtic
Players at the very top level rarely just become bad all of a sudden. He may have regressed a little, but he’s still the most high profile and proven CB out there that’s somewhat attainable. I’d much rather get him than take yet another early 20s player who has the risk of not being better than what we have in the form of Torres/Milenkovic/Ben White.
He's also only 27.

theklr

I still don't believe it.
Me neither , why would anyone go from sunny Madrid to rainy Manchester, from Real to United? Dont they pay kinda the same wages as we do as well?

Only explanation that I can see is that there is some sort of a fallout, either wages or otherwise.

Could also be that RM want Pau Torres and they’ll let Varane go to us so we wont go for Pau.

Or the Pogba swap..

izec

Don't want him. Peak Varane would be great, but i don't feel it with him nowadays. Some on here still think he is great, he isn't.

Plus Real will need a CB anyway, they arent too keen to keep him. Players dont leave Real when they don't have to, unless they don't play. So either Real don't value him that much, or Varane is waiting for a payrise. Alarm bells should be ringing either way.

Last edited:

Tom Van Persie

No relation
Don't want him. Peak Varane would be great, but i don't feel it with him nowadays. Some on here still think he is great, he isn't.

Plus Real will need a CB anyway, they arent too keen to keep him. Players dont leave Real when they don't have to, unless they don't play. So either Real don't value him that much, or Varane is waiting for a payrise. Alarm bells should be ringing either way.
Madrid are doing everything to keep him.

saivet

Realistically, how much do we think Real would be asking for him?

DWelbz19

The reports are he is the one who wants out, though. They would definitely be far keener to keep him than have to replace him.

DWelbz19

Realistically, how much do we think Real would be asking for him?
Anywhere from £35-50m sounds about what they’d ask for, I’d say. Thiago to Liverpool was £20m + £5m and he was two years older. A slightly heftier transfer fee is probably what they’d push for.

Floyd

Doesn't like his Tagline played with
I'm a bit wary of his form for the last couple of years, but stylistically he's the perfect partner for Maguire. Really good in the air, great tackler, good on the ball. And what we all in here like in a partner for Maguire; he's pacy as hell, Bailly-esque!

And he likes to play as the right sided CB, meaning Maguire can play at his preferred left side. Yes, I said it.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
I'm a bit wary of his form for the last couple of years, but stylistically he's the perfect partner for Maguire. Really good in the air, great tackler, good on the ball. And what we all in here like in a partner for Maguire; he's pacy as hell, Bailly-esque!

And he likes to play as the right sided CB, meaning Maguire can play at his preferred left side. Yes, I said it.

Doesn't Maguire already play on the left?

JB08

Searches for nude pics of Marcos Rojo
What would be his motivation to play here?

I’m a massive fan of his but I don’t know if this would work out well.

Floyd

Doesn't Maguire already play on the left?
Yes, maybe I should've written that he can continue to play on the left.

But this is a thing because half the Caf want a left footed CB so that Maguire can move to his "preferred" right side. But he's never played there, not for Hull, Leicester, United or England. For Sheffield United I don't know, never saw him there.

theklr

Yes, maybe I should've wrote that he can continue to play on the left.

But this is a thing because half the Caf want a left footed CB so that Maguire can move to his "preferred" right side. But he's never played there, not for Hull, Leicester, United or England. For Sheffield United I don't know, never saw him there.
Think many reliable sources have hinted that Ole also want a leftie, so it mightnot be just the caf.

Floyd

Think many reliable sources have hinted that Ole also want a leftie, so it mightnot be just the caf.
I can only really remember the Ake links, where his leftfootedness apparantly was a huge thing for Ole.

Pau Torres is left footed as well, has that been mentioned as a big plus for us in the links?

theklr

I can only really remember the Ake links, where his leftfootedness apparantly was a huge thing for Ole.

Pau Torres is left footed as well, has that been mentioned as a big plus for us in the links?
Yeah, think so - or at least one of the reasons we like him.

Status
Not open for further replies.