Rashford out partying at nightclub hours before reporting as too ill to attend training

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
I honestly couldn't give a shit if he went out, but being too ill for training after going out is beyond the pale.

Having worked in finance, fintech and client facing roles, going on the piss in the week was regular, but if anyone called in sick post Xmas party or known to be on a night out the night before, they'd be out the door. That was a job that didn't require you to be in peak physical condition as well, that's absolutely shocking professionalism.

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
I hope INEOS can get to the root of what's happening in the dressing room, and the whole culture of the club.

Even putting this incident aside, there are so many times you see him on the pitch for us lately looking like he can't be arsed and doesn't want to be there. I'd never have thought I'd be saying that about him when he first broke through.

mu4c_20le

Evans also mysteriously out with illness but I guess it doesn't sell as many papers

MiceOnMeth

I would'nt have played him anyway....Amad, Rasmus and Alejandro would have been my frontline.
Do professional footballers get on the piss these days anyway?
I cannot imagine Marcus downing the pints or getting pissed up on the spirits as there would be people in the club doing videos or snapping him anyway.
Probably on the packet.

lsd

The Oracle
Article says he was with his mate Ro-Shaun Williams (ex youth player of ours) who has just signed for Larne over there.

Oh i knew he was Larne and couldn't understand why anyone would be in Larne let alone Rashford. That makes sense now

clarkydaz

I hope INEOS can get to the root of what's happening in the dressing room, and the whole culture of the club.

Even putting this incident aside, there are so many times you see him on the pitch for us lately looking like he can't be arsed and doesn't want to be there. I'd never have thought I'd be saying that about him when he first broke through.
He's the last remnant of the PR brand era, hopefully its over now with the new regime

OleGunnar20

And why would they pay him that much ?
Who knows if they would, they're one of the few who do pay such wages is the point. Skriniar, Marquinos, Hernandez, Dembele & of course Mbappe all on North of £250kp/w from a quick Google.

Assuming that Mbappe actually does move on this Summer there'd be a tailor made space there for him and a massive gap in the wage bill to work with.

I can't see many other potential moves at his current wage unfortuanetly.

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
"The Reds announced Rashford arrived for training ill on Friday. United have since confirmed to MEN Sport this illness is not related to the pictures circulating on social media of the winger in Belfast on Wednesday night."

https://www.manchestereveningnews.c...ashford-mount-shaw-manchester-united-28522538
This is from this morning. The Athletic article is from this evening and addresses the fact that the club tried to brush it off as him only being out on the Wednesday, and say they've been able to confirm that it was Thursday too.

Rockets Redglare

"The Reds announced Rashford arrived for training ill on Friday. United have since confirmed to MEN Sport this illness is not related to the pictures circulating on social media of the winger in Belfast on Wednesday night."

https://www.manchestereveningnews.c...ashford-mount-shaw-manchester-united-28522538
Of course they’re going to say that, and of course he is going to deny that he’s rang in sick because he was rough.

But even if he has the flu it just looks absolutely shit, and I know if I rang in sick after being out two nights on the bounce and my boss found out I’d be fecked.

Revaulx

What a disappointment he turned out to be. What a disappointment so many of our high-potential youth academy kids turn out to be.
It’s worse in Rashford’s case, because for his first few years in the first team he had an exemplary attitude. The rest of them (Januzaj et seq.) laid their multitude of failings bare early on.

Whatever; I’m much more inclined to blame the club’s rotten culture that’s been allowed to develop under Woodward and the Glazers than a load of impressionable individuals.

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Our players forever in the headlines for the wrong reasons!

NotChatGPT

Brownfinger
The idea of going out clubbing, sober or not, in Manchester the day before training is daft enough, as it‘s always going to be unprofessional and have a detrimental effect on his ability to perform. Proper rest is crucial.

It’s sort of funny that he somehow thought it made sense to do that in Belfast, because he can hop on a private jet to Manchester and arrive for training. Impressive really.

Will be interesting to see how the club handles this, because he’s the poster boy for Manchester United

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
I refuse to have an opinion, we don’t know 100% sure exactly what happened! How can I judge anything?!

clarkydaz

The idea of going out clubbing, sober or not, in Manchester the day before training is daft enough, as it‘s always going to be unprofessional and have a detrimental effect on his ability to perform. Proper rest is crucial.

It’s sort of funny that he somehow thought it made sense to do that in Belfast, because he can hop on a private jet to Manchester and arrive for training. Impressive really.

Will be interesting to see how the club handles this, because he’s the poster boy for Manchester United
The club have already tried to cover it up, not a good look really

Castia

He’s out almost every week it’s no secret Rashford is a regular at Chinawhite in town

Its no real issue if he’s performing for the club but this Is a piss take when he’s missing training and playing like he doesn’t give a feck

Needs to be completely removed from the squad. Zero policy on going out on the beer and missing training the next morning.

He also missed training at the start of December after he was dropped to the bench against Bournemouth, his attitude is absolutely rotten.

Last edited:

glazed

Eats diamonds to beat thermodynamics
You can go a club and not drink. You can go to a club and then get ill for another reason.

Blood Mage

A rotten player with a rotten mentality, he needs to follow Sancho out of the club. If we're going to build a winning team players like Rashford cannot be part of it.

NotChatGPT

Brownfinger
You can go a club and not drink. You can go to a club and then get ill for another reason.
The illness is just the cherry on the top really, doesn’t have to be related. The level of unprofessionalism just by going clubbing the day before training is staggering, it’s always going to have a negative effect on performances. To top it off, he did it in Belfast and took at private jet to get back in time for training.

Gandalf Greyhame

If in doubt, follow your nose!
Scout
It’s worse in Rashford’s case, because for his first few years in the first team he had an exemplary attitude. The rest of them (Januzaj et seq.) laid their multitude of failings bare early on.

Whatever; I’m much more inclined to blame the club’s rotten culture that’s been allowed to develop under Woodward and the Glazers than a load of impressionable individuals.
Hoping Mainoo and Garnacho don't follow in the footsteps of their seniors in Lingard, Pogba, Greenwood, and this version of Rashford.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Waiting for his Instagram post about working hard

Red00012

If he hadn't been absolutely shite with a face like a slapped arse all season, I'd agree. It's only Newport. But he's been shite, and he has had a shite attitude, so he deserves all the pelters he's going to get.
Probably doesn’t fancy going to a bog standard dressing room and playing against a team who’ll play like their lives depend on it.

Stadjer

I’ve always said it we are going nowhere as long as this guy is at the club .
Disagree. Rashford is a good player. He has quality. He just isnt world class but he is good enough to be a Manchester United player. He just shouldnt be the star player or 'talisman' which he has been for Ole and was last season for ETH. He isnt good enough for that role.

Status
Not open for further replies.