Height: 191cm
Position: Attack - Centre-Forward
Foot: Left
Squad Number: #11
Contract Expires: Jun 30, 2028
Contract Option: Option for a further year​

Last edited:

izec

Top striker in the making. Will turn out to be our best signing of the decade. Watch this space.

zaafi

Could his injury be a blessing in disguise?

I think he could benefit from coming in after the season has started without the press being on his ass from the first day of the season. They will be on to him, but maybe not as much. Really excited to see him play for us!

Hoof the ball

Thought he was poor today. Looked sluggish on the field. Couldn't lose his markers with the camera at all.

Should have spent the extra 20m on Kane.

TheNewEra

Knows Kroos' mentality
Hope he makes a quick recovery, he will be top class in a season or two

The Red Thinker

He will COOK under ETH. So many runs I se Rashy not making that he definitely will. I have a guttural feeling that Rasmus will be amazing for us. Even this season. He may not be amazing but he will make oppo defenders think just with his sheer frame. Rashy is so much more comfortable down th wing. So all signs point to a good season. Cmon lads!!!

Yorkeontop

meonbottom
Could his injury be a blessing in disguise?

I think he could benefit from coming in after the season has started without the press being on his ass from the first day of the season. They will be on to him, but maybe not as much. Really excited to see him play for us!
This is probably a reach I'd say, respectfully.

Maagge

enjoys sex, doesn't enjoy women not into ONS
He will COOK under ETH. So many runs I se Rashy not making that he definitely will. I have a guttural feeling that Rasmus will be amazing for us. Even this season. He may not be amazing but he will make oppo defenders think just with his sheer frame. Rashy is so much more comfortable down th wing. So all signs point to a good season. Cmon lads!!!
:nervous:

Hester_manc

When Kane was 20 years old, he was on loan at Leicester in the Championship. Højlund is 20 years old and has been scoring goals i serie A and for his National Team

TheNewEra

Knows Kroos' mentality
Time frame is that there is no injury, just time until he is match fit.
It says something was flagged in the medical though, which is why further testing was required in London the following day.

Unsure if that's part of the injury or an underlying medical condition

Jacob

His injury is a bluff. It's United's way of easing him in.

IrishRedDevil

He’s training.
It’s a good way to ease him in over 2/3 weeks.
Take him slightly out of the spotlight (if possible).

GregM40

Don’t imagine he’ll start a game until after the international break, depending how he does off the bench, he’ll be eased in.

Appletonred

Along with Garnacho, we could have quite a fearsome attack in the not too distant future if this kid starts to hit the heights.

evil_geko

It says something was flagged in the medical though, which is why further testing was required in London the following day.

Unsure if that's part of the injury or an underlying medical condition
I mean, transfer wouldn't go through if there was something wrong.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
I imagine he’s undercooked, but I am still very pleased in terms of profile in that I am much happier that we got a runner over Harry Kane. Kane is too slow for our type of attack, unless he is primarily a provider.

HackeyC

Hold on, so we can have the meme "Winther is coming" ????

Excited to see what he can do, and if it brings balance.

Stadjer

He didnt even score today... not even one goal in pre season. He will fail, United will regret not spending 20m more on Kane

Chief123

Rashford Højlund Garnacho pace will be frightening
I’d be surprised to see that combination of 3 play much though. None of them is comfortable or effective enough on the right wing. Dare I say it, MG playing on the right with Hojlund and Rashford/Garnacho is still pretty frightening. Especially when they are being fed balls by Bruno, Mount, Casemiro, Martinez, Onana.

We finally have a pacey front line with plenty of people to supply rather than just relying on Bruno to make the killer pass every time.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
A front five of Hojlund, Rashford, Antony, Bruno and Mount should at least offer plenty of pace and mobility. And with ETH specifically citing the importance of transitions, pressing too hopefully. With the likes of Garnacho chipping in too it's a lively looking attack.

I went through various phases of thought on the idea of signing Kane but my initial one was that we'd be better off opting for a younger striker with the dynamism to fit the style of play I want to see from United and just build for the future. So this is all good and I won't be overly critical if he doesn't light the league up immediately.

Devil You Know

I honestly won't be surprised if he plays as a RWF in a lot of games. He's left footed, so he it would be a natural fit.

Garnacho is looking like the real deal at LWF. Rashford won't be dropped, so CF looks most likely for him at the start of the season. Right now, our right side (Antony, Dalot and AWB) is the weakest part of the pitch. There's a gap there that can be filled by someone who's fast and direct. The fact EtH sees us as a quick transition team makes it even more of a possibility.

doomy20

Would be pretty harsh to take it off Martial twice.
He will understand. His role is the never fully fit back up until he gets sold the earliest possible moment. Main main needs the 9, solely alone for the kids shirts

Red Rash

Time frame is that there is no injury, just time until he is match fit.
I assume he will be available from the bench from the first game then? He should be able to give us at least 15-20 minutes

Prodigy24

I just love the fact that he's been a United supporter since he was a little kid. Really looking forward to seeing him play and develop into hopefully a brilliant forward. It's also really good that we have Eriksen and Lindelöf there to help him settle in the club and the city. Crazy that he's only 20 years old.

Crimson King

He will understand. His role is the never fully fit back up until he gets sold the earliest possible moment. Main main needs the 9, solely alone for the kids shirts
I think it's more likely that he'll take an available number now, and then take the #9 next season.

I'm fairly sure Martial's contract expires next summer if we choose not to extend it, which we probably won't.

IHateTheEightyEights

Strange that we sign an expensive player for a position we all know we need and to many Utd fans its wrong to have any expectations.
I know a lot of Redcafe is of the, wrong, opinion that Rashford can not play up front (despite many, many games proving to the contrary) but Hojlund will most likely share the striker role with Rashford this season. Expect to see him out wide during big games with Rash through the middle.

People talk like ETH is Pep but its very clear he won't be moving us too far away from our current Bruno-to-Rashford style.

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
He will COOK under (M)ETH. So many runs I se Rashy not making that he definitely will. I have a guttural feeling that Rasmus will be amazing for us. Even this season. He may not be amazing but he will make oppo defenders think just with his sheer frame. Rashy is so much more comfortable down th wing. So all signs point to a good season. Cmon lads!!!

SAF is the GOAT

Any chance for translation please ?

Yes Rasmus

Last edited:

Chip

Any chance for translation please ?

Højlund:
Well of course it's huge. Having to play for the club that I dreamed of when I was very small. It is only something you can dream about. So of course I am happy and proud of that.

It is of course nice to be able to say that Christian is here now. He has welcomed me very well. He called himself "Agent-Christian" towards the summer because he did his job well behind the scenes.

Journalist:
Agent Christian, you have to elaborate on that.

Højlund:
No, now I'm also making it sound like he negotiated my deal, but he just asked if I wanted to come over here and that they were really hooked on me. That I was an exciting player. If I shouldn't go talk to my people and see if we could get the work done on it because they were interested. He (Christian) wanted to get another Dane over here. He could see that the way they (United) play and the way I play would be a good match. Yes, we just talked a lot back and forth, and got to talk about things.