5.5 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards

roonster09

FA Cup Predictions 2023/2024 winner
Scout
The team and by extension Rashford play better when we have a striker who drops deep and gets involved in build-up play. Rashford's uptake in form when Lukaku and Ronaldo respectively left is not an anomaly.
WW offered nothing when dropped deep. He was just clumsy.

I think someone already posted Rashford goals, I didn't check that but the conclusion was there was almost no involvement of WW.

D. Grayson

Supports
Ashwood City FC.
WW offered nothing when dropped deep. He was just clumsy.

I think someone already posted Rashford goals, I didn't check that but the conclusion was there was almost no involvement of WW.
He did a great job holding the ball up, drawing the back line out, and creating space for Rashford and others to run into. His ability with his back to goal was very good and helped the team retain possession. The conclusion was that Wout didn't directly assist Rashford so my assessment must be wrong, even though his and Martial's involvement from deep opened up the space needed for Rashford to score those goals.

roonster09

Scout
He did a great job holding the ball up, drawing the back line out, and creating space for Rashford and others to run into. His ability with his back to goal was very good and helped the team retain possession. The conclusion was that Wout didn't directly assist Rashford so my assessment must be wrong, even though his and Martial's involvement from deep opened up the space needed for Rashford to score those goals.
He did none of that. If anything Hojlund does lot better job by playing decent pass and also with his pace, ability to carry the ball.

What you said about WW happened for couple of games and then he looked like a horse trying to control the ball. He was so clumsy.

D. Grayson

Supports
Ashwood City FC.
He did none of that. If anything Hojlund does lot better job by playing decent pass and also with his pace, ability to carry the ball.

What you said about WW happened for couple of games and then he looked like a horse trying to control the ball. He was so clumsy.
His numbers for shot-creating actions, progressive passes, and passes attempted were and are higher than Højlund's for both United and Atalanta. His ball retention numbers are also better. Højlund is a better out-and-out goal scorer, and his ball-carrying stats show that he is physically way better than Wout.

roonster09

Scout
His numbers for shot-creating actions, progressive passes, and passes attempted were and are higher than Højlund's for both United and Atalanta. His ball retention numbers are also better. Højlund is a better out-and-out goal scorer, and his ball-carrying stats show that he is physically way better than Wout.
His ball carry stats are better as he is a better dribbler and has pace. Also Hojlund has better pass completion percentage than WW.

Fair enough about other stats but on pitch his contribution was nothing for unleashing Rashford.

D. Grayson

Supports
Ashwood City FC.
His ball carry stats are better as he is a better dribbler and has pace. Also Hojlund has better pass completion percentage than WW.

Fair enough about other stats but on pitch his contribution was nothing for unleashing Rashford.
I don't believe Wout is a better player than Højlund, but the team always seems to perform poorly when playing with strikers similar to Højlund's style (e.g., Lukaku and poacher Ronaldo).

Nick7

Cole said his first instinct is always to fight the centre half and he just couldn’t understand why. That the goal of a centre forward is to find space, which involves not being close to the centre half.
Interesting. I’ve noticed that myself. But it could be a purely tactical thing coming from ETH as we like to get the wingers extra space on the ball

sebsheep

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
The team and by extension Rashford play better when we have a striker who drops deep and gets involved in build-up play. Rashford's uptake in form when Lukaku and Ronaldo respectively left is not an anomaly.
A lot of Rashford's goals come from runs in behind. He makes those runs when he's playing out wide or up front, when we have a striker who drops deep or we have one who doesn't. The difference in how he performs comes down to how often/well he makes the runs, how often we can/do make the pass and what he actually does with the ball when the pass is made. To put so much of his downturn in form on Hojlund's role is bizarre.

Iirc Weghorst ended up playing in the number 10 position with a striker ahead of him quite often.

D. Grayson

Supports
Ashwood City FC.
A lot of Rashford's goals come from runs in behind. He makes those runs when he's playing out wide or up front, when we have a striker who drops deep or we have one who doesn't. The difference in how he performs comes down to how often/well he makes the runs, how often we can/do make the pass and what he actually does with the ball when the pass is made. To put so much of his downturn in form on Hojlund's role is bizarre.

Iirc Weghorst ended up playing in the number 10 position with a striker ahead of him quite often.
Rashford's decline in form can be attributed to several factors, with the primary issue being his codependent partnership with Shaw. However, the team as a whole seems to be less cohesive offensively compared to last season. Ignoring Højlund's technical shortcomings as a contributing factor to this is bizarreto me.

Maagge

enjoys sex, doesn't enjoy women not into ONS
Interesting. I’ve noticed that myself. But it could be a purely tactical thing coming from ETH as we like to get the wingers extra space on the ball
He didn't do it at Atalanta, so it must be an instruction from the coaching team.

UnrelatedPsuedo

I pity the poor fool who stinks like I do!
If that were true, he bought the wrong player. Hojland is at his best facing goal. He’s not a hold up type centre forward. He does have qualities there, but it’s mad to take away his best attributes to try to serve unfunctioning wingers who are both at best receiving the ball out wide and coming in with it.

He looks like a 20+ Premier League goal scorer facing goal. Then bang average when asked to fight with two centre half’s and scrap.

sebsheep

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Rashford's decline in form can be attributed to several factors, with the primary issue being his codependent partnership with Shaw. However, the team as a whole seems to be less cohesive offensively compared to last season. Ignoring Højlund's technical shortcomings as a contributing factor to this is bizarreto me.
You put the primary blame on Hojlund though, that's what the conversation has been about.
People aren't ignoring areas he needs to improve, they're pointing out that you're ignoring several other factors that have led to us being less creative this season.

Yagami

Good post resistant
You don't have to think he's a world class talent but how can't you rate him at all is beyond me. I'm very excited about his potential. He's already pretty good, in my opinion.

binary bot
Makes me think all the more the physicality and amount of games has taken its toll on him.

That’s similar to his performances at the start and when he came on against Arsenal.

Ibi Dreams

Brilliant outlet when he came on, we should maybe have even scored a third at the end due to his hold up play

RuudtheRed

I enjoyed his battling with the City centerbacks. Didn't give them an easy time and that final burst of pace pretty much saw the game out for us. For me, he has been a good signing for sure.

Doracle

Great little cameo. If we can bring in a forward to compete with him, he will be so much better next season.

Red-17

Makes me think all the more the physicality and amount of games has taken its toll on him.

That’s similar to his performances at the start and when he came on against Arsenal.
Yeah he looked a yard quicker and a lot stronger today. Genuinely outpaced City players a few times which we hadn't seen from him in a while. We really need a rotation option for him or at least consider the Bruno false 9 option more often so Hojlund can be used more sparingly.

2mufc0

Everything is fair game in capitalism!
Supports
Dragon of Dojima
He is the future, but don't think we will ever get the best out of him if Rashford stays around.

Golden Nugget

Almost got us a 3rd at the end, and that was from chasing a ball he had no right to win. Excellent cameo

Red_Aaron

Did more in his cameo than haaland did in the whole game?

I know the ogre feck hit the bar but that was a first time shot from a deflected cut back, did fcuk all else but fall over everytime the ball went near him

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
Cheered it like a goal when he had that big duel with Akanji at the end and won the free kick to see us over the line. That drive and physicality would take him pretty far even if he had no other talents... Fortunately, he's got bags full. :devil:

Lyng

Did more in his cameo than haaland did in the whole game?

I know the ogre feck hit the bar but that was a first time shot from a deflected cut back, did fcuk all else but fall over everytime the ball went near him
Almost spit my coffee out laughing when Kobbie completely outmuscled the big lump

Red_Aaron

Almost spit my coffee out laughing when Kobbie completely outmuscled the big lump
He set the stall out in the first few minutes. 8ft yeti haaland throwing himself to the floor under pressure from 4ft martinez was embarrassing. He didn't fancy it today at all

Rasmus came on and immediately set about putting a mark on them. Despite not starting he applied himself brilliantly

Lyng

He set the stall out in the first few minutes. 8ft yeti haaland throwing himself to the floor under pressure from 4ft martinez was embarrassing. He didn't fancy it today at all

Rasmus came on and immediately set about putting a mark on them. Despite not starting he applied himself brilliantly
Yup agree completely

Adamsk7

Give him just one player that looks up to find him and a solid team behind and he will cook. He has so many great attributes. Still not the finished article of course