Raphael Varane | Signed for United!

Status
Not open for further replies.

BarstoolProphet

"The delay in Raphaël Varane’s announcement as a #mufc player is down to the defender’s desire to get the coveted No 4 shirt. Sources have disclosed that Solskjær declined to ask Phil Jones to vacate the number for Varane, mainly because he don't want to talk to him, so Varane will most likely choose No 24" [Daily Mail]

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
I don't hate anyone and this isn't exactly costing me very much energy-wise but thanks for the concern. Giving him credit for this is a bit much in my view but carry on.
I didn't say one bit about you hating him nor I gave him credit for the tweet. I'm just saying that when he says ''here we go'' only if he is 100% sure that deal is done or basically won't collapsed. I thought after I told you the meaning of his ''here we go'', you would be much more excited and cheerful but it seems you have a bad day.

Compton22

Knows that he knows nothing.
"The delay in Raphaël Varane’s announcement as a #mufc player is down to the defender’s desire to get the coveted No 4 shirt. Sources have disclosed that Solskjær declined to ask Phil Jones to vacate the number for Varene, mainly because he don't want to talk to him, so Varane will most likely choose No 24" [Daily Mail]
:lol:

Withnail

I didn't say one bit about you hating him nor I gave him credit for the tweet. I'm just saying that he says ''here we go'' only if he is 100% sure that deal is done or basically won't collapsed. I thought after I told you the meaning of his ''here we go'', you would be much more excited and cheerful but it seems you have a bad day.
My reply was to the other fella, not you sorry.

I'm having a great day.

EasyE

Haha yes. Is this cross use of accounts are just bi-polar users? That's absolutely embarrassing.

Kaos

"The delay in Raphaël Varane’s announcement as a #mufc player is down to the defender’s desire to get the coveted No 4 shirt. Sources have disclosed that Solskjær declined to ask Phil Jones to vacate the number for Varane, mainly because he don't want to talk to him, so Varane will most likely choose No 24" [Daily Mail]
Imagine if Varane changed his mind because Phil Jones wouldn't give up no.4 :lol:

Nice of Solskjaer not to ask Jones to part with it though. Phil strikes me as a nice enough guy to have probably been OK letting it go (he did reject the idea of a testimonial, so he's clearly a humble lad). Though I'm sure Varane's probably aware that Phil will likely be off within a season and then the no.4 is his.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Hmm I think getting a DM is vital but lots of names being banged around, there should be a poll started with the top 6 names. Who you think we should get? Or who do you think we'll end up with.
The midfield is hard because really it's both positions that need strengthening. So do we go for the progressive passer first to make us better on the ball, or for the guy who will hold it together positionally who will solidify us off of it? Both are for sure needed IMO. For me, the defensive guy will be far more immediately beneficial though.

dannyrhinos89

OMG socks and sandals lol!
Hmm I think getting a DM is vital but lots of names being banged around, there should be a poll started with the top 6 names. Who you think we should get? Or who do you think we'll end up with.
no idea who’d we get tbh, there’s a few names flying around But most are likely paper rumours.

Declan rice would be the dream but I would happily take ndidi from Leicester if there was a chance. I can’t comment really from abroad players as I don’t really watch the other leagues.

Mickeza

still gets no respect
Deepthroating information to Howard Nurse.
@Hectic
:lol: This just confirms my suspicion there's a bunch of people on here who need to be told something is good by the media or rival fans before they allow themselves to think.
Amen. Nobody was mentioning Neves on here until one shitty talksport article and now he’s the perfect DM despite clearly not being good enough and there being no chance we’re after him. I’ve been on the Varane, Sancho and Rice train (plus a new Pogba contract) since March and that’s where I remain. Do those things and we’re a striker away next summer from having the best squad in Europe.

ChaddyP

I would like to hear the opinions of the "just pay it!" crowd please
To be honest I don't know what maths he's using but we were quoted 120 million euro last year for Jadon Sancho and combined this year with Varane based on reports it would be 117 million pounds. Which is quite a bit more than 120 million euro

Judas

Open to offers
Amen. Nobody was mentioning Neves on here until one shitty talksport article and now he’s the perfect DM despite clearly not being good enough and there being no chance we’re after him. I’ve been on the Varane, Sancho and Rice train (plus a new Pogba contract) since March and that’s where I remain. Do those things and we’re a striker away next summer from having the best squad in Europe.
Has anyone actually said that on here?

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
@Hectic

It's the same every summer. People have their targets going into summer and their opinions are honest. Then when the desperation/excitement is upon them in the heat of the moment, they love any signing, even those they previously dismissed, and don't want to hear the naysayers that still stand by their opinions which were based on reality and not just excitement.

I've seen people do a 180 on so many players over the years. The Lukaku signing was laughable. That's why you can't trust the opinion of most on here, they are just like every other supporter that talks up their players/signings without any critical thinking at all.

BarstoolProphet

To be honest I don't know what maths he's using but we were quoted 120 million euro last year for Jadon Sancho and combined this year with Varane based on reports it would be 117 million pounds. Which is quite a bit more than 120 million euro
It's like you are new to the fact that £ = € and vice versa among British journalists.

GJNJ

@Hectic
:lol: This just confirms my suspicion there's a bunch of people on here who need to be told something is good by the media or rival fans before they allow themselves to think.
That are they are protecting themselves from hurt as they deem it an unlikely transfer.

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
Damn, who said Utd isn't an attractive destination anymore? Sancho and Varane in 1 summer!

Hectic

Supports
30fps
@Hectic

It's the same every summer. People have their targets going into summer and their opinions are honest. Then when the desperation/excitement is upon them in the heat of the moment, they love the signing and don't want to hear the naysayers that still stand by their opinions which were based on reality and not just excitement.

I've seen people do a 180 on so many players over the years. The Lukaku signing was laughable. That's why you can't trust the opinion of most on here, they are just like every other supporter that talks up their players/signings without any critical thinking at all.
Another good one is when a poster who supports another club from a different league is on here and loads of people question them on a young player in that league taking whatever they say as gospel. If I took a random poster who supported United or watched the Premier League I'd have to filter out all the absolute shite they come out with and wouldn't give a shit on any of their opinions on any player.

GazTheLegend

Romano has given the here we go and all betting has now been suspended on Varane to Man Utd. This is in the bag I take it.

Status
Not open for further replies.