Rashford vs Garnacho...

Oranges038

The big difference at the minute is attitude. Talent wise sure Rashford is probably more talented, but he's offering nothing at the minute, assists, goals, work rate etc. Garnacho has a fire in him, he wants to work hard, to run, to put people under pressure all that stuff. But his end product is lacking. For me, I'd take effort over end product for now, Garnacho will eventually get goals and assists but he offers more for the team.

As the saying goes.

Hard work beats talent when talent doesn't want to work hard.

Hound Dog

Supports
Whoever I bet on
I am not sure what some of you are on about, Garnacho in the last few weeks has been better than anything Rashford has ever produced.

The latter is a larger direct goal threat but as a winger, it is not a contest.

Hound Dog

Supports
Whoever I bet on
This obviously isn't true.
We agree to disagree although I always saw the adulation of Rashford as a mix of off field stuff (homegrown + charity work) and as a sign of how far United have fallen.

He is a good guy and all but come on, he would not get into a single Premier League winning side in this century (bar Leicester). And yet there was a thread here not long ago comparing him to Mbappe

wolvored

If you look at it in black and white, then Rashford should be benched until Garnachos form drops off. Obvoously this wont happen as he is the poster boy and pressure will mount from above for TH to pick him.
When we lose, even if Garnacho plays well, the press will also put pressure on the fact its because Rashford has been dropped by the 'bad' mansger.
You cant compare with the Fergie era as we were a winning team and players wasnt so toxic because of that. They knew they had to always play at 100%, or they would be gone.
Personally if Rashford is still in this depression on the football field all season, i hope Ratcliffe sells him in the summer.

Son

It's not a conundrum because I think Rashford has peaked whilst Garnacho needs to keeping playing and progressing. So I would just cash in on Rashford.
This. It’s a super easy decision if Rashford wasn’t from the academy.

He should move on regardless. He’s been a good player for us and now past his best. Very rarely do pace reliant players get better after 26. It’s a no brainer considering the money he’d bring in.

Easy if the club is serious about changing the squad. It’s a tap in but we all know this is United and we play on gut feelings rather than brain cells.

I mean look at that crock Martial still “leading” our line like anyone believes he still has promise. Only place that man ‘I say that term loosely’ could lead people is to the treatment room.

clarkydaz

We agree to disagree although I always saw the adulation of Rashford as a mix of off field stuff (homegrown + charity work) and as a sign of how far United have fallen.

He is a good guy and all but come on, he would not get into a single Premier League winning side in this century (bar Leicester). And yet there was a thread here not long ago comparing him to Mbappe
yes this is the massive bargaining chip he has, and part why he got the mega contract under this regime

Remember the geese

I wasn't debating anything regarding Rashford potentially getting into Premier League winning sides. Just it's very obvious that Rashford has in the past, played at a level superior to that of what Garnacho has been producing recently.

Someone

Something
Rashford just needs to play himself into the team as ETH said. Garnacho won't be able to play every game, and definitely won't be consistent at this age, so Rashford will get his chances.

Long term I think it's better if Rashford is sold. He's just not consistent enough for where we want to be. Even if Garnacho doesn't work out.

Dannn411

Garnacho should start till Rashford does anything to suggest otherwise. This is the competition that we need to have across every single spot in the team to light a fire under people's asses.

jesperjaap

I am not sure what some of you are on about, Garnacho in the last few weeks has been better than anything Rashford has ever produced.

Always thought Rashford has been over rated despite being talented he hasnt consistently produced for any perdiod of time bar the wonderful 4months last year.

However even excluding those four months last year, that is absolute nonsense.

I do rate Garnacho, this he has the intelligence, drive, calmness and talent to be a big player....but he was very good in the last game, he obviously had the overhead goal.....he still isnt at hte level starting that he has been from the bench.

It is enouraging that he is starting to get there, but come on Rashford has at times really produced and though for me lacking a lot of the things Garnacho has.....especially intelligence on the pitch....he is very talented

Mindhunter

So we avoid the media problem by playing Rashford over Garnacho creating a different media problem where we aren’t scoring goals and winning games? At least our highest earner feels valued and engaged.

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time

Ever? Seriously?

Normally I disagree with people making out that Rashford was better than he was, but you are going too far the other way. Most obviously there was a three month period in 19/20 where Rashford was in genuinely world-class form, not just scoring a lot of goals but his all-round play was also good and he was ripping opposition teams to pieces. Admittedly that was also the season that his defensive laziness got really bad, but when an attacker is playing well enough that can be accepted to some extent (obviously they are at a whole different level but look at Messi and Ronaldo). Even when he came back from the back injury that season, his all-round play was still fairly good and it looked like he'd spent the time off working on his passing and creativity, which somewhat made up for his goal scoring dropping off significantly.

There was also another three months or so last season where he was quite clearly better than Garnacho has ever been.

Plenty of other shorter periods here and there have also been better, but those are the main two. Garnacho really hasn't been 'that' good the last few weeks.

Maticmaker

Rashford had a habit of pointing to his brain every time he scored last year, he is no longer doing that even when he does score. Just now making the bench is the best he can hope for, his head is definitely in the wrong place at the moment.
Every minute that Garnacho gets on the pitch in starting before Rashford, improves his chances of developing faster and is a warning to Marcus, of the old saying " you are only as good as your last good game" and he has not had a good one for a while.

MancunianAngels

Supports
FC United
Rashford has done exceptionally well to achieve what he has given the constant circus at the club.

That is always worth considering

statpadder

Garnacho played a lot like Rashford today. Selfish, delaying the pass and being poor in decision making.

What is wrong with our wingers? Why do they turn to shit after a while?

gajender

Rashford has done exceptionally well to achieve what he has given the constant circus at the club.

That is always worth considering
There is element of truth in what you have said but then you also have to concede that the very reason Likes of Rashford and Bruno players of limited skill set have enjoyed such exalted status for most part of career here is precisely because of the constant circus at the Club.

Where we have been so starved of genuine top quality that we celebrate them as top talents .