Rashford out partying at nightclub hours before reporting as too ill to attend training

Status
Not open for further replies.

HookedOnAPhelan

Rashy, I can't understand it, why you want to hurt me
After all the things I've done for you
I buy tickets and shirts, put diamonds on your finger
Diamonds on your finger
Still you hang out all night
What am I to do?

My Rash wants to party all the time
Party all the time
Party all the time

tomaldinho1

Rashy, I can't understand it, why you want to hurt me
After all the things I've done for you
I buy tickets and shirts, put diamonds on your finger
Diamonds on your finger
Still you hang out all night
What am I to do?

Party all the time
Party all the time
Dr Rashford, I've seen you in clubs just hanging out and dancing
You give your number to every agent you see
You never come home at night because you're out with Jadon
I wish the Saudis come in with a mighty fee.

Party all the time
Party all the time

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
There’s nothing to say on the pictures - so far as I’m aware no one is disputing Rashford was in a bar in Ireland Thursday night. I’ll be speaking to Marcus and have no further comment at this time would still work on follow up questions.

I’m not being overly critical though - it’s just a perception someone like Fergie might have played it down more and maybe diffused a bit of the media interest.
The Athletic article said the Club commented Rashford went clubbing two days prior. They received evidence that it was actually the night before. So thats what the reporters were gagging to pry upon, had Ten Hag not shut them down with "he did report ill, but the matter is internal".

noodlehair

"It's like..."
If we had Fergie, Rashford would only now be on what he was on for his previous contract. We’ve created a monster by prentending we are still one of the big boys by paying inconsistent players world class wages. We then market them as such and give them shite team mates to play with and terrible facilities to grow in. Throw in a total lack of leadership or accountability and there you go.
We are suffering from nearly 10 years of Ed Woodward, a man who didn't have the basic foresight to realise off field success is related to performance and discipline on it.

and that's where all this stems from, because now we have players we've signed or even from our own academy with the same attitude, because its the attitude the club literally spent nearly a decade promoting. ETH is probably the first manager post Ferguson who actually has any real license to discipline players or ship them off based on football/attitude grounds rather than how much they make the club in marketing.

Although also I think this is giving Rashford an easy ride. He's championed himself as humble and a hero of the working class children of the country, then flies off to party before training because he's apparently too good for all his team mates, manager, etc. Then turns up to face the music in his solid gold Lamborghini. He's a twat entirely of his own making.

If this happens in Ferguson's day, it wouldn't even just be Ferguson who you'd have a big problem with, the rest of the players would eat you alive if you came in with anything other than an apology and your tail tucked firmly between your legs, and even then any standing of respect you commanded or had built up from any of them would be back down to absolute zero.

red.knight

You have zero idea what you're talking about :lol:
Can't help but feel like Rashford is a Trojan horse. His behavior is that of a traitor, it speaks of his character, his lust for gold and a total disregard of actually thousands of Mancs who have supported and helped him enormously along his way. Thanks for nothing Rashford. Regret is all you'll have in ten short years time. SEE the Pogbad NOW. Writhing in it.

I have zero idea what i'm talking about :lol:

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
Why are you contrasting with England? They are both part of the UK. Nobody thinks going from Edinburgh to Manchester or driving from Chester to Angelsey is international travel. Are people really arguing Belfast is abroad from someone in Manchester?! We literally all have the same passports.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_Kingdom
England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland are seperate countries. The U.K. is the entity which they form and hence get “British” passports. Try telling a Scottish man that he doesn’t have a country

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
We are suffering from nearly 10 years of Ed Woodward, a man who didn't have the basic foresight to realise off field success is related to performance and discipline on it.

and that's where all this stems from, because now we have players we've signed or even from our own academy with the same attitude, because its the attitude the club literally spent nearly a decade promoting. ETH is probably the first manager post Ferguson who actually has any real license to discipline players or ship them off based on football/attitude grounds rather than how much they make the club in marketing.

Although also I think this is giving Rashford an easy ride. He's championed himself as humble and a hero of the working class children of the country, then flies off to party before training because he's apparently too good for all his team mates, manager, etc. Then turns up to face the music in his solid gold Lamborghini. He's a twat entirely of his own making.

If this happens in Ferguson's day, it wouldn't even just be Ferguson who you'd have a big problem with, the rest of the players would eat you alive if you came in with anything other than an apology and your tail tucked firmly between your legs, and even then any standing of respect you commanded or had built up from any of them would be back down to absolute zero.
Wait., what? solid gold Lamborghini, really?

Rojofiam

Can't help but feel like Rashford is a Trojan horse. His behavior is that of a traitor, it speaks of his character, his lust for gold and a total disregard of actually thousands of Mancs who have supported and helped him enormously along his way. Thanks for nothing Rashford. Regret is all you'll have in ten short years time. SEE the Pogbad NOW. Writhing in it.

I have zero idea what i'm talking about :lol:
You can want Rashford out, or be dissatisfied with him, however, he's never ever been a mid-table level player.

IRELANDUNITED

Either he is not very bright or he doesn’t care for the club the way most fans do. To call in sick after being on the piss while earning 350k a week is unforgivable. I don’t think I’ve ever called in sick after drinking and im on less than half of what Rashford is getting! :smirk:

The reason for his inconsistency is now clearly in his head. He has the abilities to be
a very good footballer but if he can’t make his brain and body work together then I’m afraid here going to have a bit of a wasted career.

He's 26 now so he is entering what should be his peak years, he needs to cop on and realise that what he’s been doing isn’t working. Come out now, do an interview saying how he regrets his actions and he is 100% determined to do his best for the club. Pull your socks up and start giving 100% all of the time. In 10 years or so he’ll be retired and can party all he wants then and if he doesn’t realise that now is the time to make the most of his career he’ll have serious regrets about that when he’s finished playing.

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Is it even true? Seen something the other day that said he went visiting a friend. Was only couple of week ago he scored and tried silencing his critics and show he’s committed then he’s apparently done this.

gaffs

Ive seen the video. There is nothing that shows he realized any error, because there is none.

You claiming they accepted his response is absolute bullshit. Do you actually think that if he said "he's ill" they won't point to the Athletic article which said the club was chatting bullshit with photo evidence of Rashford at a night club?

You actually think the press would have said "oh he's ill. OK cool next question".

Really? fecking hell.
Agree. Ten Hag answered it correctly.

There have been a fair few missteps from Ten Hag. I believe he could have said far less about Sancho when asked, given that Sancho's lack of effort wasn't public knowledge.

But given the Rashford story was in the news already, saying Rashford was ill only prompts more questions and may even be a flat out lie.

Not Ten Hags fault, it is Rashford that put the manager in this position.

Frank Grimes

Rashy, Rashy, they call you the Belfast Boy
Rashy, Rashy, they call you the Belfast Boy

Rashy, Rashy, keep your feet on the ground
Rashy, Rashy, when you listen to the sound
Rashy, Rashy, put a light on your name...............................................................private plane

red.knight

You can want Rashford out, or be dissatisfied with him, however, he's never ever been a mid-table level player.
Bang average and highly overrated player, sorry, but he is. His career has followed a pattern of two or three good games followed by ten anonymous ones. Apart from one consistent season in 22/23 he's averaged less than 10 goals a season across all league, domestic cups and European games in 9 years. Rashford is a striker who has never scored 20 goals in a season in the league. And this is his 9th season. Most strikers of that calibre in other clubs are on 35K per week not 350K as this prima donna is on. Hes scored more in nightclubs than he has all this season. The type of player that belongs in a mid-table team and hes taking the piss now. Need to get rid of him.

Strangest Tribe

Even worse than Rashfords shocking disregard for the position he holds and is handsomely paid for is the attempts on here to somehow defend his behaviour, the guy is taking the piss and some people on here just lap it up or more bizarrely are actually blaming ETH for his response in the presser , the.mind boggles at what goes on in people’s heads sometimes.

gaffs

Indeed, which I hope is something else Ineos get on top of. Contracts should be more performance related. The likes of Sancho being in 350k a week is nuts.
Agree re Sancho.

Rashford on 350k is also high, but he had come off a 30 goal season and had won 3 x PL POTM awards. The only player ever to have won 3 in a season is Salah.
He played his very best football at the right time.

RedorDead21

His personal stats last season were top class. He hasn't got a Premier League or Champions-League to his name but he's done a lot better than most players in the league and is still young enough to do something about the aformentioned titles. I simply question why there's problem after problem. And most flair players who never had this kind of problems before have suddenly become so-called bad eggs. What's going on here? Sure Ten Hag plays his part, but before his time the atmosphere was toxic already.

Sancho plays game after game for BVB. He just confirms what Rangnick already said, the boy is alright. Ronaldo doesn't seem to have any performance related problems in Saudi. He easily outperforms all the new European players so he's still got it.

From the outside it looks like Ten Hag tried to destroy their professional reputation. If that's the case, not all people will take it, some will feck back. You don't want yes men you want players with personality and pride. These kind of guys get shit done on the big stage.

Don't get whats the problem here. So the player said something back, bohoo, sort it out in private and overall don't isolate them.
They are replaceable and many better players have been shown the door for a lot less. The manager has no credit in the bank so some of the fan base want to side with these players, just as many did with Pogba. I’d love to see afew years of a regime where these things are not tolerated. Happy to see the outcome as opposed to another 3/4 years of Rashers at the club.

Tyrion

I certainly agree that not all the PR he’s surrounded with has helped, but questioning his initial motivation over the school meals thing seems extremely unfair; The Spectator is hardly an unbiased source.
That kind of criticism is why I'm normally arguing Rashford's case. Some of the criticism is so stupid and often has nothing to do with performances. He's played terribly but plenty on here prefer to moan about his car or body language or his vibe or whatever vague nonsense they make up.

saik

Just out of curiosity, do you consider West Ham and in turn Bowen better than midtable then? Cause that's who I see Rashford as most comparable to. And Bowen is earning half of what Rashford is on. Rashford is an average player who is being paid like one of the best players in the league while in reality he is nowhere near it.

noodlehair

"It's like..."
Wait., what? solid gold Lamborghini, really?
It might not be solid gold. I may have lied. It just looked golden in the photo. Sorry to cause false excitement.

He does have a golden Rolls Royce though, which is both equally twattish and quite weird.

the_cliff

Hopefully we can fleece PSG for him. They'll be looking for a Mbappe replacement in the summer. Selling Rashford would be the best business we've done post Fergie. One of the most overrated players we've ever had.

Escobar

Shameless Musketeer
The media would have still asked him to comment on the pictures, if he just left it to illness.

The "internal matter" line is definitely from the club. Managers would be prepped for these questions to make sure they are giving the right soundbites.
Hung him out to dry. And rightly so

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland are seperate countries. The U.K. is the entity which they form and hence get “British” passports. Try telling a Scottish man that he doesn’t have a country
What are you bleating on about? If you are going to be a pedant, at least be accurate.

Literally got better things to do than argue with someone who wants to keep doubling down on the UK not being a country.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin

Really good post, I couldn’t agree more.

DJ Jeff

Not so Jazzy
Soaring like a candy wrapper caught in an updraft
Agree re Sancho.

Rashford on 350k is also high, but he had come off a 30 goal season and had won 3 x PL POTM awards. The only player ever to have won 3 in a season is Salah.
He played his very best football at the right time.
I think his deal ran out in 2024 before his latest one so we were quite stuck in that one, had to give him the deal. We weren't going to get the 80-100m we could have for him even if we didn't give him the stupid deal. Unfortunately, he's so shit now that we definitely won't get it anyway.

Nogbadthebad

It might not be solid gold. I may have lied. It just looked golden in the photo. Sorry to cause false excitement.

He does have a golden Rolls Royce though, which is both equally twattish and quite weird.
Its a wrap on his car.

But like him parking illgally the other week, its all little signs of someone who has lost perspective. Got enough money to do what he wants of course, but he must have 2-3 million quids worth of cars alone now, and is surrounded by people who won't tell him when he goes to far.

The 1999 squad would have kicked him back to the ground in training, but the current aquad really don't seem to have the same focus on standards.

Rojofiam

Just out of curiosity, do you consider West Ham and in turn Bowen better than midtable then? Cause that's who I see Rashford as most comparable to. And Bowen is earning half of what Rashford is on. Rashford is an average player who is being paid like one of the best players in the league while in reality he is nowhere near it.
Bowen is definitely not an average player

Kill 'em all

Pastor of Muppets
Sancho was judged as being disrespectful because of his comment towards the manager. What is Rashford's attitude this season, the way he's acting outside the pitch when the team is down, and the way he doesn't even try when he's on the pitch if not disrespectful?

klayton88

Should donate his two week wages to the foundation and local charities. Or to me.

P-Ro

"Full Member"
Supports
Chelsea and AFC Wimbledon
Should donate his two week wages to the foundation and local charities. Or to me.
That would be very out of character. He normally donates other people's money and get's his PR team to lobby the Sunday Times Giving List to put him at the top of the list, despite not actually having donated that money, unlike most of the others on the list.

the_cliff

Disagree. He's had periods on the level of a mid table player. He's been a mid table level player for us this season. You could even make the argument that he was worse than a mid table player in the 21-22 season.

Rashford has had 9 seasons playing for us now and has only had 3 top level seasons for us. I'm also being generous in giving him 19/20 and 20/21 as top level seasons.

Status
Not open for further replies.