2023-24 Performances

View full 2023-24 profile

5.5 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards

MiceOnMeth

I'm reserving judgment until we have decent wingers to supply him and aren't busy conceding 20 shots per half

sebsheep

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
No.

Theres maybe like 2 :lol:

The sad thing is this vid is two months old but I don't think it matters for his goal tally. Which sums him up.
Yeah to be fair I count
- 3 goals created by opposition players
- 4 by United players

We should probably break those United ones down a little though.
- Cross from Shaw
- Tackle from Casemiro
- Maguire knock down from a corner
- Garnacho shot

Depends how much work you would say a player has to do in order to count as creating a goal himself.

2 of the 3 opposition ones are fair shouts, if we are very kind and give Rashford credit for dribbling into the opposition.
We should give created by United players the obvious Shaw cross and the Maguire knock down.
The tackle from Casemiro doesn't look intended for him and he has a decent amount of work to do. I think it would be fair to give the creation of that to Hojlund but it would be reasonable to see it the way.
Garnacho shot has to go to Hojlund, brilliant improvisation.

I don't think that video is really disapproving @Lyng's claim.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Yeah to be fair I count
- 3 goals created by opposition players
- 4 by United players

We should probably break those United ones down a little though.
- Cross from Shaw
- Tackle from Casemiro
- Maguire knock down from a corner
- Garnacho shot

Depends how much work you would say a player has to do in order to count as creating a goal himself.

2 of the 3 opposition ones are fair shouts, if we are very kind and give Rashford credit for dribbling into the opposition.
We should give created by United players the obvious Shaw cross and the Maguire knock down.
The tackle from Casemiro doesn't look intended for him and he has a decent amount of work to do. I think it would be fair to give the creation of that to Hojlund but it would be reasonable to see it the way.
Garnacho shot has to go to Hojlund, brilliant improvisation.

I don't think that video is really disapproving @Lyng's claim.
Sorry what? There literally only one or maximum two goals of Hojlund carving out a chance on his own.

I rate him but he will struggle to touch the ball with that lineup behind him. If he can score its going to have to be a lucky bounce or he creates something himself.

sebsheep

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Sorry what? There literally only one or maximum two goals of Hojlund carving out a chance on his own.
That's fine, care to elaborate on how you view each goal?

Kammy26

Needs to check his footwear. I’ve never seen a United striker slip as much as he does in crucial moments. It’s so annoying.

Murder on Zidanes Floor

You'd better not kill Giroud
He's a mule. Honestly, we have better players in the academy. Brutally awful player. Ten games now, no goals and about five shots.

Can't stay standing, can't control, can't shield, doesn't look particularly quick, has no strength, doesn't have any feel for the position, never gambles, can't head the ball, can't pass.

£70m

Superb business.

Tony247

Can't get a shot on goal! And not for the first time. This is really concerning.

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down
Bought for potential. Not good enough to lead the line every match. Simple as that. Shame he could never get a game where he comes on as a sub to replace another striker.

NinjaZombie

Punched the air when Liverpool beat City
He's a mule. Honestly, we have better players in the academy. Brutally awful player. Ten games now, no goals and about five shots.

Can't stay standing, can't control, can't shield, doesn't look particularly quick, has no strength, doesn't have any feel for the position, never gambles, can't head the ball, can't pass.

£70m

Superb business.
What do you expect him to do when our wide players are happy exchanging passes with the centre midfielders? The few times he got the ball, he brought his team mates into play, only for them to then do what they've been doing the whole game.

Piskin

He is basically crap!! INEOS hopefully will sell him on this summer. The worst I have ever seen up front in 51 years following the club.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
Still the main issue is he's our MAIN striker. Otherwise, he wouldn't be scrutinized this much.

And yeah, it would be typical United to buy a "fill in the gap" striker, and waiting for Hojlund to "may or may not" come good. It's just a silly thought and planning.

Murder on Zidanes Floor

You'd better not kill Giroud
What do you expect him to do when our wide players are happy exchanging passes with the centre midfielders? The few times he got the ball, he brought his team mates into play, only for them to then do what they've been doing the whole game.
Can he control a pass rather than it bouncing off his knees FFS.

AndySmith1990

What a terrible player he is.

Not interested in what the "he's only a kid" crowd have to say. He's just bad regardless of age

HookedOnAPhelan

Been utterly awful since coming back from injury. Can't do anything right. Has a lot of work to do if he's gonna make it here.

Sanchez7

He has shown no signs of any skill, close control, predatory instinct etc. imo. Just compare him to Jackson at Chelsea who is 22 - his all around game ex finishing has been very good all season.

arthurka

What a terrible player he is.

Not interested in what the "he's only a kid" crowd have to say. He's just bad regardless of age
He gets absolutely no crosses at all. Nothing to work with, I would ask my agent to get me out of there asap.

evil_geko

Still the main issue is he's our MAIN striker. Otherwise, he wouldn't be scrutinized this much.

And yeah, it would be typical United to buy a "fill in the gap" striker, and waiting for Hojlund to "may or may not" come good. It's just a silly thought and planning.
If people here used just a bit of common sense and some of the context, he also wouldn't be scrutinized this much.

Malone_Post

I’ve seen enough to know he’s not going to be a top level player. Just doesn’t have the ability. The difference in technique between him & our other young players like Garnacho, Mainoo & Amad is just night and day.

He’s a poor man’s Lukaku. If he wasn’t fast and athletic I doubt he’d be anywhere near a club like United.

Beachryan

More helpful with spreadsheets than Phurry
Double-teamed by the best defensive partnership in the league, leaving space for McTominay to, well, who knows what Scott was up to.

Thankless task, basically isolated at the top with no service from anywhere and fans expect I don't know what from the poor lad.

evil_geko

I’ve seen enough to know he’s not going to be a top level player. Just doesn’t have the ability. The difference in technique between him & our other young players like Garnacho, Mainoo & Amad is just night and day.

He’s a poor man’s Lukaku. If he wasn’t fast and athletic I doubt he’d be anywhere near a club like United.
:lol:

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
His touch and technique are the biggest concern. Nowhere near the quality of a top half striker.

Halftrack

Christ some of this fanbase sucks. Acting like literal toddlers with their pissing and moaning and complete lack of anything resembling patience.

Bobski

Had a couple of moments of good hold up play when he was able to make a couple yards of space. His touch falls off a cliff when he is being jostled from behind. Unfortunate slip to waste the best Utd chance of the game.