Rashford out partying at nightclub hours before reporting as too ill to attend training

Status
Not open for further replies.

Silverman

For too long players like Rashford have been taking the piss. The work ethic from him and others have been nothing short of embarrassing.
Ineos and co are in and the time is now to destroy this toxic culture that has been allowed to creep in.
I'd put Rashford on his last warning, if he can't sort himself out then he's gone.

pre Munich Red

We are suffering from nearly 10 years of Ed Woodward, a man who didn't have the basic foresight to realise off field success is related to performance and discipline on it.

and that's where all this stems from, because now we have players we've signed or even from our own academy with the same attitude, because its the attitude the club literally spent nearly a decade promoting. ETH is probably the first manager post Ferguson who actually has any real license to discipline players or ship them off based on football/attitude grounds rather than how much they make the club in marketing.

Although also I think this is giving Rashford an easy ride. He's championed himself as humble and a hero of the working class children of the country, then flies off to party before training because he's apparently too good for all his team mates, manager, etc. Then turns up to face the music in his solid gold Lamborghini. He's a twat entirely of his own making.

If this happens in Ferguson's day, it wouldn't even just be Ferguson who you'd have a big problem with, the rest of the players would eat you alive if you came in with anything other than an apology and your tail tucked firmly between your legs, and even then any standing of respect you commanded or had built up from any of them would be back down to absolute zero.

DJ Jeff

Not so Jazzy
Soaring like a candy wrapper caught in an updraft
Bang average and highly overrated player, sorry, but he is. His career has followed a pattern of two or three good games followed by ten anonymous ones. Apart from one consistent season in 22/23 he's averaged less than 10 goals a season across all league, domestic cups and European games in 9 years. Rashford is a striker who has never scored 20 goals in a season in the league. And this is his 9th season. Most strikers of that calibre in other clubs are on 35K per week not 350K as this prima donna is on. Hes scored more in nightclubs than he has all this season. The type of player that belongs in a mid-table team and hes taking the piss now. Need to get rid of him.
Even 22/23 wasn't consistent, he netted nearly all his goals in a 3-4 month spell.

Livewire1974

If it moves, report it.
Be interesting to see the results of the blood tests when he did return, given Evans got a few mins yesterday....

OleGunnar20

Four wingers, two of which might go on loan, and two midfielders is not nearly enough cover for the wide position for the rest of the season. He has 10 G/A for the season so far (all comps), Antony, Amad and Pellistri likely won’t get that combined. Fine him, drop him, but we cannot exile him and ruin any chance of getting a large fee for him in the summer, it’s cutting your nose off to spite your face.
Yep, I wasn't suggesting exiling him. I'd sell him immediately if an acceptable offer came in and make do with what I see as a passable group of players for the rest of this already shambolic season. That's long term thinking in my opinion. Of course if this were the case Pellistri and Amad would not be going on loan.

I would not exile him for the reasons you've stated.

Herschel Krustofsky

Supports
Balanced perspectives
The whole “fergie would have…” narratives are getting pretty embarrassing aren’t they? Opposing fans must be pissing their sides reading some of them

saik

Bowen is definitely not an average player
Fair enough. You can rate Bowen, but there's a reason he is still at West Ham at a similar age earning half of what Rashford earns. Not world class but an average to good player which is what Rashford is depending on his mood. Yet we have been duped into making him one of the highest earners in the league and this is how he is repaying the club.

the_cliff

I think that as well, I suspect a transfer request might be imminent.

Not that I'm arsed at all, he had a fan base ready to adore him and he has thrown it all away.
I doubt that. He wouldn't want to forsake the loyalty bonus he'd be due.

Nowadays players don't do transfer requests for that reason.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
What are you bleating on about? If you are going to be a pedant, at least be accurate.

Literally got better things to do than argue with someone who wants to keep doubling down on the UK not being a country.
Call the U.K. a country if you want but technically it’s a conglomerate of 4 different countries

Devil81

I doubt that. He wouldn't want to forsake the loyalty bonus he'd be due.

Nowadays players don't do transfer requests for that reason.
How much money do these lads need, it's pathetic.

I was listening to Ian Holloway on talkshite the other night, he was talking about when he broke into football. His manager told him you run up and down that right hand side and if I see you stop running you won't play next week or the week after. So he said he ran all day long, with or without the ball because he knew he couldn't afford to not play, players feared being sold because the money wasn't as much back then. He then said that's the problem now, they earn that much on these contracts it doesn't matter if they play at all.

The games fecked, the likes of Rashford, Pogba and Lingard are right through the game. It's just that our lazy bastards are on mega money.

Chairman Steve

If he is indeed engineering a move, it’ll be more like there’s some specific clause in his new contract that says he can leave for a certain club for an amount, possibly based on performances at that recent time (rather than the old school transfer request).

Maybe you could theorise he’s half heartedly putting in performances to drive the selling figure down so it’s more enticing to that certain club (shafting us in the process), as well as making sure to avoid injuries to not feck the move up.

I‘d be interested to know if INEOS possibly played a part in those contract negotiations, especially as it’s rumoured the arrangement for part-ownership was unofficially done last May, and Rashford’s contract was signed off last July.

Last edited:

the_cliff

How much money do these lads need, it's pathetic.

I was listening to Ian Holloway on talkshite the other night, he was talking about when he broke into football. His manager told him you run up and down that right hand side and if I see you stop running you won't play next week or the week after. So he said he ran all day long, with or without the ball because he knew he couldn't afford to not play, players feared being sold because the money wasn't as much back then. He then said that's the problem now, they earn that much on these contracts it doesn't matter if they play at all.

The games fecked, the likes of Rashford, Pogba and Lingard are right through the game
. It's just that our lazy bastards are on mega money.
I think the problem is the type of players we indulge. Look at Citys players and the difference in professionalism is night and day.

Herschel Krustofsky

Supports
Balanced perspectives
Why?

SAF had it right on these type of matters and wasn’t afraid to ship players out if they were dialling it in.
Not just the Rashford thread, across any that thread that references managerial decisions, people are queueing up to tell everyone exactly what the Boss would do in any given situation.

Would be a meme on RAWK if scousers could learn to draw anything other than a c0ck and balls.

This isn’t a dig at you btw, just an observation of an overwhelming trend - read back three pages and count the amount of times it comes up!

17Larsson

Not a malefactor just a lagomorph
Shows how easy it could have been for Sancho if he just apologised.

Play Rashford a bit in the last half of the season and ship him out in the summer

Alemar

I don’t think I’ve ever called in sick after drinking and im on less than half of what Rashford is getting! :smirk:
It’s highly likely, that every member of this forum is on less than half of what Rashford is getting - without a single exception :)

The White Pele

I assume he has been fined 2 weeks wages and has accepted the punishment and responsibility for the incident.

The Sancho case was a bit more complex as it was a disagreement over training performances and therefore a lot more subjective.

Here’s hoping this serves as a wake-up call for Rashford and he knuckles down for the rest of the season and starts contributing some better numbers.

SER19

Rashford must have some disturbing videos of senior figures at old trafford. Christ I want him sold

Devil81

That is absolutely pathetic, is it that easy to get away with blatant breaches of discipline.

Joke of a club.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
It should all be done behind closed doors of course, but you’d think he’s getting a hefty fine. Can buy some serious school dinners with two weeks wages.

dhadz

Let’s not kid ourselves he’s getting fined a weeks wages sit on the bench for a game or 2 and then back on the left wing to slow up play and show no interest at all.

Castia

Bet there’s another incident before the season is out. All eyes are on Marcus and he’s out on the piss every weekend.

Overhaul FC

Selling a world class left back, who many ex-pro’s and pundits a like praise everytime he’s on the pitch, it’s also a world of different when he plays.

But yes let’s sell him because “reasons”
Ex pros and pundits can say what they want. I've seen the size of his stomach for a decade and it's only rarely looked appropriate for any athlete nevermind a professional football player.

I'd rather we looked at someone who is a top level professional who has the motivation to win a league. When Luke Shaw speaks I get the feel he's speaking like an 8 year old boy.

Mentality monster... Not

Status
Not open for further replies.