Rashford out partying at nightclub hours before reporting as too ill to attend training

Status
Not open for further replies.

rcoobc

Not as crap as eferyone thinks
If you’re in a nightclub in Belfast a few hours before you’re due at training in Manchester, you don’t get to claim the benefit of the doubt on being sick.
Also just to be clear, Marcus was in Belfast on Wednesday night and missed training on Friday.

Source:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/f...g-having-postponed-flight-home-taken-ill.html

missed training on Friday morning due to an illness, days after enjoying a midweek night out at the Thompsons Garage club in Belfast.

Footage on social media showed Rashford entering the Belfast night club on Wednesday night with sources close to the Manchester United star saying he was out for dinner.
Also

https://www.joe.co.uk/sport/footbal...man-united-training-because-of-illness-420151

Posters in shambles.

clarkydaz

Big Ben Foster

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Supports
Also support Vasco da Gama

The Urban Goose

Chipper

Adulterer.

DJ Jeff

Not so Jazzy
Soaring like a candy wrapper caught in an updraft
There was a supposed ITK on here (sounded convincing to me) who swears he was out Thursday too. I'd believe it. He's taking the piss.

hobbers

Hope this is also heralding the end of the media and pundit circle jerk for him.

The sad thing is everyone is so desperate for him to do well. The amount of praise and positive coverage he got for actually performing to expectations and having a good season for a change, not to mention the doubling of his wages, and it seems it achieved nothing but to make him even more arrogant.

diarm

Rex Banner

The Athletic article (which this thread is based on) clearly states he was out Wednesday and Thursday.

Maybe read the article next time before getting up on your high horse.

Last edited:

the_cliff

The Athletic confirmed he was out both nights: Wednesday as well as Thursday
That's alright though. Just the media picking on Rashford.

I'm tired of Rashford tbh, his quality, performances and ability is no where near worth the drama he brings. Does he think he's Ronaldinho.

17Larsson

Not a malefactor just a lagomorph
If you’re in a nightclub in Belfast a few hours before you’re due at training in Manchester, you don’t get to claim the benefit of the doubt on being sick.
But there's a flu going around, didn't you hear? He probably just got the flu while feeding kids in Belfast. No reason to doubt him, he'll be back to his best in the next year or two, we just need to stick with him

bstb3

Is it possible we've just discovered Howard Nurse's cafe account?

As for Rashford - its optically terrible. We've all probably done something in our youth, but he has to know better - especially as he must realise he is in the spotlight so much. At this time too, it's really regrettable and I hope the club leave him in no uncertain mind as to how they view it.

It's possible that ETH had been told he was Ill and in the presser didn't know differently.

Pscholes18

Could care less if the cnut was at the nighclub till the early morning hours, however, you better damn well show up to training on time and ready to go. It's obvious he gives two fecks about ETH, thinks he's above the law. Shite play, shite attitude, feck off to PSG.

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
Giving yourself a victory lap after quoting the Daily Mail and joe.co.uk to try and dispel a more recent report in The Athletic. :lol:

Gentleman Jim

It's absolutely amazing! Perfect even.
Supports
city
Considering they aren’t even fully in charge yet makes that a bit impossible. Summer will have more telling signs.
They can instigate high level directorial acquisitions but have no say in internal discipline? OK.
Do they have the guts to weed out a problem player with a positive Public image?

rcoobc

Not as crap as eferyone thinks
The Athletic article (which this thread is based on) clearly states he was out Wednesday and Thursday.

Maybe actually bother reading the article next time before getting up on your high horse.
Feck sake... Why is Daily Mail reporting it different to the Athletic.

Apologies

the_cliff

Is it possible we've just discovered Howard Nurse's cafe account?

As for Rashford - its optically terrible. We've all probably done something in our youth, but he has to know better - especially as he must realise he is in the spotlight so much. At this time too, it's really regrettable and I hope the club leave him in no uncertain mind as to how they view it.

It's possible that ETH had been told he was Ill and in the presser didn't know differently.
There should be studies done on Lingard and Rashford and on how they can reach the age of 26 (and in Lingards case 31) and still be given the excuse of youth.

OleGunnar20

The Athletic confirmed he was out both nights: Wednesday as well as Thursday
Looks pretty damning. I'm not a fan of his after his stroppy, effortless performances anyway, and this just tops it off really.

He needs to be dropped for sure, though I'd be against icing him out Sancho style as he needs to have some resell value come the summer. Just make it known that he'll be moving on and ask him to be a professional for the rest of the season while we sound out suitors?

I've no idea where he could go on the insane wages we pay. PSG seems the only option if Mbappe moves on.

Either way he seems to be carrying on the bad attitude shown by the likes of Lingard & Martial and needs to be moved on from.

hobbers

We've all probably done something in our youth, but he has to know better
Lets not start using the word youth to describe 26 year old manlets. Did it enough to try and excuse JLINGZ

Guess it's not really a surprise or puzzle any more why Rashford's best pals at the club were Lingard and now Sancho. 3 peas in a badly dressed pod.

KD6-3.7

I want nothing more than for us to sell Rashford. The way his PR team has created this golden boy image and the face of the club is more impressive then anything he has done on the pitch.

Supposed to be one of the senior players in the squad in his prime but you wouldn’t think so for how terrible he has been the last year or so.

diarm

That's alright though. Just the media picking on Rashford.

I'm tired of Rashford tbh, his quality, performances and ability is no where near worth the drama he brings. Does he think he's Ronaldinho.
Ronaldinho produced on the pitch.

Rashford has scored less PL goals than James Beattie and gets paid like a multiple World Cup and Champions League winner.

Gandalf Greyhame

If in doubt, follow your nose!
Scout
Controversy notwithstanding, Brailsford revolutionized cycling through the principal of marginal gains - he is the sort of person who looks to find an extra 1% in every part of the process.

Having someone like that pulling the strings for INEOS means that Rashford is probably no longer a part of the long term vision of the club. We'll suffer him for a season or two till we are up to speed everywhere else, perhaps, but eventually, with that attitude, it's a just a matter of when, not if.

What a disappointment he turned out to be. What a disappointment so many of our high-potential youth academy kids turn out to be.

clarkydaz

I want nothing more than for us to sell Rashford. The way his PR team has created this golden boy image and the face of the club is more impressive then anything he has done on the pitch.

Supposed to be one of the senior players in the squad in his prime but you wouldn’t think so for how terrible he has been the last year or so.
Im sure there will be an essay in the morning

TheRedDevil2019

Piss poor match prep and discipline (when expected to report in to work).

The guy has brought any repercussions on himself.

Revaulx

Hope this is also heralding the end of the media and pundit circle jerk for him.
That’s been on the wane for a while to be fair. There’s been lots of criticism of him for a good couple of months now.

The sad thing is everyone is so desperate for him to do well. The amount of praise and positive coverage he got for actually performing to expectations and having a good season for a change, not to mention the doubling of his wages, and it seems it achieved nothing but to make him even more arrogant.
Well not everyone. There’s always a few “always thought he was shit” types who are desperate for him (and not just him) to do badly so they can be “proved” right on the internet.

But most aren’t like that. Many of his recent critics have been cautiously optimistic over his improved performances in the last couple of games, at least in the first halves. And now this…

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
Another player whose value would be on the floor even if we tried getting rid. The squad is full of them.

van Nistelrooy

Get him gone!

One decent season in the last 4 years and he is rewarded with a £350k a week contract!

We just can't continue to think this arrogant, overrated man (yes, he's not a kid anymore) can be the face and future of this club. He's an unprofessional loser who needs to leave for the benefit of our club.

Please, PSG! Come and get him.

bstb3

There should be studies done on Lingard and Rashford and on how they can reach the age of 26 (and in Lingards case 31) and still be given the excuse of youth.
Yeah I shouldn't have said while young - I know I made stupid decisions in my 20's (hell I still do now). I'd argue though his mental reasoning seems that of a teen though if he thinks this is ok, irrespective of his actual physical age. Certainly not excusing it though.

Red00012

There was a supposed ITK on here (sounded convincing to me) who swears he was out Thursday too. I'd believe it. He's taking the piss.
Can’t beat a 2 day session to be fair . I’d have called in sick as well.

Bondi77

I would'nt have played him anyway....Amad, Rasmus and Alejandro would have been my frontline.
Do professional footballers get on the piss these days anyway?
I cannot imagine Marcus downing the pints or getting pissed up on the spirits as there would be people in the club doing videos or snapping him anyway.

Red00012

Get him gone!

One decent season in the last 4 years and he is rewarded with a £350k a week contract!

We just can't continue to think this arrogant, overrated man (yes, he's not a kid anymore) can be the face and future of this club. He's an unprofessional loser who needs to leave for the benefit of our club.

Please, PSG! Come and get him.
I’ve always said it we are going nowhere as long as this guy is at the club .

Status
Not open for further replies.