Rashford considering his future...

VidaRed

Unimaginative FC
I used to work in investment banking, when things went wrong people pulled all-nighters, worked weekends, cancelled holidays and plans. I had nights I got a taxi home at 4am, had a shower and 90 minutes sleep and got in a taxi back to the office. I know people who went 50+ hours awake just to try unfeck deals that had gone wrong. This was earning in a year what these guys earn in a week.

Sure, you can't just train and train or your body is going to give out. But I expect them to be head deep in analysis, theory, technique etc
I'm a lawyer and I've gone to the office at mid night because applications had to be filed in court first thing in the morning. I was expected to put in the day shift aswell then.

I don't think these players have it in them, they were complaining about rangnick because he made them train till 5pm :lol:

stevoc

Keep his fuking head down for starters. No excuses. These guys are media trained out the door. They are not idiots. They milk social media when it suits to flog brands and raise their profile which I am sure comes into negotiations for new contracts. It’s modern fame/football. They know the game.

If the game starts getting the better of you...You vanish. No bullshit posts pulling at heartstrings or trying to promote stuff or flash your lifestyle. The short term nature of modern news finds new targets very quickly. When is the last time anyone mentioned Greenwood and he is “allegedly” a horrific son of a b*tch. Why? Because he has vanished.

So if Rashford or Jesse or Pogba or any of the other celebs/footballers (not the other way round seemingly)want space and peace...it’s there for them. Just vanish. Shut up. Train. Play. And you will be surprised how quickly people move on.
So you're saying a player is playing badly they shouldn't ever go out in public (where people will take pictures of them) again until they're playing well again?

stevoc

I used to work in investment banking, when things went wrong people pulled all-nighters, worked weekends, cancelled holidays and plans. I had nights I got a taxi home at 4am, had a shower and 90 minutes sleep and got in a taxi back to the office. I know people who went 50+ hours awake just to try unfeck deals that had gone wrong. This was earning in a year what these guys earn in a week.

Sure, you can't just train and train or your body is going to give out. But I expect them to be head deep in analysis, theory, technique etc
How do you know any player playing badly isn't doing that with 90% of their free time just because you see a picture of them at a public event?

Having said that I don't even see how that would actually help in every case.

Irwin99

If this is fashionable I'd rather go back to being a caveman and wear bamboo leaves to hide my private parts
who the feck are the 200, 000+ people liking this photo? He actually has fans? :eek:

For the record, before anyone has a go at me, i don't hate the guy or have that level of vitriol that some other fans do (he did score an FA cup final winner after all) but I do wish he had left a fair while ago and I think he thinks that he's a much better player than he is. Also he seems really immature and obnoxious at times. Guy must be nearing 30 soon too.

LuckyScout78

If Ten Hag is coming. I am sure the United collective will improve a lot. Then naturally it will affect invidual performances too.

Unite back to pre Bruno arriving and LVG time where United attacking players were struggling. Rooney, Rashford, Martial, Falcao and Di Maria.

Even one of the GOAT in Ronaldo is struggling due the biggest reason it is poor collective. The team ability to creates chances and to win.

Against Watfor, plus some others bottoms teams and A Madrid. To much big chances to write down for statistic peoples.

Be patience and have right focus boy.

Lesser negative and uneccessary focus. With a pro football and dedicate football players. Just avoid and lock it out. Just focus on posistive things.

A 0,010 of negative focus in a glas of water with that negative and poison focus. Is enough to poison the full glas and mind. And it might affect your peformances in somehow.

Collective = biggest reason of a invidiual performance + your own focus and match day form. Are reason that will lead to the end and match day perfomance.

Like Volleyball and Handball. The collective are most important. How the team is playing as a strong dominate unit. It will create a winning team. A world class players will not change much for a bottom team.

Imagine how much Lewandoski will help a team like Burnlye?Maybe just a bit, but not much. A lonely swan in team will do not much, against a much stronger collective.

So again. If United can get Ten Hag. I am 100 % sure and convince the collective will be better and improve a lot.

Forevergiggs1

Supports
United
I'm a lawyer and I've gone to the office at mid night because applications had to be filed in court first thing in the morning. I was expected to put in the day shift aswell then.

I don't think these players have it in them, they were complaining about rangnick because he made them train till 5pm :lol:
In every other walk of life if your job performance drops to a degree that you're no longer any use to the company then you'll rightfully be out on your ear but multimillionaire footballers seem to be given a free pass by some. Using any excuse to justify the indefensible.

I feel for players like James who tried his hardest but just wasn't good enough for us but for players like Pogba and Martiall they can basically go feck themselves. Stealing a living the lot of them. Rasfhord is starring to enter into that group.

Desert Eagle

Punjabi Dude
If Ten Hag is coming. I am sure the United collective will improve a lot. Then naturally it will affect invidual performances too.

Unite back to pre Bruno arriving and LVG time where United attacking players were struggling. Rooney, Rashford, Martial, Falcao and Di Maria.

Even one of the GOAT in Ronaldo is struggling due the biggest reason it is poor collective. The team ability to creates chances and to win.

Against Watfor, plus some others bottoms teams and A Madrid. To much big chances to write down for statistic peoples.

Lesser negative and uneccessary focus. With a pro football and dedicate football players. Just avoid and lock it out. Just focus on posistive things.

A 0,010 of negative focus in a glas of water with that negative and poison focus. Is enough to poison the full glas and mind. And it might affect your peformances in somehow.

Collective = biggest reason of a invidiual performance + your own focus and match day form. Are reason that will lead to the end and match day perfomance.

Like Volleyball and Handball. The collective are most important. How the team is playing as a strong dominate unit. It will create a winning team. A world class players will not change much for a bottom team.

Imagine how much Lewandoski will help a team like Burnlye?Maybe just a bit, but not much. A lonely swan in team will do not much, against a much stronger collective.

So again. If United can get Ten Hag. I am 100 % sure and convince the collective will be better and improve a lot.
I like this post. Be patience and have right focus boy.

IWat

How do you know any player playing badly isn't doing that with 90% of their free time just because you see a picture of them at a public event?

I don't in fairness, and if that is the case it's a failure on the media department and not the players. If you're earning more than CEOs of FTSE 100 companies, it's a bad look when it's going horribly wrong and you're posting this kind of stuff on SM. If the head of P&O uploaded a pic of him chilling on a beach after the past week, he'd quite rightly get torn a new asshole... This isn't a football exclusive thing, it's fundamental corporate crisis management.

GifLord

Better at GIFs than posts
Ex players never had bad form ever? I feel free time is free time unless they are doing something that is impacting their performance.
Anyway fans will be irrational about it and feel they own the player fulltime. They should not attend any event, not be seen in public , no restaurant, no social activities etc. Just basically disappear from sight till they get good again.
Which ex utd player was out of form for 15months?

GifLord

But when they aren't playing well you care deeply about what they're getting up to in their free time?

Out of interest when a player is going through a period of bad form what should they be getting up to in their free time that you would find acceptable?
-15 months out of form
-his PR team posting annoying shit to the media
-He's acting like he's doing nothing wrong when you can literally see during matches he's a lazy bum

Fergie wouldn't tolerate this shit

GifLord

I knew you would get hung up on that and ignore the rest of the post, the actual point.
How can some of you defend somebody who's been so out of form for over a year and doesn't even show any hunger on the pitch?
I mean ffs Elanga who i had doubts he'd ever make it at this club is showing more than Rashford has in a long time now

Foxbatt

I really wish he would make up his mind and feck off somewhere. He can't make up his mind when to pass and when to shoot and now cannot make up his mind if he wants to stay or go or be a politician or whatever else he wants to be. He is worse than dithering Dave now.

Redlyn

How can some of you defend somebody who's been so out of form for over a year and doesn't even show any hunger on the pitch?
I mean ffs Elanga who i had doubts he'd ever make it at this club is showing more than Rashford has in a long time now
I am not at all defending him, just his right to have a life despite being shit. He is seriously bad and doesn't add any value to this team, but surely he is allowed to go out.

Greck

Media doing too much. It's so easy for them because they don't have to endure building around duds. The jury is still out on Rashford as a future undisputed starting striker for United. We're talking about a very very limited striker with terrible decision making. Rashford's general play as a lone central striker starts to really dip when he has to do anything other than run and shoot.

Has weak fundamentals and decisionmaking so trying harder in his case means running into 5 defenders instead of the usual 3. He has a ways to go to truly shine as a lone striker in a team that doesn't set up like a glorified Stoke. It's also a shame this is actually the first time since Rashford broke through we're no longer relying on pragmatic setups. He was made to learn his trade under negative managers. .

Don't agree. Outside of our strikers and Bruno our individuals aren't actually struggling like that. Fred, Mctominay, Sancho, Elanga did masssive U-turns when RR joined. They still lack in class and some aren't United quality but form hasn't been a problem for them. A lot of the team have pleasantly surprised even.

Rashford's struggles are on a whole different level of unprecedented garbage. We can't put it on the collective because the collective still play good halves and good games every other week.. Rashford can't even make the team sheet in positions with zero competition. Rashford isn't just suffering a crisis of form he also looks like a massive misfit in a side trying to play organised football. He looks like he plain doesn't understand where the next pass goes in patterned football. I weep thinking of what is going to happen under ETH if he can't even figure out RR's simpler one touch football.

Last edited:

Marwood

You've missed my point. They all did training out there. They didn't just go there to joke around. Same like when Pogba/other players go there when injured. Those places are set up literally for that purpose. For athletes to train in warm weather and also not get bored in their rest/down time.

It's not an evil place when you're an athlete. Migrant worker? That's different. Ronaldo, Pogba and Rashford all go there for the same reason. High-quality training facilities and relaxation.
Do you think the high quality training facilities are working?

clarkydaz

Has weak fundamentals and decisionmaking so trying harder in his case means running into 5 defenders instead of the usual 3. He has a ways to go to truly shine as a lone striker in a team that doesn't set up like a glorified Stoke. It's also a shame this is actually the first time since Rashford broke through we're no longer relying on pragmatic setups. He was made to learn his trade under negative managers. .

Rashford's struggles are on a whole different level of unprecedented garbage. We can't put it on the collective because the collective still play good halves and good games every other week.. Rashford can't even make the team sheet in positions with zero competition. Rashford isn't just suffering a crisis of form he also looks like a massive misfit in a side trying to play organised football. He looks like he plain doesn't understand where the next pass goes in patterned football. I weep thinking of what is going to happen under ETH if he can't even figure out RR's simpler one touch football.
summed up nicely for me.

EtH

Well done Rashford for doing your job. Do you want a Capri Sun and a Little Debbie ?

roseguy64

Personally I don't think many people are saying he's slacking off in training but more because he's so low in confidence then he should be training night and day to get that confidence back. Of course everyone needs a break once in a while but you have to find that happy medium if you're 100% committed to being the best you can and a lot of people are questioning Rashfords commitment which I don't think is too outrageous.
Training night and day is ridiculous. No one does that. Would I hope he's doing extra sessions after training? Yes. Outside of that, I don't care. Any additional training outside of that is a net negative effect.

roseguy64

Because it wouldn't. People just want to have the appearance of effort outside of on the pitch even if it doesn't actually help the player.

Volksie316

He can just leave already.

His attitude stinks and we don’t need players like him around.

Take a few others with you, on the way out!

stevoc

-15 months out of form
-his PR team posting annoying shit to the media
-He's acting like he's doing nothing wrong when you can literally see during matches he's a lazy bum

Fergie wouldn't tolerate this shit
So you're not actually willing to share that list of stuff you'd find it acceptable for out of form players to do with their free time?

Don't blame you mate I wouldn't either.

stevoc

I don't in fairness, and if that is the case it's a failure on the media department and not the players. If you're earning more than CEOs of FTSE 100 companies, it's a bad look when it's going horribly wrong and you're posting this kind of stuff on SM. If the head of P&O uploaded a pic of him chilling on a beach after the past week, he'd quite rightly get torn a new asshole... This isn't a football exclusive thing, it's fundamental corporate crisis management.
Yeah I can see what you're saying about footballers themselves posting stupid shit like that picture Lingard put up. But correct me if I'm wrong the picture that's got a few in here upset was of Rashford at a boxing match which as far as I'm aware someone else took and shared on social media.

choccy77

So many stories and opinions from former players today on twitter.

Rashford taking a lot of flack right now.

Big test of character for him.

Jackal981

Next some people here will call out those former players saying they "abuse" the Great Rashy

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic

If only he hasnt been using his PR team to his own advantage and at the expense of United I would feel sorry for him.

Craig Ward

Rashford is clearly a confidence player, which he is clearly lacking right now.

He's one of these players who needs to be "loved" by they're manager. Ralf is an interim, he hasn't the time to play that role of micro managing player's ego's etc. If he was our manager on a 3yr contract, different scenario.

Ralf has come in, give the players instructions. They either perform and show willing or they dont. Simple approach for short term.

Rashford has always relied on his pace, and his raw ability. He's been around a while now, he's a very capable player but he has flaws. His decision making can be poor for example, his finishing wayward on times

I think we all need a bit of a reality check though - Rashford has immense ability and way more pro's than con's. He's a proper talent. He's struggled with his back and i'm hopeful he will play a big part in the next chapter. A confident, in form Rashford is a huge plus for us - one of the best players in the league.

His Social Media irks me, all this we must do better, work hard messages every single day. He's not the only UTD player, even the clubs socials are so generic and meaningless it's all a bit cringe. Call it the modern world if you like, but it means nothing. Only way anyone at the club impresses me as a fan is by showing it on the pitch with workrate and application. Pointless tweeting how hard your working if you continue to play like an amateur

captaincantona

Again. If he wants fans to leave him alone...all he has to do is stay off social media. Never mind his extra endeavours for now. If he wants to be left alone and for the intense criticism of his performances to subside he needs to vanish off the internet and not even speak until his performances improve.