2023-24 Performances

View full 2023-24 profile

5.4 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards

Ibi Dreams

Positive performances so far. He's barely been given any decent service at all yet, but looks a decent scrappy goal getter at least. Much more to come, especially if we actually start playing well at some point

justsomebloke

Patience is the word. This is not a player you can expect to be fully formed, or handle the transition to the PL and CL seamlessly. Allow an impression to form over time, acknowledging that it will be a long while before we have a reasonably stable answer to the question of what he is and isn't. Don't project, negatively or positively. So far, he's someone who works hard, moves like a box striker and presses aggressively, but doesn't otherwise have a lot of presence in the game. And now he scores, which is the key thing.

TempusFugit

He won't create his own chances like let's say a peak Martial who will dance around one or two defenders and curl it into the bottom corner. We need to provide him with crosses, cutbacks, through balls and he'll score at least 15 goals for us this season imo. He could've already had two in three if his Brighton goal wasn't disallowed. I think he will be a success here, good player.

flappyjay

What do people want to the stiker to do when the team is not creating for him? And if he dares go deep to get the ball we know how this place gets angry about it.

RedChisel

People are seriously slagging him already? This fanbase doesn't deserve success.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
I have to admit i really liked both his finishes (yesterday and the one that was chalked off against Brighton). Such a trademark "old" #9 move that seems to be a lost art nowadays.
Yeah, two very similar finishes. First touch was perfect then a very quick shot with no backlift. Catches the keeper out before he’s set.

Betson

Always good for a striker to get off the mark early at a new club, especially right now at Utd where it is a very difficult time to try and make a mark with the team overall been so dysfunctional.

Oldyella

Indeed. A goal away to Bayern and unlucky to not have one v Brighton. He's one of the few things I'm not worried about.
Only worry I have with him is that everyone else is playing so poorly he's going to be feeding on scraps.

Vault Dweller

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Only worry I have with him is that everyone else is playing so poorly he's going to be feeding on scraps.
Good point also, although yesterday we did seem to be trying to get the ball into the box a lot more. Hopefully that improves, and we then also get players back especially in midfield, which will allow us to build more too.

Rockets Redglare

Seems like 30m max player to me so far. Let's see.
Name one 30 million striker in the market today.

Literally scored 2 goals in his first 3 games (I don’t care that it was chalked off) against Brighton and Bayern Munich and he’s still getting shit on.

Hughes35

I really like him. Has all the attributes needed to be a consistent top level striker.

Has one goal already and unlucky not to get one against Brighton. He's had basically zero service but his movement is good. I just hope he keeps making those runs even though the ball isn't coming often enough.

AnotherLondonManc

He seems promising, but les exciting than Ferguson honestly
Difficult to compare the 2 when Ferguson plays for a well oiled, creative team and Rasmus plays for, well... us.

We'd make Ferguson look bang average at the moment. Rasmus has done as well as can be expected, and should be on 2 goals in 2 games. Against Brighton and Bayern, no less

Dannn411

How can you conclude that he is less exciting than Ferguson after 2 games (both of which he has played very well in and made impact in)?

Bobski

Too early to make any sort of judgement, has barely seen the ball in the mins he has played but good level of physicality, would like to see that touch tighten up, but very small sample size, has got maybe 10 passes in 2 games.

Kaos

He's got goals in him and a great worth ethic to boot. There's no pleasing some people here.

Did some of you think we were signing an R9 regen? Even Haaland would struggle in this team.

Kramer

Excited by him. Exceeded my expectations so far. So much more of a traditional 9 getting in the right positions. Very astute buy.

Once the team becomes a little more functional creating chances for him, will be interesting to see how far he can go.

He has that pure goal scoring instinct of a No. 9. Really enjoyed his performance against Brighton.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
As far as I'm concerned he's got 2 in 2 starts, VAR can feck off.

Zed 101

I like him a lot think there is a hell of a striker in there, but was worried at times how disenchanted he looks already by our shiteness

I think we have played so long without an actual striker that we are not very good at finding him, think when we get used to him being there we will see a big improvement

SungSam7

We can't pass wind in the final third, how would Ferguson be exciting without any opportunities? Always some who pick holes and are blatantly ignorant to the issues.

The Boy

Supports
Brighton and Hove Albion
Actually there are quite a few similarities betweem him and Ferguson. Both are physically big and powerful for their age and don't get intimidated or knocked off the ball by defenders, both have the ability to take the quick unexpected shot. Both hold the ball up well. Hojlund might actually be a bit quicker than Ferguson on the break.

The only difference I see at the moment is Ferguson has been playing in the prem for 6 months more and plays for Brighton, where it is, quite correctly, cool to think everything we do and every player we have is brilliant.

didz

I really like how he's able to turn instantly on receipt of the ball and keep pace. It's vastly different from Martial's 'receive with back to goal, stop, and scoop 90 degrees to his left every time' move.

I like him a lot think there is a hell of a striker in there, but was worried at times how disenchanted he looks already by our shiteness

I think we have played so long without an actual striker that we are not very good at finding him, think when we get used to him being there we will see a big improvement
He's a young centre forward, so it's not that surprising that he wants to be getting on the ball a lot more than he is. In part he'll probably need to develop a bit of patience, but as you quite rightly say, his teammates do need to be better at finding him, which will come.

Oranges038

He won't create his own chances like let's say a peak Martial who will dance around one or two defenders and curl it into the bottom corner. We need to provide him with crosses, cutbacks, through balls and he'll score at least 15 goals for us this season imo. He could've already had two in three if his Brighton goal wasn't disallowed. I think he will be a success here, good player.
Martial never really peaked, he plateaued before dropping off a cliff.

Hojlund looks like he has great movement in and around the box, the problem he'll have is with the wingers who get into good positions to make chances, but then make a poor decision or play a shite final ball.

Really needs to be the fullbacks getting down the outside to help create those opportunities. But to do that, you need to be able to create sustained pressure to allow them to get up the pitch to get into those positions. At the minute they are having to run 50/60 yards just to catch up with the play before they can be involved.