5.5 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards

Red Regista

Who calls him a bad signing?
Like seriously?!
The lad is the only good signing Ten Hag has made and a genuine class act!
If he had a better team around him he'd score 30-40 goals in a season.
I'd take him over Kane, because he is younger and stronger.
And he still has room to improve as a player.
Him and Haaland are going to be the two world class strikers in the Prem, gunning it out for years to come (if we can built a good team around him).

Borys

Statistics Wizard
Oh, I see. I agree with that of course. But looking at his finishing quality I’m sure his conversion rate will be very good the coming seasons
The point is, it's not only about his finishing quality. Many times he just smahed this past Gk, or just near defender leg. It's the element of luck that plays a role and for this reason, I don't think he will keep it going. But his finishing looks class no doubts about that.

EdinburghDevil

Well taken goal last night and I think he's had a decent 1st season.

No doubt both Ramus himself and the club would benefit from having some competition so he doesn't carry the burden of being the only CF at the club.

padzilla

Hipster
For me part of the problem with Hojlund is that we have no other credible striker option. He's the only proper number 9 at the club but he should have been rested a bit more, we have over-relied on a young fella who should have been integrated a bit smoothly and he lost a bit of form at times.

Certainly has heaps of potential. Let's be honest the players around him are not creative team players, beyond Bruno and maybe Garnacho. Rashford and Antony are always trying to cut in and shoot.

If we played with actual wingers rather than inverted wing-strikers who blow and hot and cold, he could do much better.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
Fed on scraps all season. Don’t know what people expect.
I agree with that. The other top goalscorers in the PL will miss chances as well, but I bet they also get a lot more service. Give the lad the right service and he will score. He isn't great in the air, so either get someone to work on it with him or just actually play to his strengths. It's this idea that a big lad will be great in the air, Peter Crouch wasn't, but Lou Macari was.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
Well taken goal last night and I think he's had a decent 1st season.

No doubt both Ramus himself and the club would benefit from having some competition so he doesn't carry the burden of being the only CF at the club.
That was our big mistake, overpaying for him so leaving us no option but to put all the emphasis on his which wasn't fair. The fact we didn't even have the leeway to look for a free/low cost striker to help out. Oh and then there is Martial.:rolleyes:

Rojofiam

It's so obvious that he scores 30+ in a City/Arsenal side

Very happy with him and he's such an underrated player even in the United fanbase

Good discussion about him on the Overlap. Basically saying what we all know, hes got no chance in this current team. He's doing the right things but the service is so poor that no striker could succeed, and we're slowly knocking the confidence out of him.

L1nk

Good discussion about him on the Overlap. Basically saying what we all know, hes got no chance in this current team. He's doing the right things but the service is so poor that no striker could succeed, and we're slowly knocking the confidence out of him.

no no, he's just the worst signing this club has ever made these people have no idea what they are talking about

El Jefe

Did he get service yesterday that was any different to what he got in previous games? No he just used the ball better and happened to score.

Bruno played him the most basic pass and he made the rest work. It’s why I’ve hated the overuse of lack of service being used for him, good players make thing happen and he finally managed to do that yesterday.

Did he get service yesterday that was any different to what he got in previous games? No he just used the ball better and happened to score.

Bruno played him the most basic pass and he made the rest work. It’s why I’ve hated the overuse of lack of service being used for him, good players make thing happen and he finally managed to do that yesterday.
There is lack of service and there is zero service. However much anybody likes him he's not R9 reborn, he can't create goals from literally nothing.

Look at his goal last night. When he receives the ball there is nothing around him. Nobody coming down the right, nobody running beyond him, we just stood still. Only Bruno wanted the ball back exactly where it had come from. Hold up play depends on options being available and we provide none. As it happens he got lucky and shot through two defenders legs to score last night, most of the time that doesn't happen.

AndyMUFC

He is being very harshly judged by some people.

It’s the club’s fault that he’s the only striker at the club and in a dysfunctional team. There’s clearly something about him no matter what people say and I’m sure the older he gets the more we’ll see it.

next_number_seven

It’s the club’s fault that he’s the only striker at the club and in a dysfunctional team. There’s clearly something about him no matter what people say and I’m sure the older he gets the more we’ll see it.
I agree.
The jury's still out on him though.

Mike Smalling

It's just classic internet football fan. He's fluctuated between being the best thing ever to complete rubbish a few times this season. Obviously, the truth is somewhere in the middle, but he's definitely showing some talent and a good attitude. If you look beyond penalties, he's also our top scorer this season by quite a margin, so he must be doing something right.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
It's just classic internet football fan. He's fluctuated between being the best thing ever to complete rubbish a few times this season. Obviously, the truth is somewhere in the middle, but he's definitely showing some talent and a good attitude. If you look beyond penalties, he's also our top scorer this season by quite a margin, so he must be doing something right.
To be fair, he has been woeful since his injury and got progressively worse. That will naturally get people writing him off, but we have to remember his situation and his age. Similar to people saying Garnacho "will never be elite", because of his recent form. We need to create a better environment for him to thrive, but they've both have done pretty bloody well considering. That ultimately doesn't help us compete though, it gets people riled up and emotional.

Trex

I would like to see him drift around a bit more. Especially to the right flank, he could be a hand full to deal with if he learns to receive there and cut in as well as make outside to in runs to the back post. He's got huge potential but staying so high and central makes it a bit difficult to be found by his teammates.

RuudTom83

Prem League
Expected Goals 7.47
Goals 9

Champs League
Expected Goals 3.31
Goals 5

Hojlund is very efficient for a 21 year old :devil:

Gabriel Djemba-Bebe

I didn't like his celebration today but I am not sure, what exactly is behind it. The Shushh-thingy seems a little odd, not like he had the greatest of seasons or anything. I didn't expect him to have but I am a bit worried that he thinks the odd conter goal to make it 9 in a season is going to rectify something. The kid should just continue to work hard and listen to his coaches. More than enough for him to learn.
It's not that deep bro. Tons of players put their finger to their lips when celebrating a goal. It could be for a multitude of reasons. After hearing Carragher lay into him on MNF on Wednesday asking "what does he actually do?", I'd like to think Hojlund was shushing critics like him up - that goal wasn't bad for someone who supposedly "can't do anything" was it? Or maybe it was in response to the gobby Geordies in the away end. Either way, as a United fan, his celebration really isn't worth getting worked up about.

Remember the geese

I remember this video from earlier in the season. Nunez supposedly has 'turned it around'. He's scored two more league goals this season than he did last, which also equates to a whopping two more league goals than Højlund this season. Three more goals in all competitions compared to what he managed last season, having played eleven games more thus far. Three goals more than Højlund has managed in all competitions.

Can't wait for such a seismic turnaround for Højlund next season.

Schmeichels pinky

Very much so, yes he did. I can’t recall another pass for him in a position like that where he didn’t have two defenders up his arse. With Hojlund the lack of “service” (even if I hate the word) can’t be overestimated. But I can see many people get tired of explanations even if they are true.

Andersons Dietician

Wasn’t there a stat that in the last 8 games United created 5 chances for him. Doesn’t he also have one of if not thee best shot conversion rate in the league. So kinda shoots down what you just said. In reality it’s both, we need to as a team create more chances for him and he has to do better also.

criticalanalysis

Very much so, yes he did. I can’t recall another pass for him in a position like that where he didn’t have two defenders up his arse. With Hojlund the lack of “service” (even if I hate the word) can’t be overestimated. But I can see many people get tired of explanations even if they are true.
Glad you said it. It was a very basic pass from Bruno but the circumstance of where and how Hojlund got it is not something we've seen regularly.

It a counter attack with 1) Newcastle on the back foot, where 2) Hojlund received the ball facing the goal and he then had 3) space to run facing forwards to get a shot away.

We've barely played him a ball in any one of those situations, let alone all three.

Again he does deserve criticism for his own part but let's not pretend he's been getting many of the above scenarios all season. No surprise we've played a lot better (but overall not good) now that ETH has abandoned the 4-2-4 in the past two games.

lex talionis

Rasmus is not the generational talent we were hoping for, but given the general shitshow of a club he walked into we need to cut him some slack. But we definitely need another striker to take some of the pressure off of him, and we need our wingers to start looking for him first rather than looking for their own shot first.

Schmeichels pinky

Rasmus is not the generational talent we were hoping for, but given the general shitshow of a club he walked into we need to cut him some slack. But we definitely need another striker to take some of the pressure off of him, and we need our wingers to start looking for him first rather than looking for their own shot first.
Well, that is hard to know given the circumstances, isn’t it? I think we need to see him in a well functioning team before we can judge how good he can actually be.

lex talionis

Well, that is hard to know given the circumstances, isn’t it? I think we need to see him in a well functioning team before we can judge how good he can actually be.
Isn't it rather obvious that we need a second striker? I'm assuming Martial will be gone and that we have no promising youth striker to break into the first team and if those are valid assumptions we can't have a 23 man squad and only one proper striker. I'm not sure what is to become of Greenwood but there's no indication that I know of yet that he will be welcomed back.

Even two strikers would be a bit thin, but doable.

Winrar

Victim of a dysfunctional attack that doesn't know how to create chances. His "lack of service" is just a symptom of a bigger problem - poor decision making, off-the-ball movement that's not just his fault but the rest of the attack.

Even if he's reliant on confidence, he has the ability required to be a top goalscorer. I really hope he can fulfill his potential here one way or another.

Schmeichels pinky

Isn't it rather obvious that we need a second striker? I'm assuming Martial will be gone and that we have no promising youth striker to break into the first team and if those are valid assumptions we can't have a 23 man squad and only one proper striker. I'm not sure what is to become of Greenwood but there's no indication that I know of yet that he will be welcomed back.

Even two strikers would be a bit thin, but doable.
Yes, I addressed the part of him being a generational talent

colombianmancunian

He has had his best goal scoring season in a new team, a new league, and o a side that basically ignores him and doesn’t pass to him. The guy is the real deal, and a well drilled team he will be a big success. I trust Højlund.

STYLOISRED

Good strikers make things happen but he 22 for ffs. If he made things happen with 2 chances a game for a whole season he would be the best no9 on the planet.

Abraxas

Who calls him a bad signing?
Like seriously?!
The lad is the only good signing Ten Hag has made and a genuine class act!
If he had a better team around him he'd score 30-40 goals in a season.
I'd take him over Kane, because he is younger and stronger.
And he still has room to improve as a player.
Him and Haaland are going to be the two world class strikers in the Prem, gunning it out for years to come (if we can built a good team around him).
I think you might be overcompensating against the critics.

Not sure he's ready to score 30-40 goals in any side. The team has flaws but so does he. Which is expected, he's a young player from Atalanta, his first season was a huge ask, and the performance of the team wasn't helpful.

Blood Mage

I'd keep him as an impact sub until his holdup play improves. I do think there's a player there but he needs work.

Brighton 0:2 Man Utd New

L1nk

Another goal this time on his weaker foot. That makes him joint top scorer in the league and joint top scorer overall now I believe? Not bad for the shittest signing United have ever made in their history.

Give him the number 9 next season, lets get a functioning actual working team and I think he will start to bang the goals in. One of the changes that helped win the game today, allowed Dalot to score with his combativeness and then bit of confidence to take the ball on and score himself.

His striking of the ball is great, even on his weaker foot.

Alemar

16G this season, team top scorer. And maybe he will score even more till the end of the season…