Rashford out partying at nightclub hours before reporting as too ill to attend training

Status
Not open for further replies.

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
What?! If he was actually genuinely ill then he’s much less likely to be fit to train this week and play a match this Thursday than if he had a hangover or was just tired when he sat out training on Friday.

His rapid recovery from his “illness” only serves to undermine the narrative you’ve been desperately clinging to. Well, that, the comments from ETH, him and his agent being called in to Carrington, the line about “taking responsibility for his actions” and the whole being fined thing. Along with the fact he felt well enough to decide to spend a night out clubbing less than 12 hours before he was suddenly too ill to train. A timeline that always seemed preposterous.

EDIT: and now we have an eye witness account from a named (and photographed) individual who worked at the bar he was at, confirming he got shitfaced last Thursday night.

But yeah, if we ignore absolutely all of the above then you might be on to something…
I find it very hard to believe the club and ETH, based on the lines he drew with Sancho and Ronaldo, would immediately reintegrate a player who turned up to work supposedly still drunk and unable to train with a hangover. That’s more damning than the player at that point.

bstb3

This will light a fire under Marcus, the likes of which you have never seen. Hattrick incoming at the Molineux
If he does he needs to celebrate like Gazza after that goal against Scotland in Euro 96. That will go down really well.

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
We pay him more than literally every other player in the league earns bar an arguable 2-3 players. That good enough for you? Sure he probably doesn't earn exactly what Haaland earns. I'm sure Haaland earns insane money when you factor in all the off the books shit City are doing.
While it's not much better, he's not quite that high. The generally reported figures have him as equal 7th highest wage (and our 3rd highest). Behind De Bruyne, Haaland, Salah, Casemiro, Varane and Sterling, and equal with Grealish and Silva.

Doesn't change the main point of course.

jeff gurr

Supports
Leicester City
You’re right It did, he’s gone on loan out of the dressing room. Next step sold.
If you call paying his wages to play football for another club successful then yes . Taught him a lesson that he'll never forget.
And now you want to do the same thing with Rashford.. !!

Doracle

While it's not much better, he's not quite that high. The generally reported figures have him as equal 7th highest wage (and our 3rd highest). Behind De Bruyne, Haaland, Salah, Casemiro, Varane and Sterling, and equal with Grealish and Silva.

Doesn't change the main point of course.
4th highest surely - we still own Sancho.

Peter van der Gea

Likes Pineapple on well done Steak
If you call paying his wages to play football for another club successful then yes . Taught him a lesson that he'll never forget.
Could be worse, they might make him play in Spain

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
And she was happy to put her name and face behind the story. So at the very least we know she definitely worked in the bar he was at, or she would immediately be found out.
Oh, I’m sure she was very happy to put her name to a story if it meant a few more quid. You lose all trustworthiness the moment you hawk yourself out to The Sun though. That says a lot about a person in itself.

The paper has no credibility whatsoever, hence why Kyle Walker has been a further laughing stock for the past 24 hours, as he somehow thought an exclusive interview with them for yesterday’s front page, would help restore some of his self-respect. Well, that did the opposite.

Withnail

Oh, I’m sure she was very happy to put her name to a story if it meant a few more quid. You lose all trustworthiness the moment you hawk yourself out to The Sun though. That says a lot about a person in itself.

The paper has no credibility whatsoever, hence why Kyle Walker has been a further laughing stock for the past 24 hours, as he somehow thought an exclusive interview with them for yesterday’s front page, would help restore some of his self-respect. Well, that did the opposite.
Always double down.

RedNome

Cnut Rating: 9 (Conservative)
It’s Richard Moriarty. Go and have a look at his previous work then decide what sort of “journalist” he is and how credible you think anything his name is attached to is. People buying The Sun wholesale in 2024, and a Moriarty piece in particular, is astonishing.
Keep digging.

Eyepopper

Lowering the tone since 2006
I'm not up to date on this saga, have we had the "keep working hard" Instagram post yet?

Tyrion

Better that than what he was doing before. Paying him 100k to do nothing for us in Dortmund is better than paying him 300k to do nothing for us in Machester.

Marcus

For what it's worth, I think this has been handled just fine by the club. What he did was out of order, he has been disciplined (probably a fine) and apologised. I'm not sure there's much else to do. Even when he's out of form, he's our best option on the left. However, I do hope he's on his final chance. His attitude has been woeful for long and so have his performances. Someone needs to tell him, "this is your last chance to get your act together and be the best player you can be - if you don't, you'll be shown the door".
I totally agree with you. People are not robots. They make mistakes. Apologise, get punished and move on. This is the way.

jeff gurr

Supports
Leicester City
Better that than what he was doing before. Paying him 100k to do nothing for us in Dortmund is better than paying him 300k to do nothing for us in Machester.
I get it .. Baby Steps
yes it is an improvement !

alexthelion

I have no issues with people being unhappy with his performances, that’s part and parcel of the game and being a fan. Folk are absolutely entitled to their opinions.
But all the personal name calling stuff, the petty jibes and agendas that go on. It’s pathetic. He’s one of our own, he’s one of if not our best and he should be ‘cared for’ more by own fans - but honestly they seem to give him the most shit.
Have you been drinking? :eek:

van Nistelrooy

If he's in involved on Thursday, then it will be a disgrace.

So shit-faced that he has to be put to bed in the early hours, when he's expected to be training later that day. Dropping wads of cash all over the place.

Utter shambles of a person. I don't want to hear all this 'head in the wrong place' and 'wasted talent' nonsense. He's just not good enough to be placed back in the team.

A fine better have been issued with an absence from the squad on Thursday. Otherwise, what is the consequence in future? This isn't the first time he's displayed such poor discipline.

Just move on already. Waste of space!

Wibble

In Gadus Speramus
Staff
Whatever the detail drinking the night before training in the lead up to a game is outright unacceptable from a professional athlete. Even more so when it causes a player to miss training. WTF was he thinking flying to somewhere seemingly with the intention of partying?

I love Rashford when on form but such utter lack of professionalism is disgraceful. The 325,000 quid a week must had addled his brain.

He must be in last chance saloon with ETH you would think.

hobbers

The story just shows how wildly out of touch with reality some players are. Imagine being private security or a minder for these clowns. The anecdotes they must collect.

red.knight

Since he was 20, he averages 28 GA per season, despite having one season where he only got 7 after coming back from an operation, mainly from left wing. It really is ludicrous to include seasons when he was 17/18 to try and make a bad point.

Honestly, it’s fine not to like his attitude on the pitch, not like the clothes he wears or think he earns too much money. However, the absolute drivel that gets posted on here about his footballing ability is incredible to behold.
Since he was 20, he averages <10 goals and 6 assists per season in the premier league. Since he was 20, he averages 3 goals and only 1 assist per season in Europe. This season, he has taken 29 shots in the league and has a pitiful 4 goals to show for it. Of all the players to have taken more than 25+ shots in the Premier League this season, none have a lower shooting accuracy and conversion rate than Rashford. Rashford has the worst conversion of any player in the premier league that has scored at least 4 goals this season. Facts speak volumes. By the law of averages, Rashford, having had his once-in-a-lifetime luck of the devil last season, should revert to his mediocrity and inconsistency just like what we are witnessing; worse still, what with Rashford lacking innate quality and ability to bounce back readily. Rashford is an overpaid second rate footballer. He will never be a consistent top attacker and we will never compete for major trophies with him on the team. He doesn't know when to pass doesn't know when to shoot and he is so uncreative on the ball and one dimensional player. When was the last time you said wow when he played? Go on. I definitely said WOW......he gets 350 k for playing like that......WOW.

He'll be at a team like Forest or West Ham in a few years. Then Beckham will take pity on him. That’s my opinion BTW and you should not get upset about it.

noelyman

If club says he's sick, Ten Hag echoes it and Rashford lays low then there's no story.

Well that exactly what should have happened. But Ten Hag is still too naive in his dealings with the British media.
They can swallow whatever they want but the manager shouldn't be contradicting the clubs official stance.
Talk about COMPLETELY missing my point. The club probably prior to realising there were pictures of Rashford out partying said he was sick. Had Rashford 'thrown a sickie' but laid low and kept a low profile at home or at a mates house this would have been a non story. But he didn't do that. He allowed himself to quite publically be filmed in an nightclub. They and Ten Hag couldn't stick to a 'he was sick' excuse because of Rashford. This is not on Ten Hag at all and your attempts to blame Ten Hag just make you sound more and more like you have an anti TH agenda. Which is fair enough but at least admit it.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
If he was banging them in and inspiring us in big games and living like a kind of rockstar life I wouldn’t care what he did, I’d love him. He’s just so pretend clean and cynical.
If he was in top form he’d be dropped for Newport and maybe the next game or two if we won and that would be that. There’s more to this, its been going on for years and it goes beyond Rashford. Why do we keep paying these guys who aren’t into FULLY into playing for us over the 300k mark?

Kiss of death!!

Last edited:

york_cole_99

The waitress at the hotel Rashford was staying at has come out and spoken.

If everything she is saying is true we have major problem on our hands.

We need to find a way of somehow offloading in the summer.

Marcus

Whatever the detail drinking the night before training in the lead up to a game is outright unacceptable from a professional athlete. Even more so when it causes a player to miss training. WTF was he thinking flying to somewhere seemingly with the intention of partying?

I love Rashford when on form but such utter lack of professionalism is disgraceful. The 325,000 quid a week must had addled his brain.

I agree.

The Red Thinker

True. Also shows how Rashy is not in the best headspace this season. Something is wrong - maybe it’s the toll of having to lift this club during a really dark time? He’s a United boy. A fan. I know that us fans have had really dark days supporting this club over the years. And sometime it’s been horrible even going to work after a bollocking from Bournemouth at Old Trafford.

I think it could be professional burnout and if not, then something in his personal life that’s gotten him down bad. Not to mention the amount of online abuse he gets on a daily basis.

Rashford is not the type to wilfully be a prat. He’s never been that. He’s been a beacon of a what a great human looks like in football. Something is not right. I feel for him. Sadly, if we can’t fix that for him, maybe a new environment is what he needs to thrive again. I’d be okay with that.

noelyman

Have a friend who works in Manchester Public Library and according to them Ten Hag has apparently borrowed a book on medieval torture, so those unhappy with the managers dealing of Rashford over this incident should WATCH THIS SPACE! :lol:

Cloud7

At least this was dealt with quickly. Overall much better for the team than a drawn out saga like what happened with Sancho. That being said, I'm past the point of caring regarding Rashford. His hot and cold seasons are annoying, he puts in less effort than anyone, etc. I would prefer if the club were working towards selling him in the summer.

Mike Smalling

I really believe there might be some value in getting rid of Rashford. Could send a signal that this shit is not tolerated, even for the supposed golden boy. And I don’t just mean this later incident, but also the lack of effort over the last 6 months.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
I just listened to the Muppeteer's podcast. It seems that its mental illness again.

Status
Not open for further replies.